Why did they have to ruin it all?!

IANdrewDiceClay

Daniels was rubbish, true, and Snitsky - I actually thought the name "Gene" worked with it.

"Lashley" was clearly their attempt to emulate Goldberg again. Always wondered why they didn't do it with Lesnar.

Because you couldn't make up a better first name for a wrestler than 'Brock'.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every single time a wrestler gets his first name taken away. It's worked a grand total of twice, and that's because Goldberg and Batista are awesome names. But Snitsky? Lashley? And the worst one, Daniels. Ugh, hate it.

Daniels is definately the worst for that, I didn't mind Lashley tbh, I really like ol' Gene Snitsky as a name, it was eh different at least...but that wasn't his fault.

Even with his comeback Daniels is stil Daniels, ugh.

• Paid Members
Daniels was rubbish, true, and Snitsky - I actually thought the name "Gene" worked with it.

"Lashley" was clearly their attempt to emulate Goldberg again. Always wondered why they didn't do it with Lesnar.

Because you couldn't make up a better first name for a wrestler than 'Brock'.

This. Brock Lesnar is pretty much the coolest name in wrestling. It just sounds badass.

First thing that sprung to mind for me was the Angle/HHH/Stephanie [occassionally Trish] love triangle/quadrangle storyline.

Having a heel Kurt and Stephanie would have been NUCLEAR heat at that time in my opinion. Fans were just BEGGING HHH to turn face, kick Kurts ass and Pedigree his wife.

....and then they went at fucked it all up. :(

• Paid Members
They probably have done it lately and I missed it but the old blue bars steel cage matches, it would make the elimination chamber and hell in a cell look even more unique.

Apparently they got rid of the blue-bar cages because they were simply too dangerous; there's no give in them, so anyone who goes flying into them is going get battered.

• Paid Members
Apparently they got rid of the blue-bar cages because they were simply too dangerous; there's no give in them, so anyone who goes flying into them is going get battered.

Indeed, I think in his shoot interview Michaels said he lobbied for a mesh cage, as the blue bar one was a bastard to work with

Indeed, I think in his shoot interview Michaels said he lobbied for a mesh cage, as the blue bar one was a bastard to work with

Yes, He said there was no work in the old bars.

Probably stupid picks but I hated Rikishi turning into a 'Bad Man' all of a sudden. Just didnt work for me.

And Chavo ditching the Kerwin White gimmick. I can see why they did it but he never clicked with me as just Chavo. Esp when it got to his ECW title reign.

Big Show?! came in a Vince's bodyguard/ monster he looked the part, he was in decent-ish shape not as bad as he'd get and came with a main event rep from wcw.

But a month in he kinda lost direction and if I remember, he wrestled Austin (wasted big ppv match) pissed of the Rock and had a thrown together match with Mankind at mania.

Then he

: Turned face joined The UNION (remember them),

: Turned heel again with Taker a decent team I thot and good feud with Xpac & Kane.

: Turned Face won WWF title then Bossman Feud, lost belt to HHH

: Turned Heel on Rock, had 4way at Mania

: Turned Face did comedy impressionist gimmick

All this in one year was enough to ruin his credability, of course they tried more turns and pushes but mostly it was too late, alot was his fault for being lazy etc over the years and he's had a good run and decent moments (with Lesnar was great imo) but maybe not as good as he should/couldve been.

Archived