The Katie Vick Storyline

CalumW

Katie Vick was Kane's cheerleader girlfriend who died in a car crash (with Kane as the driver, before he joined WWE) when he swerved to avoid an animal. Triple H found this out, held it over Kane's head and implied that Kane had sex with her dead body. He then explicitly stated it in a backstage vignette by donning a Kane mask and mounting a blow-up doll with a cheerleader's uniform inside a coffin - purportedly at Vick's funeral - before pretending to have sex with it.

The whole thing was awful and added very little heat to a feud that got killed off very quickly, but not before Hurricane, Kane's tag partner at the time, introduced another video that involved Triple H's various faces being up someone's arse or something. Eventually Kane won a casket match against Trips when Shawn Michaels got involved.

My memory is shaky so this may be a little off.

Anyway it involved Triple H accusing Kane causing a car crash that killed his (Kane's) Girlfriend Katie Vick and Kane made it look like she was the driver and not him, basically this went on for a while and ended with Triple H shagging a dummy in a coffin that represented Katie, no I'm not making that up.

Legend has it that the whole story was an inside dig to do with Jimmy Snuka but I have no idea if thats true and reports claimed that everyone involved genuingly believed that the storyline was brilliant and it took a long time before McMahon finally admited that it was a failure.

EDIT

Dingbat beat me to it and did a better job explaining it.

It wasn't as bad as people make out really, apart from how crude it was, but I thought it was hilarious. The thing that annoyed me (and probably a lot of others) about it was that we were meant to believe before this that Kane had been locked up away from outside contact by Paul Bearer ever since he got all the "scars" over his body as a kid. Yet now we were told he was, at some point, a licensed driver who got wasted at parties with cheerleader girlfriends. And WWE had spent a good portion of time in 1999/2000 showing that Kane wasn't very good with getting on with people (X-Pac, Tori, Chyna etc.).

That may be looking too much into things, but it wasn't exactly a 10 year gap between character plot differences was it.

It wasn't as bad as people make out really, apart from how crude it was, but I thought it was hilarious. The thing that annoyed me (and probably a lot of others) about it was that we were meant to believe before this that Kane had been locked up away from outside contact by Paul Bearer ever since he got all the "scars" over his body as a kid. Yet now we were told he was, at some point, a licensed driver who got wasted at parties with cheerleader girlfriends. And WWE had spent a good portion of time in 1999/2000 showing that Kane wasn't very good with getting on with people (X-Pac, Tori, Chyna etc.).

That may be looking too much into things, but it wasn't exactly a 10 year gap between character plot differences was it.

Thats what I don't understand. I thought Kane was supposed to be some Michael Myers type of "monster" who never went into the sunlight, are we supposed to believe that he went to parties wearing a mask? Not only that, he wasn't supposed to have talked without his voice box until X Pac got him to get rid of it in '99.

If they wanted to imply that the Kane character was a necrophiliac, I reckon they would have been better to have ripped the story straight out of the Halloween movies. Say he escaped the asylum and proceeding to go on a murderous mission before committing the grim act upon his victim. They could say he was never properly convicted for his crime on the grounds of insanity.

They need another scarily masked Michael Myers insane asylum character. One that they don

Legend has it that the whole story was an inside dig to do with Jimmy Snuka

How?

Kane's tag partner at the time, introduced another video that involved Triple H's various faces being up someone's arse or something

Wasn't that a different storyline? I remeber it as HHH having things pulled out of his arse, such as, the hand that Mae Young gave birth too.

Kane's tag partner at the time, introduced another video that involved Triple H's various faces being up someone's arse or something

Wasn't that a different storyline? I remeber it as HHH having things pulled out of his arse, such as, the hand that Mae Young gave birth too.

Are you not thinking of when Vince performed Colon surgery on JR - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oourx7Xrq5A

and for anyone who hasnt seen the Katie Vick angle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcBOB_xGW5I

If they wanted to imply that the Kane character was a necrophiliac, I reckon they would have been better to have ripped the story straight out of the Halloween movies. Say he escaped the asylum and proceeding to go on a murderous mission before committing the grim act upon his victim. They could say he was never properly convicted for his crime on the grounds of insanity.

Rich, the story wasn't that Kane was actually a necrophiliac. The story was Triple H being an absolute bastard about Kane losing his girlfriend/mate/whatever-she-was as a youth.

Rich, the story wasn't that Kane was actually a necrophiliac. The story was Triple H being an absolute bastard about Kane losing his girlfriend/mate/whatever-she-was as a youth.

Sorry mate yeah I got that. Bad wording there on my part. I suppose what I was suggesting was if they wanted to bring dark subjects like that into story lines at all, a kind of Halloween rampage would have probably suited the character better than the high school cheerleader line did.

Anyone else think a psychotic horror movie villain character could work again in mainstream wrestling again (hypothetically ignoring pg restrictions of course)? A bit like the awesome Leatherface gimmick that Michael

Sorry mate yeah I got that. Bad wording there on my part. I suppose what I was suggesting was if they wanted to bring dark subjects like that into story lines at all, a kind of Halloween rampage would have probably suited the character better than the high school cheerleader line did.

Anyone else think a psychotic horror movie villain character could work again in mainstream wrestling again (hypothetically ignoring pg restrictions of course)? A bit like the awesome Leatherface gimmick that Michael “Corporal” Kirchner after his initial run with the WWF.

Yes, thats what wrestling needs, more characters. Pretty much the whole WWE roster are clones, something has to be done. It's like WWE creative don't have imaginations anymore. Thats why I like the Mankind character, Mick had alot to do with that character, in his second book there is a sketch of how he wanted to look. He was like a proper horror movie character, and it makes everything more fun and interesting.

• Paid Members

Anyone else think a psychotic horror movie villain character could work again in mainstream wrestling again (hypothetically ignoring pg restrictions of course)? A bit like the awesome Leatherface gimmick that Michael

Archived