HHH Named The Most Overrated Wrestler Of All-time

xear

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17. Finlay

Ive bolded the ones who I think are overated

Go ask anyone who's been in the ring with him and see what they say.

It doesn't matter what "they" say. They're not wrestling to entertain each other, they're wrestling to entertain the audience. And Finlay's one of the most boring wrestlers going (or not going anymore, thankfully).

Was he ever over rated enough to warrant a place in the list though? I

Not sure 'overrated' is the best term to describe HHH anymore. Perhaps 'overexposed' is more suitable and he's booked himself into being that way.

Shitty list, don't know why people get worked up over sites churning out a quick ill-informed list like that.

Lolz what a list, I seriously advise going and reading it. Its just idiocy.

As a taster here is the Miss Elizabeth one

Even thought she wasn't a wrestler, we're playing a little fast and loose in order to include Miss Elizabeth on this list. In fact, one of the reasons that she's so overrated is because she isn't even a wrestler. While legitimate female wrestling talents like Sherri Martel, Wendi Richter and others bumped their way through the 1980s, Miss Elizabeth got (hugely) over simply by standing at ringside with a dopey blank stare plastered on her face. She couldn't wrestle and she couldn't act, but luckily for Betsy, she found another surefire way to get over in professional wrestling: Sleep with a top star.

This has to be up there with the PS50 2010 edition in terms of shittest list ever. On the basis used here, said "Shittest of the Shit List List" would be along the lines of:

1: Most Overrated Wrestler of All Time

2: PS50 2010

3: UKFF 'You Think You're Funny...' 2010

4: Hulk Hogan

5: John Cena

6: Richie Freebird

* Nothing personal Richie boy, you were the first name that popped into my head when thinking of a random name. Is that weird?

That is by far a worse list than the PS50. At least you could understand what was going on with that list, even if you don't agree with it.

This list is just fucking stupid on almost every single level.

I hated last year' PS50, I almost cried whilst reading it. Like you say though, at least there was some logic behind it - this list's mental.

• Paid Members
That is by far a worse list than the PS50. At least you could understand what was going on with that list, even if you don't agree with it.

Can't agree. The PS list was utter tosh. This does at least have some merit if it could quite work out what it's trying to be. It seems to be about one third of people who are over-rated by promoters, a third who are over-rated by smarks and a third who are over-rated historically. Or not, as the case may be.

Actually, this list is similar to the 'WWE Top 50' DVD in it's complete lack of sense and such.

That was the worst list ever. That was worse than the PS list by a mile. That said, it was obviously political. That PS one was just dumb.

We should run our own list, be interesting to see what we come up with. Opinion is so varied on here that I expect it would be just as "controversial".

Can't agree. The PS list was utter tosh. This does at least have some merit if it could quite work out what it's trying to be. It seems to be about one third of people who are over-rated by promoters, a third who are over-rated by smarks and a third who are over-rated historically. Or not, as the case may be.

Actually, this list is similar to the 'WWE Top 50' DVD in it's complete lack of sense and such.

That was the worst list ever. That was worse than the PS list by a mile. That said, it was obviously political. That PS one was just dumb.

We should run our own list, be interesting to see what we come up with. Opinion is so varied on here that I expect it would be just as "controversial".

Howard Finkel's Greatest Wrestlemania Moment list that's lurking about on WWE.com has to be in with a shout.

That was the worst list ever. That was worse than the PS list by a mile. That said, it was obviously political.

Obviously? Loads of the placements seemed too random to be political in an obvious way. Triple H and Cena were placed strangely low, especially in relation to Rey Mysterio. The weird Flair/Rhodes tie, and them both being so far behind Harley Race. Race's inclusion at all, especially at number 6, when other non-WWE phenomenons were ignored. It was nearly as batty as the list that inspired this thread.

Archived