Wrestling Observer 5 star matches

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's clearly unfairly biased against the WWF based on that. Savage/Steamboat, Rumble 1992, Bret/Owen WM, Hogan/Warrior, Warrior/Savage, HBK/Taker (probably both WM matches) to name but a few were about as good as it got.

I would possibly even argue that matches like Cactus/HHH were deserving of top marks.

I still have no idea how Joe/Kobashi can be considered a five star match.

Well I suppose if you like chops. :laugh:

350+ chops I'll add! or something around that figure anyhow!

I loved that match, I'd class it 5*****. Feels like there is a hell of alot WWF/E stuff missing from that list mind as it has been already mentioned above. Wheres the love!?

• Paid Members

If that match isnt a five star match, then no WWE match will ever get five stars ever again. The main event of WrestleMania XX should have been a five star match as well. CM Punk vs Samoa Joe is a five star match though. Which is says a lot for these five star ratings.

• Paid Members
If that match isnt a five star match, then no WWE match will ever get five stars ever again. The main event of WrestleMania XX should have been a five star match as well. CM Punk vs Samoa Joe is a five star match though. Which is says a lot for these five star ratings.

Punk's about my favourite thing in wrestling but he's never had a 5 star match and I'm not sure he ever will.

It's completely subjective, which is why it's so stupid. I could pick a handful of WWE matches from the past few years I would consider 5 star matches, the obvious one being Taker/HBK 1. He clearly loves his spotfests, as do I most of the time, but for the people who hate them or the ROH style then it's a completely pointless rating system.

Another thing that's always pissed me off about the 5 star system is when fractions are added. Why not just mark each match out of 20 stars instead?

• Paid Members

I saw that 6 man tag match from ROH a couple of years ago. As a gymnastics display it was fine. As a wrestling match it's one of the stupidest you could ever ask to see.

• Paid Members

They all shook each others hands afterwards and they were all shitting smiles as they trotted off back to the locker room. You'd have thought they'd just had a go on the bouncy castle with their daughters, instead of having wrestled for 15 minutes landing on their heads and taking foot stomps to the face.

Archived