Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Paid Members
I think bringing Paul E to replace Hogan/Bischoff (if both of them go) is a good shout as long as they don't leave him in charge of the money

Such a simple smart arse comment to make. Hogan and Bischoff have nothing to do with Heyman's position if he were to join. If Hogan and Bischoff leaves, guess what happens? Nothing. They lose two onscreen characters, but nothing will change. Same old TNA. Same buyrates. Same ratings. Same storylines. Bischoff contributes an idea or two involving himself and deals in the production side and Hogan turns up when he wants to collect his money. This pair have NO say when it comes to promoting events, writing two hour stories, developing characters or anything like that. Hogan and Bischoff have real things to do outside TNA. TNA is Carter ran, Borash and Jarrett promoted and Russo written. As soon as Bischoff and Hogan realised they werent going to get what they wanted, they both went on autopilot. Heyman wouldnt change anything. The shows might be better, but since when has good television equaled good business when Heyman's booked? Its a damaged brand. They are capable of putting on some good shows, but a lot of the audience doesnt want to know.

That's what it comes down to. It will take years of solid programming to turn TNA around, similar to WWF when Nitro was killing them.

I really hope Hogan isn't taking bumps at BFG. He probably has a couple left in him and it's best to do it in some sort of massive match at 'Mania.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think bringing Paul E to replace Hogan/Bischoff (if both of them go) is a good shout as long as they don't leave him in charge of the money

Such a simple smart arse comment to make. Hogan and Bischoff have nothing to do with Heyman's position if he were to join. If Hogan and Bischoff leaves, guess what happens? Nothing. They lose two onscreen characters, but nothing will change. Same old TNA. Same buyrates. Same ratings. Same storylines. Bischoff contributes an idea or two involving himself and deals in the production side and Hogan turns up when he wants to collect his money. This pair have NO say when it comes to promoting events, writing two hour stories, developing characters or anything like that. Hogan and Bischoff have real things to do outside TNA. TNA is Carter ran, Borash and Jarrett promoted and Russo written. As soon as Bischoff and Hogan realised they werent going to get what they wanted, they both went on autopilot. Heyman wouldnt change anything. The shows might be better, but since when has good television equaled good business when Heyman's booked? Its a damaged brand. They are capable of putting on some good shows, but a lot of the audience doesnt want to know.

I disagree slightly, in that if they were to give Heyman the control he's always said he wants, over time it could make a difference. I still rate Heyman's booking skills, and his ability to bring out the best in talent - and TNA undoubtedly has talent! I think he'd build well towards PPVs, and make the whole shebang make a lot more sense.

Hogan and Bischoff are off soon anyway, so once they're gone Dixie should take a flier on the sweaty one. He wants things like shares - well, that's called putting your money where your mouth is IMO.

• Paid Members

Its not Hogan and Bischoff they have to get rid of to bring Heyman in. They'd need to get rid off Russo writing the telvision and Carter would have to give up control of hiring the talent. The booker should always pick his roster. I doubt either one of those things will ever happen. Heyman said she doesnt want to fire anyone. I think that ships long since sailed.

• Paid Members

Must say, I've never been a big fan of Daniels and before last night I'd rather not see another Daniels and AJ match in my life, but that angle they did was fucking excellent. Daniels was ... actually ... cant believe I'm going to say it ... good! Fair play to TNA I suppose. RVD and Lynn and Daniels and AJ were two matches I didnt think I needed to see ever again. But I'm looking forward to both matches.

• Paid Members
What's this forum's obsession with having 'official' threads and keeping everything in that one thread? Look at the sub title to the thread - Raw gets specific threads so why not iMPACT?

Thats because tna is deemed worse than shit here. While the mighty wwe can do no wrong. Baiting finshed. O wait cena is shit and cant wrestle. Done

• Paid Members
What's this forum's obsession with having 'official' threads and keeping everything in that one thread? Look at the sub title to the thread - Raw gets specific threads so why not iMPACT?

Someone started this, fuck all to do with "the forum".

• Paid Members

Its all a lie the forum is like the network trying to keep tna down. Wait that was ecw in 2000.

Its all a lie the forum is like the network trying to keep tna down. Wait that was ecw in 2000.

It's a Conspiracy !

Really, really enjoyable show this week.

I don't care too much about Sting/Hogan, but it'll be interesting to see where its heading storyline-wise.

I hope they're building to something with Jeff Hardy, I also hope that Hardy genuinely has turned his life around and has finally got his shit together. I get the impression that a lot of the bollockings he's received from the various wrestlers over the last two weeks have been pretty honest.

James/Tessmacher was good despite the little mistake near the end. I really like Karen Jarrett being in charge of the Knockouts, it's an interesting little story because on one hand you have Karen doing good work like revamping the Knockout dressing room and trying to inject some class into the women, then you have Karen playing the dickish heel and playing the faces off against each other.

Jesse Sorenson could be a great talent someday, he made a few mistakes with Aries but instead of getting flustered he persevered like a pro and ended up having a great little match. The Kid Kash interference was expected but I like the respect angle they're going with.

Ink Inc fighting Mexican America in the tattoo parlor was silly, especially when a heavily tattooed Anarquia claimed to be scared of needles. Come on, someone with that many tattoo's obviously isn't "scared of needles". Ink Inc are back, which is good because the tag team division is getting a bit stale. TNA need to invest some time in developing home grown tag team talent in the same way they did with Beer Money and MCMG.

The angle with Daniels and AJ was really well done. Daniels has switched from face to heel so many times that I've lost count, but this storyline is believable so I like it.

Anderson's match with Bully Ray and Jerry Lynn was significantly improved by RVD not turning up, I usually don't watch Anderson's matches because I find him a bit boring but this was really good, Anderson busted out a few of his older moves (the Kenton Bomb and the Rolling Fireman's Carry) and hit a wicked enzuigiri. Bully Ray continues to be the best heel in the business.

I need to see more light shed on Scott Steiner's new role as Kurt Angle's personal trainer, it's a well known fact that Angle is ultra-competitive and I think that watching Angle training with someone with Steiner's background would be really entertaining.

If James Storm was being tested against Kurt Angle then I believe he proved beyond a doubt that he can hang with the top dogs, the screwy ending was inevitable but the crowd were mental for Storm. If I were Bobby Roode I'd be worried about Storm snatching his spot out from under him, hopefully TNA won't ruin everything by having Storm turn heel on Roode at the PPV or something.

So, yeah, a great show from top to bottom. TNA can put on a really great show when they feel like keeping it simple and not over complicating things with a millions run-ins and referee fuck ups.

If James Storm was being tested against Kurt Angle then I believe he proved beyond a doubt that he can hang with the top dogs, the screwy ending was inevitable but the crowd were mental for Storm. If I were Bobby Roode I'd be worried about Storm snatching his spot out from under him, hopefully TNA won't ruin everything by having Storm turn heel on Roode at the PPV or something.

I've always been a huge Storm advocate. Even back in the AMW days when everyone was labelling Chris Harris as the potential breakout star of the team I always thought Storm was the FAR superior of the two. He looks and talks like a star and if he could get some quality singles work under his belt he's easily got as much potential as Roode. Completely agree on them turning Storm heel. I believe there's far more potential in an eventual Roode/Storm face/face match than turning either one of them heel. Storm in particular is just so likeable that people just won't want to boo him.

Archived