The Worst of ECW

Cobra1000

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mother fuckers slag off New Jack I cut you. I cut you deep!

Again, stupid stunts, brain scrambling, all good bits. Shame about lack of payment, but that's really not what the op was asking?

Are you a complete knobhead?

The general consensus among many would be yes, but that may be beside the point.

But yes I enjoyed crazy ass chair shots and new jack flying off shit, I also liked benoit doing flying headbutts off cages, and cactus jake flying off huge cages, and Andre being very tall, and dynamite kid doing crazy bad drop suplex's and piledrivers. And I enjoyed jimmy snuka fly snuka, in between the random whore murders.

I know we're all very advanced now and like to watch pretend fights without anyone getting any damage, and that's lovely and splendid and john cena like and wonderful, and very good and worthy too.

But I liked, and like, the crazy bad shit too.

I'm sorry, should I feel very bad about that? Am I very much inferior to you? One day I'll maybe manage to be as worthy a wrestling fan as you, or maybe just make it to your level of pretentious cuntery, until then I'll just struggle on, if that's ok with you.

Fucking prick.

Bad Crew, the Meanie Babe, Chilly Willy, Thomas 'the Inchworm' Rodman (the bWo's version of Dennis Rodman), Doug Gentry as the New Jersey Devil, J.T.Smith's gimmick of being unable to climb the turnbuckles without falling off, Danny Doring's ridiculously named moveset (G-Spot Sweep, Panty Drop, Wham Bam Thankyou Mam etc), anytime Tod Gordon got physically involved in an angle.

• Paid Members
I always thought ECW was rubbish. Just people swearing and hitting each other with baking trays. And calling women crack hos. Not my idea of wrestling.

Yeah, like those matches between Malenko and Guerrero, or between Super Crazy and Tajiri, or between Jerry Lynn and Rob Van Dam. Just not wrestling.

What is your idea of wrestling? Johnny Saint's slow, methodical exhibitions of technical mastery?

Hack Myers recently came out of the closet.

Gays world wide have been trying their best to put him back in.

He revealed it in his autobiography, Memoirs of a Gay Shah

Okay, that right there is fucking hilarious!

I hated the seeing the downfall of Tammy Sytch in ECW, after leaving the WWF it took her no time at all for her looks to go to shit due to her well documented drug and alcohol use.

90% of the ,atches ecw had were botchfests and pretty awful. take away the guys who could wrestle like Storm, Lynn, Crazy etc and it was a bit dire.

there was some good and bad moments in 95, and 98 was strong to start with an slowly got worse.

i recall a ppv match (n2r 98 i think) which was Spike Dudley vs Mabel and Ulf Herman. Total garbage.

90% of the ,atches ecw had were botchfests and pretty awful. take away the guys who could wrestle like Storm, Lynn, Crazy etc and it was a bit dire.

there was some good and bad moments in 95, and 98 was strong to start with an slowly got worse.

i recall a ppv match (n2r 98 i think) which was Spike Dudley vs Mabel and Ulf Herman. Total garbage.

I think that saying 90% of matches were awful botchfests is pretty harsh. By that standard, on every show you watched you would be likely to get one good match, if you were lucky!

Plus, saying "take away the good wrestlers and it was pretty poor" is defeating the point, surely? If there are "good wrestlers" that you have the option to take away, then there are good wrestlers on display.

I'm not arguing that there was no awful crap - of course there was, but 90% ?

Sorry, can't agree with that at all.

• Paid Members
Danny Doring's ridiculously named moveset (G-Spot Sweep, Panty Drop, Wham Bam Thankyou Mam etc)

I'd second that, there were other's with really bad names for moves but DD was just another level.

Douglas Vs Pitbull who ever at Barely Legal was the shits. I don't think Pitbull remembered a single spot, but even if he had it would have been dire. I guess it was all about the story, but there's points you can feel the audiences disappointment.

98% of what the gangsters did was shit after you see a match or two. It wasn't long before I'd just fast forward everything as I Knew what was going to happen any way and it didn't interest me.

Archived