UFC Fight Night: Nogueira vs Davis Discussion thread

David

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What time will this start tonight what with the clocks going forward? Will it be 3am our time once the clocks have gone forward..or 4am our time once theyre forward because that would be 3am in reality compared to US time? :confused:

• Paid Members
264212714.jpg

I just became a huge Dan Hardy fan :D

9 fights broadcast for a Fight Night, crazy stuff, and I love it. Been looking forward to this card for a while. :)

Thats amazing.

I'm a big Dan Hardy fan and i'm really hoping he can pull a win off, problem is Hardy sometimes can catch people with a nice shot like he did vs Swick but he never followed up and still only managed to win via points, everything about his game plan is for a guy with KO power and Dan is yet to show us any KO power in UFC. I really hope his last loss has made him look at himself and change allot of his gameplan.

• Paid Members
Dan is yet to show us any KO power in UFC.

:confused: Markham?

Yeah he dropped Markham but I would say it was down to placement and the way Markham moved into the shot then raw power. I just think he has a lack of real power like a Paul Daley or a Rampage does, even tho his fight style is very much the same. Hardy hit's people with shots that would rock guys normally but its not the case. Add this to the fact he seem's very slow in following up on someone, I hope he changes up allot of his style after his last loss.

I just think he has a lack of real power like a Paul Daley or a Rampage does, even tho his fight style is very much the same. Hardy hit's people with shots that would rock guys normally but its not the case. Add this to the fact he seem's very slow in following up on someone, I hope he changes up allot of his style after his last loss.

He may not hit as hard as Daley or Jackson (not many people do), but he's a technical striker of the highest order. An absolute pleasure to watch for those who appreciate excellent technique.

• Paid Members
I just think he has a lack of real power like a Paul Daley or a Rampage does, even tho his fight style is very much the same. Hardy hit's people with shots that would rock guys normally but its not the case. Add this to the fact he seem's very slow in following up on someone, I hope he changes up allot of his style after his last loss.

He may not hit as hard as Daley or Jackson (not many people do), but he's a technical striker of the highest order. An absolute pleasure to watch for those who appreciate excellent technique.

Yeah I get that and I do appreciate what he does at thins point. My problem is that I want him to do better, he was rushed into a match vs GSP and lost without ever really scaring the champ, then he came out and got Ko'ed very bad in his next match. If he wants to ever hold the title he will have to change his style and not just try to out counter punch guys only to win on points. If Hardy got in the ring with Kos or Finch we know what would happen, I just hope he is getting better and not hoping on doing the same thing every match. I'm hoping he can take what he has to the next level and maybe change his style much the same as how Chuck used to fight.

• Paid Members

Yeah I'd give Hardy an edge in technical striking over Johnson to be fair. But Rumble's fast and he hits so fuckin hard for 170, he's carrying heavyweight power in his hands. Hardy has a good chin but it's not Rumble proof imo.

I am rooting for The Outlaw though, he's always fun to watch in and out of the cage.

• Paid Members
Can anyone tell me what time the Facebook fights start tonight please?

I've tried to work this out as best I can

I think...think it's 11.30pm. It's starting in the US at 7.30pm ET which is 11.30 here as far as I can make out but with our clocks going forward it might be an hour off give or take :confused:

Best thing to do is have a check at 10.30 just incase if not it's 11.30pm.

Okay dunno if any of that made sense. 11.30pm I think :D

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was 10.30 or 11.30 so I thought i'd just ask instead!

I'm looking forward to the show tonight, lots of interesting fights. From the main card i'm picking Davis, Johnson, Sadollah and Zombie. I think Hathaway should win fairly easily, I've never been impressed by McCray to be honest.

Archived