NXT Season 5 Thread

liverpool1

• Paid Members
Bring back Percy Watson!!

If I were them I'd consider a tag team NXT. Throw together some Superstars guys [Curt Hawkins, Trent Barretta, JTG] with some FCW guys and have them mentored by former tag wrestlers like Road Warrior Animal etc.

Tag scene's pretty much dead in the water and the concept might throw up a few gems and kick start the tag scene again.

Stranger things have happened.

I agree with this...

Percy's been doing dark matches pinning Chavo, which is usually a sign they're giving him ring experience before a push on one of the main shows. OH YEAH!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a terrible show this was.

Bloody useless concept, super shitty contestants, who-gives-a-fuck pro's and a massively pointless 'prize'

Ugh.

"Hear are a bunch of guys you didn't like before, who failed to get over. Now here are their pro's, remember these guys? Any of them? Chavo at least?"

Regal was quite good, but they need a lot more than that for this to not completely blow.

Sucky Cannon looked like a right wanker. "I'm trying to be evil and to seduce Maryse, so I'll dress up like a Drag Queen. That'll show everyone how awesome I am"

Bring back Percy Watson!!

If I were them I'd consider a tag team NXT. Throw together some Superstars guys [Curt Hawkins, Trent Barretta, JTG] with some FCW guys and have them mentored by former tag wrestlers like Road Warrior Animal etc.

Tag scene's pretty much dead in the water and the concept might throw up a few gems and kick start the tag scene again.

Stranger things have happened.

I agree with this...

Percy's been doing dark matches pinning Chavo, which is usually a sign they're giving him ring experience before a push on one of the main shows. OH YEAH!

I still think they should put the former Consequences Creed with him and reform their awesome, criminally short lived tag team, Percy and Austin Watson [complete with matching oversized glasses].

• Paid Members

Bloody useless concept, super shitty contestants, who-gives-a-fuck pro's and a massively pointless 'prize'

Ugh.

"Hear are a bunch of guys you didn't like before, who failed to get over. Now here are their pro's, remember these guys? Any of them? Chavo at least?"

Regal was quite good, but they need a lot more than that for this to not completely blow.

Sucky Cannon looked like a right wanker. "I'm trying to be evil and to seduce Maryse, so I'll dress up like a Drag Queen. That'll show everyone how awesome I am"

Cannon looked like an uglier Brian Kendrick. I'm not liking his chances. I actually quite like Titus O'Neill, I think he's the most likely to win this, although Byron Saxton is the most interesting contestant.

As for Regal, if he turns out to be a decent shot on commentary maybe he can replace Booker T on Smackdown once Tough Enough is over? Booker can still go in the ring, and would boost the main roster as an active wrestler. Alternatively he could replace Teddy Long as GM. Smackdown needs a new authority figure, and Booker could do a decent job in that position.

Ugh.

Cannon looked like an uglier Brian Kendrick. I'm not liking his chances. I actually quite like Titus O'Neill, I think he's the most likely to win this, although Byron Saxton is the most interesting contestant.

As for Regal, if he turns out to be a decent shot on commentary maybe he can replace Booker T on Smackdown once Tough Enough is over? Booker can still go in the ring, and would boost the main roster as an active wrestler. Alternatively he could replace Teddy Long as GM. Smackdown needs a new authority figure, and Booker could do a decent job in that position.

The problem with guys like Saxton and Lucky on this show (and plenty of others in past seasons) is that playing a Heel means the fan vote is very rarely going to go your way. I don't imagine they entirely play the whole thing straight (having the Pro's vote means they can pretty much do what they want), but it's still really hard to get over as a Heel when you are supposed to be trying to impress fans!

I've been really enjoying NXT so far, so was looking forward to this even after seeing the line up.

However...

Rattitude, which was awesome, is dead.

Lucky Cannon is not only the worst TV wrestler ever, but he's wearing a robe, and it is only a matter of time before he catches his boots on it and makes himself look even more of a cockend.

Young remains dull as dishwater, and his head continues to resemble Action Man.

Jacob Novak represents the millions (and millions) of lanky buggers all around the world, wrestling on the indy scene without any clue where the hell their arms end and their feet start.

On the upside, Titus looked pretty good, but he's still got no presence whatsoever. Loved him getting pissed at the increasingly wayward Cannon and wiping him THE FUCK out with the diving tackle.

Byron hasn't changed, and doesn't need to.

I think the pros could have a hilarious season though...

