Smackdown

6 Cardiff Motorpoint

7 Birmingham LG

8 Liverpool Echo (TV)

Tickets on sale 20 April.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty awesome. Liverpool getting the TV tapings is big news and I imagine it would be a cracking atmosphere in there since it isn't as big as somewhere like the MEN and will maybe be around 8-9000 once you get all of the TV equipment in there.

I'm tempted to try and get tickets for that, which would be my first WWE show and also my first event inside the Echo (I've performed a few times for the opening and Capital of Culture etc. but never watched something in the audience). Being in uni makes it a bit tricky and since I'd be coming home, I'd probably want to sleep in my own bed, which would then mean an early train the next morning if I had lectures then or something. Fingers crossed I have a reading week then.

But then the Sheffield show on the Sunday is just as tempting because I could make a weekend of it and see some friends who are living there...

• Paid Members

liverpool is way, way too small an arena for tv. makes no sense. from what i understand birmingham, sheffield, newcastle, nottingham and even belfast are all bigger (i may be wrong on this)

should have been birmingham or sheffield in terms of capacity and hence gate money

That's pretty awesome. Liverpool getting the TV tapings is big news and I imagine it would be a cracking atmosphere in there since it isn't as big as somewhere like the MEN and will maybe be around 8-9000 once you get all of the TV equipment in there.

I'm tempted to try and get tickets for that, which would be my first WWE show and also my first event inside the Echo (I've performed a few times for the opening and Capital of Culture etc. but never watched something in the audience). Being in uni makes it a bit tricky and since I'd be coming home, I'd probably want to sleep in my own bed, which would then mean an early train the next morning if I had lectures then or something. Fingers crossed I have a reading week then.

But then the Sheffield show on the Sunday is just as tempting because I could make a weekend of it and see some friends who are living there...

id recommend going mate, this mondays show will be my fifth straight one. its a brilliant atmosphere and i would imagine with the cameras there it would be even better

Oh dear, guess its 2015 after all lol.

Midlands gets shafted again, namely brum, I was only interested where the tv show would be, staying in a hotel aint really worth it, a SD! house show doesnt sound too great either, given how the current roster is, e.g BigShow vs Kane in the main event, no thanks.

Shame really about Brum, but the rest of you near Liverpool should enjoy it.

Oh great, was gonna go to the RAW and SD! tapings this time but don't fancy going to Liverpool at all, will wait till next April I guess.

Notts has RAW again for what feels like the 50th time in a row, and that can't be the complete listing for SmackDown can it? They're hardly doing anything.

that can't be the complete listing for SmackDown can it? They're hardly doing anything.

They've been doing it awhile now, one of the brands only does about 3 shows while the other brand does 7 or 8 - I think its due to them doing shows in other European Countries whilst the other brand is touring the UK.

Can't wait for the Liverpool shows if this is legit. I went to my first taping in Manchester last year as well as a houseshow in Liverpool when I could have gone to both tapings really. Will be a good couple of days going to two televised shows and a great opportunity to the see the whole roster on the cheap as there wont be any travel expenses!

Songs to listen to en route to the tapings -

Sgt. Slaughter's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The Ballad Of John And Yokozuna

Maxwell's Silver Hammer Valentine

Hey British Bulldog

Lucy In The Sky With Diamond Dallas Page

The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill DeMott

Sgt. Slaughter's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

liverpool is way, way too small an arena for tv. makes no sense. from what i understand birmingham, sheffield, newcastle, nottingham and even belfast are all bigger (i may be wrong on this)

should have been birmingham or sheffield in terms of capacity and hence gate money

The arenas are only usually just over half full for Smackdown anyway, so I think it makes sense to have it in a smaller venue.

• Paid Members
Songs to listen to en route to the tapings -

Sgt. Slaughter's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The Ballad Of John And Yokozuna

Maxwell's Silver Hammer Valentine

Hey British Bulldog

Lucy In The Sky With Diamond Dallas Page

The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill DeMott

Sgt. Slaughter's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

** 1/4

Archived