Who is going to call Wrestlemania?

A.P.

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I hadn't seen anything about it....

With Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole wrestling each other at Wrestlemania (or, is that 'sports entertaining' each other), who is going to call WWE's biggest show of the year? Personally, I can't see them going with a lightweight team of Josh Matthews, Booker T etc.

So, is there room for Jim Ross to be given a one shot deal (which would also be a way of spiting Michael Cole in storyline terms). Also, could a J.R. return to the announce booth actually positively effect buyrates for the ppv given the context in which it would appear?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll probably be Cole and Matthews for the first match or two, then the King/Cole match will be announced and Cole will make his 'entrance' from the announce table and, himself, introduce Swagger. JR may, or may not, do guest commentary for this. After the match, presumably after King and Austin share a brew over a beaten Cole/Swagger King will sit down next to Matthews and JR to call the rest of the show...

JR could be guess commentator for the Lawler- Cole match at least. Cole could get great heat by shouting at Ross, plus it's Lawler and Austin, so JR could come in and slap the little twerp.

Other than that I'm guessing it will be Booker T and Josh Matthews.

I hope Cole is not calling. One of the biggest draws of WrestleMania this year for me is what Cole's entrance will be like. I want him to fist pump his way down the aisle, not simply stride out from behind his desk. I want him to have some sort of ... any sort of gear other than his suit. I want him to have entrance music complete with a prepared video. And most of all I want him to get on the headset and start commentating his own match like the emerging psychopath that he is.

I'm also making the assumption that a mini angle culminating in a short promo before the match will address the whole main event thing, right? Because Cole has been saying all along the match will be the main event. So when it transpires that the match is happening in the middle of the card it will have to be addressed?

I can't fucking wait.

Maybe ... eek ... JBL could get involved?

JBL, Booker and JR would be an absoloute riot that would make WrestleMania a joy to watch.

• Paid Members

It would be even better if Booker wasn't involved. Seriously JBL and J.R as guest commentators is a wonderful idea and simply must happen. If there has to be a middle man, which i guess there should be a neutral party really then i'd rather it was Josh.

I'd love the Cole-King issue to develop into a game of one-upmanship in the remaining weeks until 'Mania. Mickles was allowed to select a trainer and guest ref. King somewhat got one over on Cole in the guest ref situation. Between now and 'Mania Lawler could be granted a similar luxury and choose to select J.R as a guest commentator for the match to fuck with Cole. Then at 'Mania Cole levels the playing field and brings back JBL for announcing duty before the match begins.

I really want JBL to have some more involvement in this. The man is a God for starters and the chemistry with him and Cole Monday was just magic. The thought of Cole prepping in his corner, Swagger loosening up his shoulders while JBL screams some motivation in his face feels me with utter joy.

Also, could a J.R. return to the announce booth actually positively effect buyrates for the ppv given the context in which it would appear?

Nobody's going to buy Wrestlemania solely because J.R might be calling a few matches.

Archived