Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Via the usual news sites:

The TNA event at the Von Braun Center in Huntsville, Alabama on August 25th, 2011 will be an Impact Wrestling TV taping. Bell time is 7 PM. Tickets go on sale July 15th, 2011 at 10 AM. The first ever TNA event was held in Huntsville nine years ago.

Nice!

• Paid Members
Gonna say something controversial here: I don't hate Abyss at the moment. I'm watching catch-up, have gotten to Sting's second week as the Joker character (which is awesome, and is more like Cesar Romero or Jack Nicholson than Ledger), and whilst I agree Abyss' work since Hogoff got to TNA has been dire, I'm liking his "Art Of War" gimmick.

I've been waiting for a relatively decently-done strategist gimmick since Lex Luger before he got massive, and I think Abyss has been pretty interesting with it.

If Abyss used the book in a York Foundation manner by making his match strategy based around hitting his opponent in the face with it, I'd find it hard to dislike him.

...Actually, it IS Abyss.

Oh and Jack Evans is back. I must confess I do like watching him be all flibbedy diggidy.

• Moderators
I think Ziggler put on his Twitter about how good Evans match was followed by a hashtag of #seewrestlingcanbefun.

Ziggler is a mong then, which I never would have thought. I wanted to smash my laptop when Jack Evans did a fucking standing moonsault to break up a pin.

• Moderators

Hopefully Carl Oulette comes back in his mask and package piledriver and sentons them all to death and shows that despite it being 8 years, "X" still marks the spot.

Or Elix Shite Skipper comes in and fucks up all over shop.

06.jpg

• Paid Members

Jack Evans has potential. He just needs to get his arse down to FCW, so Ricky Steamboat can laugh at him first then tell him what to do.

Austin Aries is a proper star though. He carries himself like he's the bollocks AND can back it up, as he's a pretty accomplished all-rounder. I'd love to see him get a push in TNA (hopefully he doesn't fuck it up though). Ideally, you'd sign Low Ki too, as again, he carries himself well (granted he doesn't have the superstar potential of A Double).

Although Jack Evans looked like he'd come straight from the homeless shelter I really enjoyed his preposterous moves, I watched the match five times yesterday and loved every minute of it which is more than I can say for any matches the WWE have put on lately.

I definitely see Austin Aries getting that contract though, he looked phenomenal during his match three weeks ago. There's definitely a place in TNA for Low-Ki and Jack Evans but considering Ki has a terrible reputation I wonder if they'll want to take a chance on him again.

Did you notice the big hole in his shoe when he put his foot on the bottom rope to break up a pin? I kept trying to figure out why he hadn't brought some new gear prior to the match to make a good impression for the TV audience. Weird.

He probably doesn't care much. He's a champion South of the border in a promotion that loves their Americans. I'm guessing he'll have a better spot there, and possibly more money to, than he'll ever have in TNA.

I definitely see Austin Aries getting that contract though, he looked phenomenal during his match three weeks ago. There's definitely a place in TNA for Low-Ki and Jack Evans but considering Ki has a terrible reputation I wonder if they'll want to take a chance on him again.

Thats how I see it going. Aries wins the contract but they sign Low-Ki and Evans as well. Can see that match stealing the show as well.

There is so many stale guys in the X Division, there is definitely a place for a new completely ludicrous spot monkey. If your going to get one Jack Evans would be right at the top of the tree as well. He is a breath of fresh air compared to the tired acts of guys like Shannon Moore and Robbie E.

Robbie E really needs to go, he's completely pointless and rarely does anything of merit. I don't know what's going on with Shannon Moore these days, I remember him having an issue with Jesse Neal but I don't recall it ever being resolved, I assume that Ink Inc's absence from TV means that they're done.

I don't know what's going on with Shannon Moore these days, I remember him having an issue with Jesse Neal but I don't recall it ever being resolved, I assume that Ink Inc's absence from TV means that they're done.

Jesse Neal's been injured since Sacrifice back in May and hence the lack of Ink Ink/Shannon Moore.

Archived