WWE Release Thread

Ant

Although not full-proof, in my view a good indicator of the "superstars" that will be future endeavoured in the post WM cull is who isn't on the European tour.

Using Wikipedia's list of current male wrestlers I believe the following are not on the current European tour, so any of them are fair game in my eyes. For the avoidance of doubt I've excluded guys like Undertaker from list - he might not be appearing since Mania, but he's safe as houses, innit.

So any of the following could go in my view, and perhaps a few others (The Uso's and Tyson Kidd probably aren't taking out new mortgages as we speak):

David Hart Smith

David Otunga

Goldust

The Great Khali

Husky Harris

Mark Henry

Mason Ryan

Michael McGillicutty

Michael Tarver

Skip Sheffield

Ted DiBiase

William Regal

Yoshi Tatsu

Zack Ryder

Brodus Clay

Chavo Guerrero

Curt Hawkins

Hornswoggle

JTG

Trent Barreta

Tyler Reks

What do you guys reckon?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

If Zack Ryder goes I will cry myself to sleep. He's popular with the lockerroom so hopefully he is spared. That guy is so much money it's ridiculous. Criminally under-utilised.

Regal ain't going anywhere and if they haven't got rid of Mark Henry by now they never will.

Ted Dibase's dad might spare him the chop but they should get rid of him. JTG, Hawkins, Reks, Chavo and David Hart Smith should definitely be kicked to the curb.

Sure this is 4th time this thread has been done since February, getting huge Deja Vu here. Maybe they'll shock us this year and not have a mass clean out, maybe just cut 2 or 3 guys. Pretty sure Rosa Mendez should be top of that release list imo.

I reckon Chavo is safe, job for life status owing to the Eddy connection methinks.

I agree, as long as Vince is taking care of Vickie, Chavo will probably hang around too.

Vickie gets some of the biggest reactions in wrestling. She's not a charity case. And she uses her real name. If WWE sacked her, TNA would snap her up in a heartbeat, and she might be the one that turns the tide. I don't think there's any "taking care of" needed anymore.

Nobody gives a toss about Chavo, though. He's another one like Scotty, Holly and Venis. Seems like he's got a job for life, but they might get fed up of him eventualy.

I can't see Chavo going anytime soon, I can picture him hanging up the boots in a few years though. He's a good guy to keep around to work with new talent on houseshows, not particularly entertaining for the fans these days though. The lack of exposure so many of the undercarders get really kills the crowd dead at shows when they are pitched against each other. I'd like to see them keep Tyler Reks, he's got a unique look and shouldn't have been fucked off like he has.

Although not full-proof, in my view a good indicator of the "superstars" that will be future endeavoured in the post WM cull is who isn't on the European tour.

Using Wikipedia's list of current male wrestlers I believe the following are not on the current European tour, so any of them are fair game in my eyes. For the avoidance of doubt I've excluded guys like Undertaker from list - he might not be appearing since Mania, but he's safe as houses, innit.

So any of the following could go in my view, and perhaps a few others (The Uso's and Tyson Kidd probably aren't taking out new mortgages as we speak):

Goldust

The Great Khali

Mark Henry

Mason Ryan

Michael McGillicutty

Ted DiBiase

William Regal

Brodus Clay

Chavo Guerrero

Hornswoggle

What do you guys reckon?

Goldust wont leave as he's useful for having good matches with people even if its just on house shows. Khali brings in a LOT of money from India so he's safe. Henry will never be fired for some strange reason. New Nexus are back so those guys are safe. Dibiase will stick around due to his dad. Regal is too reliable for good matches (like goldust, at least at house shows). Brodus has just come in and is rolling with ADR, he's safe. Chavo like everyone says will be safe due to Vicky. And finally Hornswoggle, he's safe due to being popular with kids.

Everyone i didnt include in this list i believe will be gone even though my fingers are crossed that Ryder stays. That man is MONEY!

We should start a petition for WWE NOT to release Ryder. You can see it coming a mile off, but, there is so much love for the guy, hopefully common sense will prevail. Even if he is kept around as a JTTS for a while, then pushed to the moon and headline wrestlemania.

I reckon Chavo is safe, job for life status owing to the Eddy connection methinks.

I agree, as long as Vince is taking care of Vickie, Chavo will probably hang around too.

Vickie gets some of the biggest reactions in wrestling. She's not a charity case. And she uses her real name. If WWE sacked her, TNA would snap her up in a heartbeat, and she might be the one that turns the tide. I don't think there's any "taking care of" needed anymore.

Nobody gives a toss about Chavo, though. He's another one like Scotty, Holly and Venis. Seems like he's got a job for life, but they might get fed up of him eventualy.

Yeah, I meant 'taking care of' in relation to the talk that Vince doesn't pay her much of a wage but sorts out most of her overheads for her. I agree, she's no charity case in front of the camera. I'm just guessing that while Vince is helping her out in her general lifestyle, Chavo is safe.

The people who came to my mind first were - The Uso's, Rosa Mendez, Trent Barreta, JTG, David Hart Smith, Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins. Can't say i'd miss any of them.

I'd be pretty shocked if Regal, Hornswoggle, Henry or Khali were to be released.

Archived