Wrestlemania 27 DVD Edited

iamgashface

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I know they have probably done it before

Royal Rumble 1992 being the obvious starting point. Personally, I think it should be left in tact so to reflect history. They see it as their "movie" release so see editing to create a better story as being necessary. I don't agree.

• Paid Members

It's not really the fault of the choir for getting booed, it was horrific timing and that they were completely superfluous to begin with, and people saw that.

If Vince could bring in a load of extras to boo and cheer the wrestlers he wants them to boo and cheer without losing money on the live gate, he'd do it in a second. He hates the fact that Cena, in his current guise, will never be universally popular with the WWE fanbase (especially at Wrestlemania), no matter how much money they throw at his entrances.

I know they have probably done it before

Royal Rumble 1992 being the obvious starting point. Personally, I think it should be left in tact so to reflect history. They see it as their "movie" release so see editing to create a better story as being necessary. I don't agree.

The video release of Royal Rumble '92 wasn't edited. It was just the segments on TV afterwards where they piped in cheers for Hogan eliminating Sid and changed the commentary.

It's their way of controlling who people like and don't like when they can't rely on the less intelligent sheep that seem to make up a large proportion of the WWE audience on normal television shows throughout most of the year

The Mania crowd is normally too intelligent to merely cheer and boo who they are supposed to, so they have to do something about it

Not a problem for me. Its their footage and they can do whatever they like with it. They are protectin their top star on the one dvd that will sell event wise so why not? If they wanna edit and stick in mr blobby kickin the shit outa lawler that's their choice as long as it doesn't effect the entertainment value I couldn't care less

It's their way of controlling who people like and don't like when they can't rely on the less intelligent sheep that seem to make up a large proportion of the WWE audience on normal television shows throughout most of the year

The Mania crowd is normally too intelligent to merely cheer and boo who they are supposed to, so they have to do something about it

Why does it make people "less intelligent" because they cheer for Cena?

• Paid Members

not sure about the WWE DVD's, but the UFC DVD's get edited too, obviously they dont take out boo's but they've taken a few replays off there, and the editing of the music is just horrific.

Why does it make people "less intelligent" because they cheer for Cena?

Maybe should have used the word impressionable there - WWE don't want you to like The Miz, so you should boo him. They want you to like John Cena, so you should cheer him. If you disageree with how they want you to react, they'll be edited it to make it appear that you've done so to their agenda - with fake crowd noises being added and in the case of Ryder, signs being confiscated etc

I can understand kids doing it because as a child you will always be impressionable - hence why Cena is so over with that demographic. But the Mania audience is largely more adult, long-serving fans who make their judgements based on who they like and not who they are supposed to like. Hence the booing for Cena

I can understand kids doing it because as a child you will always be impressionable - hence why Cena is so over with that demographic. But the Mania audience is largely more adult, long-serving fans who make their judgements based on who they like and not who they are supposed to like. Hence the booing for Cena

Really? You sure its not just that a proportuion of them (I'm not going to make a generalisation and say all) are being told by different people to like certain people? You know, the ones who read magazines and newsites and are encouraged to think so and so is useless or so and so is brilliant and just follow that like sheep? They're still sheep. Lets not make out that all smart fans make their judgements purely based on their own opinions andn ot some opinions of some 'journalist' somewhere.

Archived