NXT Season 5 Thread

liverpool1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Young has main evented Summerslam for God sake! He wins by default.

I love Maryse and William Regal (and Grisham too, I guess) but I don't even think that can make me want to watch this. Season 3 was hilarious, down to Cole and Josh of course, the rest have generally been a bit painful to watch.

• Paid Members

How long does this season last? What an absolute waste of time - the prize is to be part of the next season? A season you could potentially be eliminated from FIRST?

What a shitty, stupid idea. Why not let them win a spot on the main roster? Or a years guaranteed contract with the brand of their choice? The title shot isn't necessarily needed.

And why would Darren Young take a step back from the main roster do do NXT again? If he wins, then wins again what can he bring to the roster from there that he didn't during his previous spell? An utterly redundant inclusion.

An utterly redundant season, given the prize at the end of it.

Was Darren Young in a position where anyone cared about him? No.

Nexus stuff moved way beyond him. He was left out completely, and no one cared. So what harm is it doing him?

I really don't see the issue. He clearly needs some more work anyway.

• Paid Members
Was Darren Young in a position where anyone cared about him? No.

Nexus stuff moved way beyond him. He was left out completely, and no one cared. So what harm is it doing him?

I really don't see the issue. He clearly needs some more work anyway.

Then toss him down to developmental.

Bring back Percy Watson!!

If I were them I'd consider a tag team NXT. Throw together some Superstars guys [Curt Hawkins, Trent Barretta, JTG] with some FCW guys and have them mentored by former tag wrestlers like Road Warrior Animal etc.

Tag scene's pretty much dead in the water and the concept might throw up a few gems and kick start the tag scene again.

Stranger things have happened.

Bring back Percy Watson!!

If I were them I'd consider a tag team NXT. Throw together some Superstars guys [Curt Hawkins, Trent Barretta, JTG] with some FCW guys and have them mentored by former tag wrestlers like Road Warrior Animal etc.

Tag scene's pretty much dead in the water and the concept might throw up a few gems and kick start the tag scene again.

Stranger things have happened.

I agree with this...

Archived