Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Devon Malcolm

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Off-Topic Edition!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a43262...es-aged-65.htmlMike Morris has passed away, shame he always seemed a fun bloke in all the archive clips I've seen of him.

Ah fuck, bet Butch is gutted. Morris was one of the Dream Team, after all.

And he was only 65? He seemed much older to me than he really was at the time, then. He seemed a nice chap and it's a shame that he died at a young age.

I actually thought he was a hell of a lot older too. I missed pretty much all of his work sadly, but as I mentioned he's pretty sound in interviews he conducted.

His interviews with Hulk Hogan were always fun, as they pretty much looked identical.

Speaking of comedians (well, on the previous page anyway) I've been given tickets to go and see Kevin Bridges tomorrow night. I have to confess that I've never heard of him, but I don't keep my ear close to the ground in terms of stand up comedy these days. What can I expect from him, meaning what kind of comedy am I walking into? I don't really want to watch any clips of him. SPOILERS!

Broad observational humour. Bridges is great & as a freebie even better! Reviews from this tour have been good, I'm sure you'll have a grand time.

He's a Glaswegian comedian, who does mostly observational stuff relating to Glasgow and his childhood. Being a Glaswegian of around the same age, I can relate to pretty much all the jokes, but I'm not quite sure how it would work in front of an English crowd, or indeed people who didn't grow up in the late 90s, He is very good at what he does though, and always gets a good response from the TV crowds. Maybe they just laugh at the accent, I don't know.

He's a Glaswegian comedian, who does mostly observational stuff relating to Glasgow and his childhood. Being a Glaswegian of around the same age, I can relate to pretty much all the jokes, but I'm not quite sure how it would work in front of an English crowd, or indeed people who didn't grow up in the late 90s, He is very good at what he does though, and always gets a good response from the TV crowds. Maybe they just laugh at the accent, I don't know.

It's his 2nd or 3rd national theatre tour so I'm pretty confident his humour is pretty universal.

I really like Kevin Bridges, actually. I should try and catch one of his shows, though, I only know him from loads of panel shows.

Have you seen much/any of Jim Jefferies stuff Gladstone? I find that a lot of Stanhope fans also like him. They share the same quality of at first seeming overly brash & shocking but underneath there's an honesty & warmth that comes through their material. I think you'd like him.