Pope D'Angelo Dinero leaving wrestling?

• Paid Members

His finisher is one of the weakest in the business, in my opinion. A running squash with his knees up in the corner. Really doesn't spell 'ok, end of the match now' to me.

But as a wrestler overall, he is ok. Not bad, but not great. Has a lot of charisma no doubt, and I like his appearance. But what actually is his character and how does it translate into his ring work? It doesn't, does it? Much like Daniels.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe AJ was pissed that Pope was getting over :-/

Dumbest thing I have read in quite a while on this forum. Well done.

Especially considering that AJ was the heel and was going to win the match. So he needs the Pope not only to get over so the win will mean something.

I just thought at the time that Pope and Anderson was starting to get over, And being that they are both former wwe guys AJ might of been pissed that again a wwe guy was going to get his belt and be the face of the company.

• Paid Members
I just thought at the time that Pope and Anderson was starting to get over, And being that they are both former wwe guys AJ might of been pissed that again a wwe guy was going to get his belt and be the face of the company.

So you thought AJ was addressing this issue by fucking the former WWE stars up by dropping them on their heads and putting them out of work? Not very Christian-like is it? And Styles was penned in to win the match anyway and had far more TV time devoted to him. Its quite a dumb thing to suggest which ever way you word it. They are all in it to make a living. Nobody wants to take advantage of a fellow worker.

So you thought AJ was addressing this issue by fucking the former WWE stars up by dropping them on their heads and putting them out of work? Not very Christian-like is it? And Styles was penned in to win the match anyway and had far more TV time devoted to him. Its quite a dumb thing to suggest which ever way you word it. They are all in it to make a living. Nobody wants to take advantage of a fellow worker.

Not every christian person is a 100 percent angel. AJ won the match yes, But lost the title the week after to RVD another former wwe guy. Are you seriously trying to say that after all the years he has carried the company on his back that they are going to "go" with former wwe guys (which is exactly what they have done) isn't going to piss AJ off even a little. Okay maybe he wasn't pissed at the whole wwe guys coming in and taking up the top spots, But in that match he was pissed at something because he could of put Pope down or done something other then dumping him on his shoulder he had enough time to.

• Paid Members
Not every christian person is a 100 percent angel. AJ won the match yes, But lost the title the week after to RVD another former wwe guy.

Why didnt he take his anger out on RVD then? If he was in the mood to take food out of the mouths of people hired by the company that pays his wages, he should have just headbutted Van Dam or something.

Are you seriously trying to say that after all the years he has carried the company on his back that they are going to "go" with former wwe guys (which is exactly what they have done) isn't going to piss AJ off even a little.

Has any former WWE wrestler taken his spot? No. Not a single one. AJ Styles has always drifted from upper midcard to the main event slot. He's never been buried. He's changed positions on the card plenty of times since 2002. Even when TNA was "carried on his back" (another ridiculous claim) he was lower in the pecking order than Jeff Jarrett, Sting and Raven. Out of every TNA original, Styles spot has more or less always remained the same, even if his character hasnt. And even if he was pissed off that someone is getting pushed ahead of him, do you honestly think he'd injure a fellow proffessional?

But in that match he was pissed at something because he could of put Pope down or done something other then dumping him on his shoulder he had enough time to.

But he didnt. It was a bad landing. Thats the risk of a stunt based profession like wrestling. Your conspiracy theories are ridiculous. You know its not real dont you?

Not every christian person is a 100 percent angel. AJ won the match yes, But lost the title the week after to RVD another former wwe guy.

Why didnt he take his anger out on RVD then? If he was in the mood to take food out of the mouths of people hired by the company that pays his wages, he should have just headbutted Van Dam or something.

Are you seriously trying to say that after all the years he has carried the company on his back that they are going to "go" with former wwe guys (which is exactly what they have done) isn't going to piss AJ off even a little.

Has any former WWE wrestler taken his spot? No. Not a single one. AJ Styles has always drifted from upper midcard to the main event slot. He's never been buried. He's changed positions on the card plenty of times since 2002. Even when TNA was "carried on his back" (another ridiculous claim) he was lower in the pecking order than Jeff Jarrett, Sting and Raven. Out of every TNA original, Styles spot has more or less always remained the same, even if his character hasnt. And even if he was pissed off that someone is getting pushed ahead of him, do you honestly think he'd injure a fellow proffessional?

But in that match he was pissed at something because he could of put Pope down or done something other then dumping him on his shoulder he had enough time to.

But he didnt. It was a bad landing. Thats the risk of a stunt based profession like wrestling. Your conspiracy theories are ridiculous. You know its not real dont you?

I didn't say take his spot because no one can. Styles will always be seen as the loyal long serving tna star. How is AJ carrying the company on his back a ridiculous claim?? Nobody gave a flying F about Jeff Jarrett, Sting comes and goes and I didn't watch Raven in tna other then the one time he won the world title for like a day or something like that and lost it back to Jarrett. Imo AJ should be a main eventer in tna not jumping from upper midcard to main event and then dropping back down again.

Anyway back onto the point. AJ had Pope up on his shoulders for enough time to do something safe. He could of pushed him up so Pope could of victory rolled through, He could of fell down on his back and flapped jacked Pope even. But to dump him on his shoulder?? Every wrestler worth is salt KNOWS that if something goes wrong you try and land flat, Be it yourself or your opponent. Look at it again. AJ tries to fireman carry Pope, Pope does not get up on his shoulders properly, AJ tries to deadlift him up there, At one point Pope has his foot on the ground. From that point that is where you would break off and try for the spot again, Or you would break off and do something else. AJ deadlifts Pope up that means HE is in control at that point, And remember the move AJ was going for was a firemans carry. So answer me this, Why is it that AJ does NOT try and grab Pope by the head once he has him up there???

