Wrestling submissions in real fights

Angle_fan

I was just wondering about what everyone here thought about the above title. I have used the ankle lock a few times with success but it's no good if other people interrupt after. What does everybody think about submissions? I'm particulalry interested in Dos Caras jnr's/Alberto Del rios cross armbar/breaker. Along with the triangle choke and Undertakers "gogoplata"

In younger days I also managed to successfully appply the cross-face chicken wing to a degree of sucess of as well. One of my all time favourite holds.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I'm going to sit back for the "This lad bullied me in school but then I put him the sharpshooter and he shit his pants and his girlfriend who I always fancied but couldn't attain laughed at him and came home with me" posts.

• Paid Members

I once got into a brawl outside a bar when 4 guys jumped me. After they kicked me around for a few minutes, the picked me up and one guy held my arms behind my back while the other wound up a huge haymaker. I managed to duck, and he clocked his mate. I charged at the other two, nailed them with a double clothesline. Turned back to the guy who just punched his mate, started punching him in the face. He wasnt even getting a block in. I had him backed up into a corner, I kept laying punches on him, then I reached back with one, spit on my hand and slapped him as hard as I could. I turned around just in time to see one of the others charging towards me, about to give me a clothesline, I ducked underneath and he crushed his friend in the corner. After ducking, I kept moving forward and speared another goon. Turned around to face the guy who crushed his mate in the corner, and caught him with a picture perfect Rock Bottom. Then, the guy who was originally holding my arms, but got punched by his mate, was slowly making his way back to his feet, with his back to me. I started slithering around on the ground behind him, stalking my prey. I was so pumped up, I started tp punch the ground as hard as I could, the voices in my head were telling me to strike, he turned around and - BANG - RKO. Then I slapped an ankle lock on one of them and it took 6 police officers to get me to release the hold.

I once got into a brawl outside a bar when 4 guys jumped me. After they kicked me around for a few minutes, the picked me up and one guy held my arms behind my back while the other wound up a huge haymaker. I managed to duck, and he clocked his mate. I charged at the other two, nailed them with a double clothesline. Turned back to the guy who just punched his mate, started punching him in the face. He wasnt even getting a block in. I had him backed up into a corner, I kept laying punches on him, then I reached back with one, spit on my hand and slapped him as hard as I could. I turned around just in time to see one of the others charging towards me, about to give me a clothesline, I ducked underneath and he crushed his friend in the corner. After ducking, I kept moving forward and speared another goon. Turned around to face the guy who crushed his mate in the corner, and caught him with a picture perfect Rock Bottom. Then, the guy who was originally holding my arms, but got punched by his mate, was slowly making his way back to his feet, with his back to me. I started slithering around on the ground behind him, stalking my prey. I was so pumped up, I started tp punch the ground as hard as I could, the voices in my head were telling me to strike, he turned around and - BANG - RKO. Then I slapped an ankle lock on one of them and it took 6 police officers to get me to release the hold.

I'd love that story to be true :laugh:

• Paid Members

I can't believe an actual ankle lock would work in a fight - the guy's got far too much freedom to move. If you're talking about that legbar version Kurt does, maybe.

I've seen bouncers and police use the old hammerlock, and sometimes a full-nelson, but I can't imagine there are many submissions you could pull out of the blue in real fights unless you trained in MMA, and even then I'd say you'd be more likely to bust out the strikes.

Was that before or after I jumped off a nearby wall with a picture-perfect elbow drop?

• Paid Members

I was fighting this lad once, outside ASDA. Halfway through the fight, I got him in a sleeperhold and as he was almost unconscious, he raised a single index finger in the air and elbowed me once in the stomach. I kept the hold on. He elbowed me again and I loosened my grip slightly. He did it a third time, and I had to release the sleeper. He ran toward me and being the smart fighter I am, I raised a knee to his gut, sending him over into a somersault. I then picked him up, but out of the corner of my eye, his lass started flaunting herself and I got distracted. I went over and I began saying charming things that usually work with the girls like "yeah, you want a piece of this baby!" As I was doing this, she slid her purse into the bloke and he smacked me upside the head with it. Even though it looked like it didnt have anything other than lipstick and a lottery ticket in it, it hurt like I'd been smacked by half a brick or something. As I lay out cold on the floor, apparently he'd put me in a Tongan Death Grip. They then Fargo Strutted out of the ASDA's carpark.

No Ian, I just refused to let go until it was blatantly obvious that they were in extreme agony. I genuiely believe that it can be sucessfully used against most peple. It'd be the first thing i'd go for if was jumped 1 on 1 in a back alley.

Tell us more about these fights that you have been in where you ended up using the ankle lock?

Once in back alley outside my local and another in a nightclub. Both got stopped by being stomped on the face by other people. (going back a while here)

Rip away...................

I remember reading something years ago where a guy claimed to have used a Van Daminator in a fight. Honestly, if that actually worked I would shit a kettle.

Perhaps a dragon sleeper might work? Even better if you scissor your legs around the other guy's body.

• Moderators
I was fighting this lad once, outside ASDA. Halfway through the fight, I got him in a sleeperhold and as he was almost unconscious, he raised a single index finger in the air and elbowed me once in the stomach. I kept the hold on. He elbowed me again and I loosened my grip slightly. He did it a third time, and I had to release the sleeper. He ran toward me and being the smart fighter I am, I raised a knee to his gut, sending him over into a somersault. I then picked him up, but out of the corner of my eye, his lass started flaunting herself and I got distracted. I went over and I began saying charming things that usually work with the girls like "yeah, you want a piece of this baby!" As I was doing this, she slid her purse into the bloke and he smacked me upside the head with it. Even though it looked like it didnt have anything other than lipstick and a lottery ticket in it, it hurt like I'd been smacked by half a brick or something. As I lay out cold on the floor, apparently he'd put me in a Tongan Death Grip. They then Fargo Strutted out of the ASDA's carpark.

Fucking lovely. Did they tag the fences and pretend they were fans hands?

Archived