WRESTLEMANIA 27 card- Confirmed+Rumoured

ligerbomb

Who will be the Ref in Cole V Lawler? Can't logically be Riley now.

Surely it's more logical for it to be Riley now as he won't be involved in the Miz/Cena match.

Until Swagger came out I was thinking his trainer would be Dolph and the ref would be Vikki! I'd say def Riley now though!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pretending he's going to fight John Cena, then laughing at all the people who buy the show and end up disappointed when they hug one another.

I can't help thinking your right. It is a kinda rehash of the Austin/HBK/Austin storyline of WrestleMania 14. Send the fans home happy and all that bollocks.

Pretending he's going to fight John Cena, then laughing at all the people who buy the show and end up disappointed when they hug one another.

I can't help thinking your right. It is a kinda rehash of the Austin/HBK/Austin storyline of WrestleMania 14. Send the fans home happy and all that bollocks.

Nor can I.

I'm not expecting anything out of this world, I just wondered what being the host of Wrestlemania actually meant. Even looking at the role from a kayfabe perspective, I struggle to think of what it means.

Nor can I.

I'm not expecting anything out of this world, I just wondered what being the host of Wrestlemania actually meant. Even looking at the role from a kayfabe perspective, I struggle to think of what it means.

Well I guess it would involve welcoming everyone to the show at the start and then introducing the next match/what's to come on the show.

I would imagine The Rock though will start the show, be involved in some backstage segments and then be involved in something during or after the Miz/Cena match

• Paid Members

Here's the full card according to this week's Observer.

A wrestling podcast called “Smart Wrestling Fan” released the complete WrestleMania planned lineup, which we were able to get confirmed as being legit, so this is where it stands as of this week:

*The Miz vs. John Cena for the WWE title

*Undertaker vs. HHH

*Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World title.

*C.M. Punk vs. Randy Orton.

*John Morrison & Trish Stratus & Kelly Kelly vs. Dolph Ziggler & Layla & Michelle McCool.

*Wade Barrett & Ezekiel Jackson & Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel vs. Big Show & Kane & Kofi Kingston & Christian.

*Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes, who may or may not be accompanied by Dusty Rhodes

*Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole with Jack Swagger in Cole’s corner as his trainer, and Steve Austin as referee.

*Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus.

*Another Divas match yet to be determined

No Money in the Bank match

Two matches with Divas involved? Fuck that!! They could easily have done another Money In The Bank, Hell, get the winner to cash it on the night(of Wrestlemania) for once! The thing I like about Money In The Bank is generally it is something different to the rest of the card at Wrestlemania, they do very little in the way of gimmick matches at Mania so always breaks things up and gives a bit of variety.

• Paid Members

Since that cards been 'released', Diesel is now getting his best leather pants and singlet out of the cupboard, though, so who's he going to replace if they choose to put him in the 8 man? Wont Kofi or Christian be in the MITB instead, and Big Daddy Cool will replace one of them in the big tag match, like The King said earlier?

Stone Cold as the ref? If Michael Cole's allowed to pick the ref, why the hell would he pick Stone Cold? I assume theres some kind of GM interference or something that means Cole can't pick the ref anymore.

Also, John Morrison teaming with Kelly and Trish?! Why? He hasnt had any interaction with ANY of them, would be very random.

Stone Cold as the ref? If Michael Cole's allowed to pick the ref, why the hell would he pick Stone Cold? I assume theres some kind of GM interference or something that means Cole can't pick the ref anymore.

Also, John Morrison teaming with Kelly and Trish?! Why? He hasnt had any interaction with ANY of them, would be very random.

It isn't need is it? They should either do a new multi person gimmick match that features John Morrison, or I would even add him into the John Cena/Miz match to make it a Triple Threat.. That match looks flat at the moment (The actual match, not the post match Rock moment). I could see Cole announcing JR as the ref, to "humiliate King by having his friend count to 3 when Cole wins", but JR could end up making it No DQ. Stone Cold could then come out and stunner Michael Cole and Jack Swagger, and give King the win.

Aye, I still think on the referee front it'll be Vickie Guerrero, would make a lot of sense after last weeks SmackDown and the way King's dissed her in the past. Would also get her back on TV, and i'd imagine WWE would love to have their too biggest heel characters working together, could always have the Austin involvement happen at WrestleMania still.

I agree about Morrison, in an ideal world he'd of been built up to be the man facing Miz in a singles match for the title at WrestleMania, and Cena facing Punk, they ended Cena/Punk far too early, never really had a chance to get going then it was over, exactly the same scenario with Miz and Morrison, they could really have played off their past, and had they developed Morrison a bit more, I have no doubt it could have been an awesome WrestleMania title match, with Taker/Triple H being the last match on the show, it'd have made even more sense too.

Maybe next year for Morrison! Hopefully he goes back heel though...

Archived