The Worst of ECW

Cobra1000

I don't know too much about ECW, I was only a WCW/WWF guy at the time and when ECW closed in 2001 I was 14, and I'd heard of them but knew very little. So fast forward to now, I've seen a lot of matches and of course seen The Rise and Fall of ECW.

...but what I want to know is, where is all the crap. For all the awesome storylines, for all the great characters and promos there are bound to be just about as many shit ones. What about the terrible matches too?

So I ask you tell, or show me the worst of ECW. For example was there ever a Shockmaster like entrance? Name the terrible gimmicks and shame the terrible matches and storylines!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Most of Simon Diamond's entourage... Musketeer, Big Dick Hertz etc. Woeful.

I particularly used to hate Axl Rotten who seemed an obnoxious cunt and massive mark for himself.

Most of Sandman's matches were actually pretty hard to watch.

• Paid Members
Brain scrambling metal chairs to the head, ridiculous stunts which resulted in people losing vision and the lack of payment owed to the people who now work in supermarkets and kitchens has to be up there. Oh, and Jeff Jones.

This could be almost any indie organisation from the last 10 years or so. Minus the pay issue it could one of the big leagues as well.

The answer to this question by the way is Tom Marquez

• Paid Members
The answer to this question by the way is Tom Marquez

Don't forget Prodigette. "The Wonder Twins" indeed.

The worst thing for me was Hack Myers. yyyeewwuucckkk He was horrible!

Hated New jack as well for the most part but did get minimal enjoyment seeing him smash toasters and whatnot over peoples heads.

• Paid Members

But... he was "the Shah!"

What the fuck did that even mean, anyway??

Don't forget Davey Morton Tyler Jericho. Wonder whatever happened to that Kid.

Mantaur went there as Bruiser Mastino, that was shit. I've seen him wrestle Hack Myers and El Puerto Ricano in Dec'95. You could watch those matches or shove a razor blade up your arse if you prefer something less painful.

• Paid Members

How about the period where almost every show featured a segment where a singles match would be turned into a wild brawl featuring every midcarder that wasn't already on the show, before New Jack would come out and do the stuff he always does.

I liked The Musketeer. He was Shooter, you know.

• Paid Members

But... he was "the Shah!"

What the fuck did that even mean, anyway??

I think it was something to do with his habit of uttering "shah!" every time he threw a punch, much as Triple H used to often enunciate "doosh!" when clubbing someone. The fans picked up on it and would join in, so they made it part of his wrestling character.

Funnyly enough i just wtach Guilty As Charged 2001 last night, and the segment with Francine, Justin credible and Missy Hyatt had me cringing, Justin isn't getting any of Francines pussy till he wins the ECW belt, so hes fucking Missy hyatt in the toilet....

Archived