Hakushi - homeless after tsunami

Jetta's G-string

• Paid Members

Was watching some Hakushi recently, not seen that Undie match though, looking forward to watching that.

will he still be at king of trios

I hope you're made homeless you total cretin.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The tats weren't real.

The idea was that he was some kind of monk - Shinto, I guess. He didn't exactly no-sell stuff like classic Undertaker, but there was an element of that in the gimmick. The whole gimmick was a lot more than just him being a wrestler with another job, like an IRS or something. There was always a sense that his religious side gave him other-worldly powers, which is why his movements were always so deliberate and his style was often so different from the other MPW guys.

I'm sure BombCar can say more, but I think the name has some relevance too. If I remember it right, "Jinsei" means something like "soul' or "spirit".

'twas a Buddhist monk gimmick. Most of his signature moves are named after Japanese Tendai or Zen Buddhist religious expressions - his "Nenbutsu" powerbomb and diving headbutt ("nenbutsu"="praying to Buddha"), "gokuraku-gatame" ("gokuraku"=lit. "the most extreme joy", coming from the Buddhist belief that release from life is the greatest joy or pleasure a soul can experience), "Mandara Hineri" ("Mandala Twist"), and the "Muken" suplex (short for "Muken Jigoku"="Hell Without Respite/Pause").

The name "Hakushi" literally means "white warrior", which, IIRC, Muta reflected as "Kokushi" meaning "black warrior". And "Jinsei" means "spirit/soul of humanity" (in this case, "humanity" means "human duty").

There's a lot of talk about Shinzaki utilizing a slower, more power-based heavyweight style in comparison to Sasuke and other cruiserweights contemporaries but lest not forget that Shinzaki could wrestle that style and fuckin' go at a pace of 500 miles an hour if he wanted too. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe one of the first moves on WWF TV was Sasuke's Space Tiger Flying Drop, which, at the time, was a spectacular move to pull out of the hat.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe one of the first moves on WWF TV was Sasuke's Space Tiger Flying Drop, which, at the time, was a spectacular move to pull out of the hat.

I remember seeing him do that against 123 Kid in their SummerSlam match and was amazed.

Not sure why you felt the need to add "at the time" in that sentence though.

Pretty sure I would still be as impressed if I saw someone do it today!

will he still be at king of trios

I hope you're made homeless you total cretin.

Playing devil's advocate: if he is single and has no other mouths to feed, it's not all that unlikely that he could still fly over for a payday or two, then return with a bit of extra cash to sort out a new place to stay.

• Paid Members
Wonder why he never returned to WWE, and would he be past it now or out of touch?

Or does he prefer not to be treated like a foreign numpty?

I loved Hakushi but his face turn was about as good as Kamala's...

Wasn't he mates with Barry Horowitz for a bit? Hardly a sure sign of success!

He turned face after he caused Skip to lose to Horowitz. Sunny kicked his ass and he became tag partners with Horowitz

Jinsei Shinzaki, class act.

An update on Jinsei Shinzaki. He has two ramen noodle restaurants in Sendai, which is near the epicenter of the earthquake. Both were damaged but they are both back operational. He is not living in his car, although he sort of has been. He

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

Seeing he's been announced for 4FW today brought back a lot of memories about last year and the situation that he and many others found themselves in. I still remember just how strong the feeling was at the NOAH shows to help out and give money to the cause.

Glad to see he's somewhat back on his feet and ready to travel to the UK, hope to be able to get a chance to meet him he's a true inspiration for coming back so strongly from everything that went on for him.

Archived