Rough Pubs

Mr Posh

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're in Peterborough. The very fact that you are anywhere near that general vicinity doesn't make it the least bit surprising that you've probably had a rough night.

You raise a very fair point.

• Paid Members

There's a pub in Hendon in Sunderland (forgot the name of it) and my mate posted on his Facebook status "going down Hendon. Hope I dont get decked for having 'lasses hair'". Later on in the night, he posted again saying "got a good hiding in Hendon earlier on. The lad said something about me having shit hair". I never known of a place so much where you can actually predict the reason and the eventuality of getting a punch before you even go out like that place. There are plenty of rough pubs in Sunderland. Especially in Hendon. Its a shithole (but dont tell anyone from there I said that!)

• Paid Members

Sadly some of my local pubs (before closing down) have become a bit rough.

Although round here it depends what you mean by "Rough". There is a few "Guys will knock you out" pubs, but sadly quite a few have turned into "Used to be allright back in the day, but now you wouldnt want to go within 50ft of the front door because how shit it is in there" sort of pubs, mainly because most places are stupidly down hill, and full of slags.

Because of this, the pubs are now mostly full of knob heads who go out looking for fights. Sadley only a few decent boozers are still going (so far i've found 2 top notch "this is allright" sort of pubs).

Roughest cub I've been to was a placed called "Moon" I think in Glasgow. There was an ambulance parked outside ready for beaten up people to go straight to, I was scanned with a metal detector on the way in, and witnessed about 5 fights. Didn't have any trouble myself though, so it was actually a decent night.

Pubs, I dunno, I've been in a few shit holes, but none I'd consider particularly rough. I think the pubs I go in most in Doncaster (The Great Northern and Coyotes) are considered as fairly rough, so maybe my expectations of what makes a rough pub are a bit high.

Rough Pubs. All Ive got is old information, but the Centre of Gloucester used to be a desolate wasteland on a Satruday night, with a combination of pissed up Rugby lads and any Forces lads on leave going into town purely to ruck. The Golden Cross used to have an assortment of chair legs and bats clipped behind the bar, ready for any kind of trouble and Ive seen a bunch of rugby lads pick up and put a pool table through a window of The Nelson by Gloucester Docks before now as well

Fighting wasnt all that uncommon, but never felt unsafe as it were. Preston is a bit of a wussy city in comparison though it seems to think that it is hard. Dont think Ive seen as little trouble here in years tbh

Archived