Wrestling submissions in real fights

Angle_fan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What's the name of this move? Your opponent has his back to you, you grab his head and pull him down. He wallops his brains off the ground and you land on your belly. Sort of like a reverse X-factor. I'm sure I've seen Edge or Christian do this.

Sounds more like Jericho's Flashback. Edge does the Edge-o-matic, where he sits out as if for an X-Factor.

• Paid Members
It was Billy Gunn's finisher for a bit as well, back when God gave it all to him.

Slightly different, IIRC - put them in a cobra clutch, then picked them to slam them down, like DiBiase's current finish (Dream Street, was it?). Jericho just put them in a sleeper and dropped.

• Paid Members

I've broken bones, seperated shoulders,

Damn near broke my back,

but I still GOT UP.

IP7AIzuplvKN6dM.jpg

Try lacing my boots.

You're a pussy if you need to rely on a submission to finish a fight. Everytime somebody starts on me I give em a few chops across the chest to a chorus of Wooo's, before spinning em round and raking the back. That works 90% of the time, but if they're still standing I bust out a reverse hurricanrana, dumping them right on their skull. That has never, ever failed. I've been in 100s of fights against woman-beaters and pub nutcases and have not once had to resort to a submission. Man up you cowards.

• Awards Moderator
It was Billy Gunn's finisher for a bit as well, back when God gave it all to him.

Slightly different, IIRC - put them in a cobra clutch, then picked them to slam them down, like DiBiase's current finish (Dream Street, was it?). Jericho just put them in a sleeper and dropped.

. He turns with it in the one on this video, like DiBiase and Dream Street, but usually he'd just go straight forward rather than twisting himself.

Always a fun move when he hit it on X Division guys in TNA. Petey Williams took it almost as OTT as Noble in the video.

Front facelocks and Guillotines are the way to go in street fights. If they don't know how to defend them it's very quickly sleepytime. It also has the advantage of not having to go to the floor and get stomped on.

My first ever MMA lesson was how to counter one of those.

I always find a figure four leg lock is a handy one to use when there is trouble in the pub. If some bastard knocks some ale from my glass for example, I'll have no qualms in chopping him to the ground and then slapping it on. Extra marks are obviously awarded if you can shout "wooooo" while applying it or you are bleeding profoundly from the face at the time

Archived