Why did they have to ruin it all?!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

The most obvious change I can think of right now was Lawler's god damn awful new music they rolled out about 2 weeks before WrestleMania but then thankfully ditched the following week. An older example I can think of is the way Orton's character after Evolution canned him went to absolute shit. I also miss Kane's towel

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
When Christian first turned on Edge. The next night he came out with that awesome operatic entrance theme. I'm not sure if it was just the one week or a couple, but really soon they changed it for the worse, keeping the same opening bit, but adding on a generic tune afterwards.

1st one

Pissed me right off at the time.

Still, even the second is way better than the toss he comes out to now.

put me in the "prefer the second" camp.

they sounded rather distinctive, and with the operatic bits, sounded like Queen might have written them.

:confused: I can only assume you have never listened to a Queen LP in your life.

OH come one.. that first version is a blatant rip of Bohemian Rhapsody.

The second version is much better though; much cooler riff.

My shout for this is something that's happened a few times.. when people start cheering a heel, so they turn them but then they change what you liked about the character in the first place. So frustrating! Happened with Cena, happened with Kurt, and to an extent Eddie as well.

• Paid Members

Something really minor, but in 1995 Hitman seemed to ditch his usual choices of "pink top black bottoms" and "black top pink bottoms" in favour of the dull-as-fuck all black attire, only occasionally reverting to anything else. That disappointed me, I mean the "black and black attack" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

• Paid Members
Something really minor, but in 1995 Hitman seemed to ditch his usual choices of "pink top black bottoms" and "black top pink bottoms" in favour of the dull-as-fuck all black attire, only occasionally reverting to anything else. That disappointed me, I mean the "black and black attack" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

He had a shirt with looked like somone spunked over it as well, if I remember.

EDIT:

There you go:

hartluger.jpg

The one that immediately springs to mind is The Original Nexus. When they first debuted and literally tore the ring up, they were looking to be unstoppable and in the making of what could have been one of the greatest angles in the last decade.

And now they pretty much suck and haven't done anything of note for god knows how long :(

• Paid Members
they sounded rather distinctive, and with the operatic bits, sounded like Queen might have written them.

:confused: I can only assume you have never listened to a Queen LP in your life.

You assume wrong. Well, half-wrong - I've never listened to a Queen LP, because I'm not a decrepit old man :p

I can't quite explain it; I should've been clearer, but I suppose the best way to clarify is that, to me, they sound like tracks that would've been written by a heavy rock/metal group who had taken most of their inspiration from Queen, if that makes sense. The first one definitely sounds like it was inspired by the third section of BR, like Chest says. The second one not so much, but still there's something about the chord progression and the melody that just sounds very "Queenish" to me.

• Paid Members

You assume wrong. Well, half-wrong - I've never listened to a Queen LP, because I'm not a decrepit old man :p

I can't quite explain it; I should've been clearer, but I suppose the best way to clarify is that, to me, they sound like tracks that would've been written by a heavy rock/metal group who had taken most of their inspiration from Queen, if that makes sense. The first one definitely sounds like it was inspired by the third section of BR, like Chest says. The second one not so much, but still there's something about the chord progression and the melody that just sounds very "Queenish" to me.

Like butch knocking me for asking for a pint of best wasn't enough of an decrepit old man staple :(

I think I can see what you're getting at, I don't really agree with you but I can see your thinking.

• Paid Members

Like butch knocking me for asking for a pint of best wasn't enough of an decrepit old man staple :(

I think I can see what you're getting at, I don't really agree with you but I can see your thinking.

Sorry, was just going for the cheap shot there. I've got plenty of LPs of stuff like Cream, Rolling Stones, Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, etc.

• Paid Members

Daniels was rubbish, true, and Snitsky - I actually thought the name "Gene" worked with it.

"Lashley" was clearly their attempt to emulate Goldberg again. Always wondered why they didn't do it with Lesnar.

• Paid Members
Sorry, was just going for the cheap shot there. I've got plenty of LPs of stuff like Cream, Rolling Stones, Yes, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, etc.

Well you'd better not play them too loud, you bloody whipper-snapper. :p

Archived