• Paid Members
I didn't say take his spot because no one can.

Yes they can. If TNA wanted to, they easily can. They call the shots and he does what he's told.

How is AJ carrying the company on his back a ridiculous claim?? Nobody gave a flying F about Jeff Jarrett

Yes they did. Watch the early days of TNA. The hottest match of the whole era was when they turned away hundreds of customers at the door at the old Nashville building, in his match with Raven.

Sting comes and goes

Sting came and made a significant difference to the buyrates and early TNA ratings. Sure his value has diminished over the years, but there have been people there longer than him with less impact than what he has. Sting's a far bigger deal to TNA has AJ Styles ever was.

and I didn't watch Raven in tna other then the one time he won the world title for like a day or something like that and lost it back to Jarrett.

Raven was in TNA for about 4 years. He was in TNA for 90% of the time your are claiming that AJ Styles carried, so if you didnt watch it, what are you judging AJ Styles contribution to TNA to have been? The time he wore a crown and teamed with Tomko?

Imo AJ should be a main eventer in tna not jumping from upper midcard to main event and then dropping back down again.

Well if he's taking liberties with his opponents, he shouldnt even be working for a major promotion should he?

Anyway back onto the point. AJ had Pope up on his shoulders for enough time to do something safe. He could of pushed him up so Pope could of victory rolled through, He could of fell down on his back and flapped jacked Pope even. But to dump him on his shoulder?? Every wrestler worth is salt KNOWS that if something goes wrong you try and land flat, Be it yourself or your opponent. Look at it again. AJ tries to fireman carry Pope, Pope does not get up on his shoulders properly, AJ tries to deadlift him up there, At one point Pope has his foot on the ground. From that point that is where you would break off and try for the spot again, Or you would break off and do something else. AJ deadlifts Pope up that means HE is in control at that point, And remember the move AJ was going for was a firemans carry. So answer me this, Why is it that AJ does NOT try and grab Pope by the head once he has him up there???

It was a planned spot you fool. Accidents happen and your talking out of your arse now. Do you think he just throws Pope around with Pope saying "fucking hell, I wonder what he's got planned now?!". I do like how a bloke who wrestles in a 8x8 ring in Norwich is listing ways for AJ FUCKING STYLES not to fuck up a planned spot that a road agent has probably told him to do and that the opponent is meant to control with his fall.

I've just realised, I'm arguing with a basketcase. I'm out.

Imo AJ should be a main eventer in tna not jumping from upper midcard to main event and then dropping back down again.

I don't agree with that, if he'd been in the main event for years we'd be sick of him, thats what WWE do with Cena & Orton and in the past HHH. In the old days they'd cycle guys up and down or send them to other territories to keep them fresh, thats similar to how AJ has been booked in TNA and probably why no ones particularly got bored of him.

• Paid Members

You should've realised he was mental when he was making out Justin Richards is this country's equivalent of Hulk Hogan and The Rock the other night.

I only just realised it was him when I posted that bit at the end.

What I mean is nobody can take his spot as in he is the longest serving wrestler in tna, Much like Taker is. Not as in take his spot and force him out the company or down the card. Because he is a tna mainstay.

"Yes they did. Watch the early days of TNA. The hottest match of the whole era was when they turned away hundreds of customers at the door at the old Nashville building, in his match with Raven."

Okay okay so Jarrett was hot for 15 minutes, Hey even Matt Hardy was popular once so I guess miracles do happen. Also I am aware of Stings contributions to tna. I didn't say that he was not important, I said he comes and goes unlike AJ.

"Well if he's taking liberties with his opponents, he shouldnt even be working for a major promotion should he?"

wrestlers that work for major promotions take liberities with their opponents (Scott Steiner rings a bell)

"It was a planned spot you fool. Accidents happen and your taking out of your arse now. I do like how a bloke who wrestles in a 8x8 ring in Norwich is listing ways for AJ FUCKING STYLES not to fuck up a planned spot that a road agent has probably told him to do and that the opponent is meant to control with his fall."

How do YOU know it was a planned spot? Was YOU the road agent? *Newsflash* not all matches are pre planned, Some matches are free styled or "called on the fly" And I love how a bloke who has probably never wrestled a match in his life is trying to tell me (who has wrestled in a 14FOOT ring) how AJ FUCKING STYLES could of put down Pope safely.

Im OUT! Peace.

You should've realised he was mental when he was making out Justin Richards is this country's equivalent of Hulk Hogan and The Rock the other night.

I didn't say that Justin Richards was an UK equivalent of Hogan or Rock. I said in the UK wrestling scene they are names. I did say sorry for not realising that the UKFF's only knowledge of wrestling is wwe and tna and little is known of THEIR OWN country's wrestling history.

I didn't say that Justin Richards was an UK equivalent of Hogan or Rock. I said in the UK wrestling scene they are names. I did say sorry for not realising that the UKFF's only knowledge of wrestling is wwe and tna and little is known of THEIR OWN country's wrestling history.

Well from the video posted above can you blame them? It looked as if you were wrestling in a Gola tracksuit. British wrestling = Embarrasingly unprofessional.

Archived