Pope D'Angelo Dinero leaving wrestling?

Styles has been missused in the last few years I think. Ever since he started wearing Flair's robe. As for Joe, he isn't motivated, they changed him so much he bec ame a shadow of his former self. Long before he became a big fan of pies.

Wasn't he born a fan of pies ? ;)

'I wouldn't go so far as to call the brother fat, I mean he got a weight problem. Whats the nigga gonna do? He's Samoan.' - Pulp Fiction. 1994.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember those few months when he first came into TNA, it was awesome. It was the last time I watched impact consistently, but then...it all sortof went wrong.

I kinda feel that Mr Anderson got what should have been the Popes push into the main event.

• Paid Members

Nah the biggest stand outs in TNA are Beer Money. Both are amazing.

As much as I love them teaming together, the potential in a Beer Money split feud is incredible. James Storm and Robert Roode are proper wrestlers.

Popes doesn't have the in-ring ability to be champion (then again neither is Mr. Anderson). Unless he's in there with an AJ Styles or a Kurt Angle his matches never get going and feels more like a WWE dark match.

Styles has been missused in the last few years I think. Ever since he started wearing Flair's robe. As for Joe, he isn't motivated, they changed him so much he bec ame a shadow of his former self. Long before he became a big fan of pies.

Wasn't he born a fan of pies ? ;)

'I wouldn't go so far as to call the brother fat, I mean he got a weight problem. Whats the nigga gonna do? He's Samoan.' - Pulp Fiction. 1994.

^^^ :laugh: ALWAYS time for a pulp fiction reference!

Newm was right. Pope was the closets thing to The Rock that tna had. When he was cutting his promos he had the impact zone (as small as it is I know) In the palm of his hand, They hung on his every word and verbally he took them on a ride. Where it went down hill for him is when he had the world title match vs AJ @ Lockdown when he got "injured" (imho on purpose by AJ when he dumped him over his head right on his shoulder, If you can find it look and judge for yourself) after when he came back form it tna had gone in another direction.

• Paid Members
he got "injured" (imho on purpose by AJ when he dumped him over his head right on his shoulder, If you can find it look and judge for yourself)

You can make an opinion whether you feel its AJ's fault or not, but you cant judge if it was on purpose. Why would he do it on purpose? There's a difference between accidentally injuring someone and doing it on purpose.

From what I can remember from the match I think Pope jumped onto AJ like I think he was going for a tornado ddt or sumthing. They were both struggling with Pope up on AJ shoulders for like a couple of seconds you could see something was a miss and then AJ just tosses Pope in the air over his head and Pope came down on his shoulder, To me it looked like he didn't give him room space or time to bump properly. maybe AJ was pissed that Pope was getting over :-/

• Paid Members
maybe AJ was pissed that Pope was getting over :-/

Or maybe wrestling isnt table tennis and injuries can happen when performing dangerous stunts? Its AJ and the Pope's job to get each other over. You think he's going to try and legit injure someone just because he gets a few cheers?

• Paid Members
I know wrestling is not table tennis, To me when AJ threw Pope over his head it looked suspect. I'll try and find a clip of it somewhere.

I watched it earlier. Nothing looked suspect about it at all. It was a bad landing. Shit happens. Its pretty ridiculous to think he'd even do that.

• Paid Members
maybe AJ was pissed that Pope was getting over :-/

Dumbest thing I have read in quite a while on this forum. Well done.

Especially considering that AJ was the heel and was going to win the match. So he needs the Pope not only to get over so the win will mean something.

• Paid Members

Am I the only one that thinks Burke is nowt special and laughs at the "WWE missed the boat with this guy" crowd? Yes, his character is pretty over in the Impact Zone (who also thought Vance Archer was the nuts, remember), but his actual match routine is pretty dull and when I've watched him wrestle live, he looks soft as shit. Massive daylight on a lot of his stuff. I think a lot of his pop is just for the pair of tits in his tron video.

Archived