Wrestling submissions in real fights

Angle_fan

• Paid Members

Never used a submission in a fight, although over ten years ago I did successfully use a DDT and Death Valley Driver in two seperate fights. Both worked quite well, although they were done on a field so there wasn't any excessive damage done to the persons involved.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Never used a submission in a fight, although over ten years ago I did successfully use a DDT and Death Valley Driver in two seperate fights. Both worked quite well, although they were done on a field so there wasn't any excessive damage done to the persons involved.

Death valley driver...............LMAO i dont know which bit to laugh at more that, or the fact that "no excessive damage done" What you drop him on a crash mat?

A front face lock count? If so then im claiming to have ended a fight with a wrestling hold. After he was out i hit the randy savage elbow, stuffed

The full nelson is a bastard. There's 4 years between my big brother and myself and when we were little 'uns we would wrestle all the time. I say wrestle, he'd beat the shite out of me and I'd keep going back for more would be more accurate. Every single time he'd put me in a full nelson and I could never get out of it. The big arsehole wouldn't let me go until he could see tears.

Torture Rack. Pure fucking hell. He's 6 years on me my big brother. He had pubes, I was 7. I used to cry like a fucker.

This. I had been giving it my all through the fight. Me and this other lad had been going punch-for-punch for a good five minutes and I knew I had to muster up some hidden strength otherwise I was going down. I somehow got him in the torture rack position, he was in agony but too much pride was on the line and he refused to give up. I then modified it into a burning hammer. How the fuck that didn't keep him down I've no idea.

He kicked out a whisper before the 2-count. The next thing I remember I woke up next to a warped folding metal chair, to see that the lad I was fighting and everyone who was watching had disappeared.

True story.

• Moderators

I was getting the better of some lads who jumped me outside the local Chinese, when the owner came and threw salt in my eyes. Luckily I had the foresight to duck and my assailants were blinded. Forever.

Another time I got into an argument with this black lad over which was better, Fresh Fields or French Fields, and things escalated over French Fields' exclusion of that woman who'd come in the back door and annoy Anton Rogers by going "It's only me, Sonia!" so I headbutted him. He just stood there, while I dropped into a coma that lasted all summer.

Saw a fight once where a guy, after knocking down his opponent, dropped an Earthquake style vertical splash.

His opponent bit his balls.

Was never really a fighter, so didn't get into many scrapes, but beyond a front-face lock I can't think of any that'll be useful.

Be silly to break out a DDT from it, though.

I remember reading something years ago where a guy claimed to have used a Van Daminator in a fight. Honestly, if that actually worked I would shit a kettle.

Perhaps a dragon sleeper might work? Even better if you scissor your legs around the other guy's body.

When I trained in Jeet Kune Do a few years back, they taught us how to apply a dragon sleeper in a fight situation (of course, they didn't call it a dragon sleeper, and in my head I was calling it the 'Taking Care of Business'). Funnily enough, it basically involved reaching your hands around the other bloke's neck in a stunner/RKO set-up, and then quickly shifting your body so that you're behind him and manouevering his head/neck round beneath your armpit at the same time. From then, you lower him down across your knee and either chop the throat or, if you don't fancy a murder trial, hold on to the sleeper.

I can't say I've ever tried this in a real fight - I haven't been in one for more than a decade - but it's pretty quick and straightforward to apply once you got used to the grip and shifting your weight.

When I was a lot heavier I got into a fight with a smaller lad who was pissing me off, after pushing him to the ground I just sat on the fucker's ribs like Yokozuna with my arms crossed until he begged me to get off as he 'couldn't breathe'. The only thing missing was a Japanese friend (I didnt have any) waving a large flag.

Yokozuna_-_Rodney_Anoia_08.jpg

• Paid Members

genuinly pulled off an enzuguri kick once as the guy actually caught my leg and was going to pull me down with it but I was hammered and took a chance. Knocked him down then his mate pearl harboured me from behind. He didn't throw salt luckily.

I'm still kinda chuffed I did an enzuguri in a fight. Owen would have been proud.

• Paid Members
No Ian, I just refused to let go until it was blatantly obvious that they were in extreme agony. I genuiely believe that it can be sucessfully used against most peple. It'd be the first thing i'd go for if was jumped 1 on 1 in a back alley.

The first thing I'd go for is some kind of weapon, a chair or sledgehammer perhaps. Unless it's up on a pole, then I have to wear him down a bit first.

I made a lad submit to a drop-toehold once at middle school. Pussy.

And my brother made me sick by putting me in a camel clutch and squashing my stomach between his arse and the lawn.

The ankle lock just makes your hands really muddy from their shoes though. :(

• Paid Members
Not trying to sound big headed but an ankle lock can work if you hold on enough (pit bull like) I'm less than 9 stone and have used it successsfully on people 50% heavier than me (here comes the flaming.............)

I weigh 14 and half stone, I go to the gym regulary. I would bet my fucking house that you could not apply an ankle lock to me in a legit fight. You would look like a complete twat trying to hump my leg, you penis.

No Ian, I just refused to let go until it was blatantly obvious that they were in extreme agony. I genuiely believe that it can be sucessfully used against most peple. It'd be the first thing i'd go for if was jumped 1 on 1 in a back alley.

Do you know what a real fight is? I have probably been in 30-40 fight's somewhere around there. In a fight you attempt to punch the other man in the head till he cannot get up or says he has had enough. I have beaten up four guys who have jumped me I have been beaten up by a guy who weighed 8 stone soaking wet. When you actually get in a real fight you tend to stand toe to toe and punch and kick the fuck out of the other bloke. If someone ever tried to grab my leg I would kick them. Usually the only reason I would be on the floor is the other guy has punched me to it. He wouldn't quickly switch to my leg and look like a spastic trying to apply an ankle lock he would just continue to mash my face till I give up.

Yeah I reckon the dragon sleeper as you described could be do-able in a 1 on 1 situation

The most technical thing you could do in a real fight is a front facelock/headlock. The only reason you would do this is so you could gain more advantage while punching the guy in the head. Real fights with real people involve punching and kicking the other guy in the head. I woudn't bust out a german suplex or suplex or a high knee. In a fight it's hand to hand combat till someone quits not 3, 5 minute rounds and taking breaks at the end of each to get cleaned up.

Where's the bollocks in this thread, I apologise for being open about using a submission or two in a real situation. I just wanted to get some other opinions that's all. I'm not going to be challenging for the UFC title any time soon!

You weigh under 9 stone applying an ankle lock to your sister while she is sleeping does not mean you have won a fight.

Archived