Anything will be better than hearing Chris Masters blandly repeat something he heard (just seconds before) and thought was funny. Or even Ziggler coming out with lines he made up himself - that are also not funny.

Actually, i take that back, as we are probably just going to hear JTG shouting his special 'non-words' all season, which might be worse. You know what I mean, his... erm.. ?...cool street words/noises that no-one but him understands.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHGGTTT

CHEEEEEEEAAAHHH

Half of the people are from Season 4, what the fuck?

I'll admit, I didn't watch the whole show so I can't comment, but I'm already interested in Darren Young the most. I have a soft spot for the Season 1 rookies.

Lucky Cannon looks hideously out of place with that robe, but I suppose he can't be worse than he was in Season 2.

It'll probably be a win for Byron Saxton, although I'm half expecting Titus O'Niel to make it a win.

Is it just me that it feels like Season 1 was yeeeears ago, even though it only started just over a year ago?

I did read that because of Tough Enough starting soon, this season is just filler until the hype around Tough Enough has warn off, because they know no one is really going to care about this season. Then once the TE hype is over, or the show is over as it's only 10 weeks long, they will get going with Season 6, which will be 'better'.

Anything will be better than hearing Chris Masters blandly repeat something he heard (just seconds before) and thought was funny. Or even Ziggler coming out with lines he made up himself - that are also not funny.

Actually, i take that back, as we are probably just going to hear JTG shouting his special 'non-words' all season, which might be worse. You know what I mean, his... erm.. ?...cool street words/noises that no-one but him understands.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHGGTTT

CHEEEEEEEAAAHHH

We've already had Vladmir Koslov 'make it a win' with his dead pan 'You cen do it Conor' in the thick Russian accent.

I've been a big fan of NXT since its inception, but my oh my, what a load of nobrot this new season looks like it's going to be. The problem with the Redemption idea is that anyone half decent who lost out in a previous series of NXT has already been called up to the main roster (Husky Harris, Skip Sheffield, Brodus Clay). In fact, even dickheads like Alex Riley and Wassisname McRosterCutty have found their way onto Raw, meaning that we're left with the real dregs. the only decent ones left are Percy Watson and Derrick Bateman, neither of which have made it onto Season Five.

The result is a line-up which is as weak as Generation Me's protein shakes. It only seems like a week since Novak, Saxton and O'Brien were boring me half to death - and that's because it is. Are they trying to finish the job? Darren Young remains as bland as Matt Damon-flavoured rice cakes. In fact, such is my fear of accidentally catching a Darren Young match, that for a while I personally slept with every Sky Sports employee ever, so as to keep WWE Superstars from being shown on UK TV.

I'm sort of interested in seeing why Lucky Cannon is wearing women's clothing. Titus O'Neil made the biggest impression of the six, which is something that should chill the spines of anyone who saw his 'efforts' in Season Two.

Commentary was poor, although a lot better than the awkward S4 commentary (Josh Matthews, although superior to Tood Grisham, has to shoulder the blame for that). Not sure about the praise being dished out to Regal though - I know he's BRITISH~ and could have been a World Champion if he hadn't been busted for drugs/been a flabby midcarder with an awkward ring style, but he seemed disinterested out there. Perhaps he'll grow into the role in time.

Not much to hold your interest then, unless Titus O'Neil v Jacob Novak is your sick idea of a dream match, or you like jokes based around the fact that Yoshi Tatsu's English is a bit dodgy HAHA AREN'T JAPANESE PEOPLE FUNNY, or you're a bit miffed that Hornswoggle hasn't had enough run-ins with Chavo lately.

The only way this season can be saved, IMO, is if they bring back The Product. You know: Michael Tarver. Here's my fantasy booking. He comes down the aisle and knocks out all six competitors in 1.9 seconds. Obviously with less than 12 seconds gone this means we have a lot of time to kill, so the camera follows him to the back as he spends 55 minutes trying to down a cup of coke. then he returns to the ring with some boltcutters, clips Matt Striker's fat head clean off with them (it goes into the crowd, much the the WWE Universe's delight - there is a bit of a fight to catch it), impregnates Maryse without even touching her, then leaves. That, UKFFers, is what I call Redemption.

• Moderators

Michael Tarver is indeed super.

I think WWE know NXT is a super lame duck this series. Percy Watson is winning dark matches very week, and he's not on the nxt.

Percy Watson is awesome. OH YEAH!

Archived