TNA: "WRESTLING MATTERS HERE"

Mr. Seven

Christ, what a bunch of miserable, negative smarks you all are.

Every time there's a TNA thread on here, peple criticise them for trying to be too much like WWE, not having a clearly defined identity, etc. etc. Now they decide to make the most telling distinction of all between themselves and their competitor, and everyone whinges about it!

I thought it was a good segment. I liked the passion, I liked the focus on the young, homegrown guys (Roode :wub:), I liked the raw, live feel of it with them all sweating from their matches. TNA's recent direction is different, it's modern, it's not WWE. That's what they NEED to be doing, so thumbs up from me.

It's a simple message. WWE doesn't want to be wrestling any more. We do. If you like wrestling, watch Impact Wrestling from TNA.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah but it's all empty bollocks isn't it?.

They've been saying "We are wrestling" for years now and yet Impact every week is still filled with stuff like 15 minute Karen Jarrett segments, Angelina Love being brainwashed and Ken Anderson moaning like a girl. They want to not be WWE and distance themselves, but can't help but bring them up in at least one promo or segment every show.

They tell us they're an alternative product, and they really really try hard to show it but what is the difference between them? They both have pointless matches that go nowhere, they both have childish and stupid skits, and for every person that moans they're sick of John Cena and Randy Orton taking up all the airtime and title pictures, TNA have what seems like an endless fued between Sting/RVD/Anderson, and push people like AJ and Abyss in and out of the main event whenever they feel like it.

Which angle is that then? I'm referring to the new interview style, the new policy on backstage skits. You're not referring to GTV are you? Completely different, that was "candid cam".

I'm referring to the latest twist in the Angle/Jarrett feud. It's a main event angle for them, and for WWF eleven years ago it was midcard fodder. They can blather on about WRESTLING and THE OTHER COMPANY all they want but they're going to fill their two hour slot with more than just wrestling. There will be lengthy promos and backstage shenanigans just like THE OTHER COMPANY. To pretend otherwise is bullshit pandering and pretty insulting to companies like ROH who have always been about workrate and ringwork.

• Paid Members

I agree that the camera stuff Bischoff has incorporated is an excellent addition but TNA has a lot more issues to sort out first. Like getting me to give a shit about a feud, is a good start. It's sad when the only feud in TNA I have an emotional investment in is Sting v Hulk Hogan, only because of the great work done in another company.

I've only been watching impact for the past 3 weeks, but I think they aren't saying "Hey wwe you have whacky storylines, we are just gonna have wrestling on our shows" I think its more "hey look we aren't ashamed to call ourselves professional wrestling, we have storylines, but as said, they all end up finishing in the ring" kind of thing.

Sure don't get me wrong TNA is full with things all kinds of wrong, but this recent direction isn't one of them and it is a very positive step.

Archived