Powerslam 25 Greatest Wrestling Shows

Gladstones Bitch

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Might have to check out the big AJW shows. I've caught a couple of their highly rated matches from the 90s, and whilst good, they were just way too long and lost steam. Will keep giving it a chance though.

Dunno if you've seen it but Kyoko Inoue v Manami Toyota from Korakuen Hall in 1995 [listed high up in the top 100 matches in Powerslam] is all kinds of awesome and is the best one hour match I have ever seen. Seriously, the 60 minutes just flies by!

Might have to check out the big AJW shows. I've caught a couple of their highly rated matches from the 90s, and whilst good, they were just way too long and lost steam. Will keep giving it a chance though.

Dunno if you've seen it but Kyoko Inoue v Manami Toyota from Korakuen Hall in 1995 [listed high up in the top 100 matches in Powerslam] is all kinds of awesome and is the best one hour match I have ever seen. Seriously, the 60 minutes just flies by!

Team AJW Vs Team JWP would like a word with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltj4nNvDytg

Nice, cheers for posting that dude.

Awesome. I stand corrected.

• Paid Members
Suprised Barely Legal isn't on this list. Of the ECW events I have seen it is probably the best. Shane Douglas boreathon snoozefest withstanding.

It was alright, but I really don't think it belongs on a list of the greatest 25 wrestling shows. I'd like to echo whoever it was who said Anarchy Rulz '99 should be there aswell. For my money, the best PPV of 1999, for any company.

Edit: Just going through the list again, and I'd say Summerslam 2000 is a shocking omission.

• Paid Members
Royal Rumble 2000 was a very strong card.

It wasn't. Amongst the admittedly awesome streetfight and the double tables match was the terrible Chyna/Jericho IC co-holder nonsense, The Acolytes vs The New Age Outlaws ain a stinker of a match and quite possibly the dullest Royal Rumble match in history.

And Mae Young.

It wasn't. Amongst the admittedly awesome streetfight and the double tables match was the terrible Chyna/Jericho IC co-holder nonsense, The Acolytes vs The New Age Outlaws ain a stinker of a match and quite possibly the dullest Royal Rumble match in history.

And Mae Young.

Was that really a stinker? It lasted about 3 minutes and had one of the best Clotheslines From Hell in it. Also i didn't find the Rumble dull and you had Taz's awesome debut.

• Paid Members

And Mae Young.

Was that really a stinker? It lasted about 3 minutes and had one of the best Clotheslines From Hell in it. Also i didn't find the Rumble dull and you had Taz's awesome debut.

Yeah, it was a stinker, three minutes or not.

As for the Royal Rumble. For the most part, I'd say it was completely dull and uninteresting. The Rock's entrance provoked a massive pop, the ending was done pretty well (if not a repeat of 1995) but that was about it. It was a seriously dull RR match.

Although I will say Taz's debut was awesome indeed, even if the entire world knew in advance it was him!

Edited to say that Rikishi's and Too Cool tore down the house halfway through the RR. That was a nice little moment.

Was it in the 2000 Rumble that Taka performed his epic face plant?

EDIT

As for the list personally as much as I like Big Egg Universe (still hae it on 4 VHS tapes) I think its overly long and somewhat over rated considering the mixed quality of the matchs, the tournament was first class though even if Aja blubbering like a baby at the end and attempting to give her WWWA Title away looked retarded.

Nice to see a poster mention Matter of Respect '96. That was my first ever wrestling tape and viewing of ECW after reading about it magzines for so long, was literallly mind-blowing for me at the time.

I would disagree with When Worlds Collide. I don't remember it being particularly good, and i don't think it would hold up well by today's standards. Spring Stampede '99 was a great PPV

Archived