Who is going to call Wrestlemania?

A.P.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
While WWE likes to have an idea about Summer Slam by the time we get this close to Wrestlemania, we have been told all ideas are up in the air, although "Vince has apparently decided what he wants to do with Rock, Cena, and Miz, but he's not telling us yet!"

So long as he's not thinking about a 3 way, I could be excited by that. It's very clear that The Rock and Cena are being build towards a match, but I have close to zero interest in seeing that match as a 3 way with The Miz.

As for the announcing, I am not at all excited by that lineup. I like the idea that they might bring JR in for the 2 title matches, but that almost seems like they're saying Josh and Booker aren't up to calling them, which they're not. In which case they shouldn't be doing WrestleMania at all OR Ross should be doing the whole show with them.

I like Matthews actually, and I'm not at all against him calling WrestleMania - with Cole developing into such a fantastic heel, it's only natural that they develop a play by play guy and with Grisham apparently disappearing, Matthews is definitely the best option they've got. I do wonder if they would at all consider bringing Striker back behind the desk, but probably not, and rightfully so.

Forgive me in advance for saying this, but do you not think they could be taking Cole down the Heenan route, albeit in a strange way. Taking him from commentator, aligning him with Swagger, leading perhaps to a Cole Miners stable?

Archived