Rough Pubs

Mr Posh

• Paid Members
Come on Glads I like your preposterous, bullshit ridden life stories.

Really? I wasn't aware I had ever posted any but I'm happy to be proven wrong when you provide examples.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I was featured on Britain's Toughest Pubs falling over outside the Long Pull in Wrexham. I'm the fucking guru.

Peep Peeps in Aberdeen was on that show. It's not that rough really. It has that reputation because it's at the Docks.

When we went in they had to unlock the toilets for us - they keep them locked to stop the hookers using them!

• Paid Members
I was featured on Britain's Toughest Pubs falling over outside the Long Pull in Wrexham. I'm the fucking guru.

Peep Peeps in Aberdeen was on that show. It's not that rough really. It has that reputation because it's at the Docks.

When we went in they had to unlock the toilets for us - they keep them locked to stop the hookers using them!

:laugh: Wow, a pub i used to go to kept theres locked as for about 6 weeks on the trot, some guy kept goin in and smashing the toilet up. This didnt help when i walked in, a bit drunk, staight into a qubicle ,(as everything else was taken/occupide) only to see that after locking the door, there was nothing in the bloody thing. So i looked a bit silley, stagering out of a empty toilet.

• Paid Members

I work a very short walk from a pub called The Robin Hood were about four or five weeks before I started, a lad got shot dead. I've waited outside it for a lift a couple of times, but never ventured in.

Theres a pub in Sheffield on the Manor with bulletproof windows and customers that have hidden guns under the seats in the past. Think I have seen everything but a shooting to be honest. Seen Gypsys get too big for their boots in the wrong place and ended up being shanked by a hook blade.

Anyway wheres the O.P. with his tale?

I work a very short walk from a pub called The Robin Hood were about four or five weeks before I started, a lad got shot dead. I've waited outside it for a lift a couple of times, but never ventured in.

Is that the Robin Hood in Stretford ? I live not too far away in Urmston but have never been. Apparently it is not too bad, they have new ownership and a new chef. One of the girls I work with used to go in a lot when she was a bit younger and said it was OK.

I think the lad who got shot outside the pub was shot by guys from Ardwick. I don't think they were from around this area.

• Paid Members
Is that the Robin Hood in Stretford ? I live not too far away in Urmston but have never been.

That's the one. Your proximity makes me more grateful still that I didn't contribute to your blackmail thread.

I think the lad who got shot outside the pub was shot by guys from Ardwick. I don't think they were from around this area.

Still, no intention of going anywhere I know is frequented by tooled up guys from Ardwick. They might bring Beswick types with them!

Surely not handsome enough.

• Paid Members
There's a pub in Hendon in Sunderland (forgot the name of it) and my mate posted on his Facebook status "going down Hendon. Hope I dont get decked for having 'lasses hair'". Later on in the night, he posted again saying "got a good hiding in Hendon earlier on. The lad said something about me having shit hair". I never known of a place so much where you can actually predict the reason and the eventuality of getting a punch before you even go out like that place. There are plenty of rough pubs in Sunderland. Especially in Hendon. Its a shithole (but dont tell anyone from there I said that!)

I lived right on the edge of Hendon/Ashbrooke last year. Never plucked up the courage to go for a pint in one of the locals but I used to play football down the Raich Carter a couple of times a week and walking back some nights was like taking a stroll down the Gaza strip. IIRC a few years ago there was a shooting in one of the pubs in Hendon and either 1 or 2 lads got killed. Shithole doesn't even begin to describe that area.

• Moderators

It's certainly a bizarre gait, isn't it? I didn't run into a fucking lamppost like they intimated with the noise as well, I fell over myself. Probably because I'd doing that weird run. It looks like upright Dad Jogging, or the steps prior to a Forsbury Flop.

Archived