Recommend me an Electrical Shaver!

Murtz

• Paid Members

Right... I've been sporting lined goatee for years now, using a Wahl Detailer. Recently I've started to do a clean shave with the trimmer, and it leaves a nice shadow look (level zero on the trimmer to be precise).

These trimmers are now broken, so Im looking for an electrical shaver to replace it. I dont want it to give me a razor style clean shave, but want it to be close as possible.

Any suggestions? Im not really fussed on whether its foil or rotary (dont know the pros and cons of either to be honest)

• 1 year later...

I periodically buy a "beard trimmer" and then throw it away within a few months as they are always shite, and never trim as close on 0 as my Babyliss hair clippers.

If anyone can find a genuinely decent beard trimmer that gives you a close-ish shave on 0, then I'm interested.

• Paid Members
Philishave triple head jobs are good for shaving down stubble, but you can't use them on anything longer than that. My dad swears by them, but I find that they pull a bit.

Oh absolutely, the actually shavers are a nightmare for long hair. I have a Phillips shaver and trimmer, and if my facial hear gets to a certain length I have to trim it before I use the shaver- otherwise it pulls on the hair like a mother. But the trimmers regardless are good for keeping a designer stubble look.

Archived