NXT Season 5 Thread

liverpool1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It seems to have just become an unofficial 3 brand now as opposed to a competition. I don't mind though, I'm starting to really enjoy it. I prefer the 1 hour WWE shows to the 2 hour ones. Seem better paced. ECW was the best show on WWE TV before it was changed to NXT, for example.

• Paid Members
It seems to have just become an unofficial 3 brand now as opposed to a competition. I don't mind though, I'm starting to really enjoy it. I prefer the 1 hour WWE shows to the 2 hour ones. Seem better paced. ECW was the best show on WWE TV before it was changed to NXT, for example.

It has, but with the smallest roster of any C-show before it. It's bizarre at the moment- the competition seems to have been canned completely.

I quite liked it this week (I've not watched a full episode since about week two of this season, and have only watched very rare bits and pieces since). It basically is ECW now. A few veterans that nobody can be arsed putting on Raw or Smackdown, and rookies with next to no gimmick. Regal's speech and match with Darren Young were good, and I enjoyed his commentary, though I can't see it working for one of the bigger shows. Striker's quite a novelty in his current role, as well. Yoshi's new look was something different, but his match with Tyson Kidd seemed the same as their other seven matches I've seen bits of. Bateman and Maxine were fun as well. "Maybe if we watched Road House instead of Dirty Dancing last night, I'd be better at fighting... It's so hot when you're scheming against Leprechauns."

I stopped watching NXT about two months ago, but watched last week and loved the fact they replaced 'obstacle course challenge' and what not with Tyson Kidd vs. Yoshi Tatsu. And Matt Striker and William Regal feuding with JTG is brilliant. I love evil JTG. Darren Young I couldn't give two tugs of a dead dogs cock about but JTG and Regal the gentleman villian? fuck yeah.

Archived