HHH Named The Most Overrated Wrestler Of All-time

xear

Do you agree with this?

nodq.com

UGO.com has posted a list counting down the top 25 most overrated wrestlers of all-time. The ranking is topped by 13-time world champion Triple H, who was named Most Overrated in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards on three consecutive occasions (2002-2004), and again in 2009.

Regarding the self-proclaimed "King of Kings", UGO.com wrote: "For too long, Triple H has received a free pass from internet wrestling fans, but we say, "No more!" Sure, he used to be great, but that was before he destroyed his body and moved on to destroying the careers of younger wrestlers. Folks these days like to say that "The King of Kings" makes people into stars, but wrestlers tend to either succeed despite the terrible, emasculating beatings he gives them or just disappear back into the midcard. What's worse is that he does it all with the same four boring, mechanical moves - a fact which goes strangely unnoticed by the world's Cena-bashers, who tend to love "The Game." If Triple H was as great as people say he is, the past 13 years of constant pushes shouldn't have just turned him into another Rock or "Stone Cold," it should have gotten him elected King of the Universe.

"And The Chaperone looks atrocious."

The complete ranking is as follows:

25. Diesel

24. Arn Anderson

23. Alberto Del Rio

22. Jerry Lynn

21. Shelton Benjamin

20. Verne Gagne

19. Jeff Jarrett

18. Sabu

17. Finlay

16. Christopher Daniels

15. Mr. Anderson

14. William Regal

13. Indy Geeks (Mike Quackenbush pictured)

12. Randy Orton

11. Gorgeous George

10. Scott Hall

9. Dean Malenko

8. Owen Hart

7. Christian

6. Curt Hennig

5. Miss Elizabeth

4. Jerry "The King" Lawler

3. Giant Baba

2. Hulk Hogan

1. Triple H

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Folks these days like to say that "The King of Kings" makes people into stars, but wrestlers tend to either succeed despite the terrible, emasculating beatings he gives them or just disappear back into the midcard.

Yeah, Sheamus really suffered big time after his feud with HHH didn't he? :bored:

What a load of shite. So from reading the below, they actually mean 'holding talent down' rather than being overrated? That's a separate argument altogether. As for being overrated- bull-fucking-shit. Triple H for me is one of the greatest of his generation. Very good worker, very good look, plenty of charisma. But perhaps he doesn't do 'teh kurb stomppppp'.

Anyway, Trippers never got a free pass from the Internet fans. He was absolutely hated on here during his World title reign not long after the brand split happened. He was the biggest target for the smart makrs.

I haven't looked at the rest of the list much, but Owen Hart and Mr Perfect in the tope 10 pretty much sums up how attrocious this is.

As an example, Hogan can't be over rated. Nobody ever said he's the greatest "worker" in the world. But he used what he had an abundance of Eg: Personality and charisma to become one of, if not the biggest star in wrestling history. How can that be over rated. What a rubbish list. Don't even get me started on how Christian is on that list, or Mr Perfect or Alberto Del Rio, who's only been in American main stream wrestling for 6 months odd. How can a guy playing a brand new character for less than a year already be over rated. The surface hasn't even been scratched on what he could achieve. The hype he's so far got may indeed be warrented in a year or 2.

Miss Elizabeth a wrestler?

I would've said a lot of guys on that list were under rated. How can Jerry Lynn be over rated I wouldn't say hes rated high at all and should be in the top 25 under rated wrestlers of all time. Shelton Benjamin while not great as a heel is an exceptional athlete, same goes for Malenko. Daniels and Regal are the complete package and none of these have ever been high enough up the card to be in a position you could call over rated.

• Paid Members

The list is bullshit, with the exception of Owen Hart, who is incredibly over-rated. Triple H though on the other hand is probably one of the most underrated wrestlers in history. The sheer amount of unjustified hate he gets from " net fans" is second to none. "free pass"? What a crock. He gets more hate than anyone I can think of.

The list is bullshit, with the exception of Owen Hart, who is incredibly over-rated. Triple H though on the other hand is probably one of the most underrated wrestlers in history. The sheer amount of unjustified hate he gets from " net fans" is second to none. "free pass"? What a crock. He gets more hate than anyone I can think of.

Cena? Who along with Batista somehow managed to escape the list.

25. Diesel

24. Arn Anderson

23. Alberto Del Rio

22. Jerry Lynn

21. Shelton Benjamin

20. Verne Gagne

19. Jeff Jarrett

18. Sabu

17. Finlay

16. Christopher Daniels

15. Mr. Anderson

14. William Regal

13. Indy Geeks (Mike Quackenbush pictured)

12. Randy Orton

11. Gorgeous George

10. Scott Hall

9. Dean Malenko

8. Owen Hart

7. Christian

6. Curt Hennig

5. Miss Elizabeth

4. Jerry "The King" Lawler

3. Giant Baba

2. Hulk Hogan

1. Triple H

Ive bolded the ones who I think are overated

I dont actually know who Mike Quackenbush is and I havent seen Giant Baba, Gorgeous George or Verne Gagne wrestler, I havent seen much of Arn Anderson either

Some of these are weird, Alberto Del Rio and Curt Henning espicially

Archived