TNA: "WRESTLING MATTERS HERE"

Mr. Seven

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found it quite funny that they are going on about being wrestlers, obviously aimed at WWE, then they show D-Von calling himself an entertainer.

It just shows up the "WRESTLING IS NOT ENTERTAINMENT" fapdrivel argument as the pointless toss it is. Entertaining people is the job of all the wrestlers in that, it's pretty funny that TNA is rallying against that fact to appeal to people on forums yet still leaves in D-Von's comments exposing the whole thing as nonsense.

I'm really confused. The TNA logo is still plastered over the website despite it having an overhaul. People are calling the company Impact Wrestling.

At first I thought it was IMPACT WRESTLING was the brand, because people ask "Did you watch Raw last night?" not "Did you watch WWE last night?" but for Impact it seems people just say "Did you watch TNA last night?" rather than the name of the show.

Someone needs to clear things up. Hogans said on Twitter Impact Wrestling is the name of the company now, but others working for TNA say otherwise.

No campaign to change it's name then Like WWE did with the "Get the 'F' out. Do they expect everyone to automatically know 'Impact Wrestling' used to be 'TNA Wrestling'. This goes for potential punters for live shows and PPV's. Not to mention all the merch with the 'TNA' name all over it. Seem's very knee jerk. Almost like, "This clearly isn't working, let's totally change our name, that will bring us success!'. They might as well be calling themselves Insignia for all the good i will do.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I do think they'll keep the company name TNA. So AJ Styles works for TNA....Impact Wrestling will just be how they introduce the TV show. Rather than "TNA Impact"...they want the TNA name to be kept off air and only used if needed.

I'm sure IF they're getting rid of the TNA name completely, we'll still see the fans in the Impact Zone chanting TNA anyway.

I'm sure IF they're getting rid of the TNA name completely, we'll still see the fans in the Impact Zone chanting TNA anyway.

Its a taped show, so they will just edit it out.

They never edited out the "FIRE RUSSO" chants and all the other silliness, even on Impact.

• Paid Members
Someone needs to clear things up. Hogans said on Twitter Impact Wrestling is the name of the company now, but others working for TNA say otherwise.

Indeed. The TNA logo is still present on the website, and the impactwrestling.com domain name re-directs to tnawrestling.com. If the company can't be certain, how the fuck can they expect the fans to know what's going on?

EDIT: Why the fuck is the UKFF posting each post I make twice?

Keeping the TNA name and changing the show to Impact Wrestling is all a bit bizzarre. If they made the TV shows name non company specific for a reason, such as featuring other companies talent, it would at least make sense. But i dont see TNA being smart enough to see the potential positives of showcasing NJPW, AAA and maybe even ROH talent on their show. Sure they did it with the World X Cup stuff years ago, but they seemed to ditch that idea once they felt they were bigger than that. If TNA really want to be an alternative to WWE, then extending their working relationships with AAA and NJPW could definatly be the way to go.

Archived