HHH Named The Most Overrated Wrestler Of All-time

xear

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It's a pretty bizarre list. I'm not sure how he's ranking them, since the "people" (we know who they are) who overrate non-entities like Benjamin and Daniels don't rate the likes of Triple H, Nash and Hogan at all.

This is what I thought. Plus they have 'Indy geeks' at number 13- whatever that means. Whoever put this list together, I have no idea who they actually like. There are a few WORKR8 wrestlers on that list, and even more curiously they've left out Cena (not that I think he should be on there). Baffling.

17. Finlay

Ive bolded the ones who I think are overated

Go ask anyone who's been in the ring with him and see what they say. Finlay is one of the most respected guys because in the ring he can work with anyone

Nothing to do with his in ring work, I just find him dull as dishwater as a character, is the list down to soley in ring work or somthing?

This is a weird list - I may be wrong on this but I don't think Miss Elizabeth ever actually wrestled so how can she end up 5th on the list? I've no idea what this person is basing their list on but some peculiar choices - Owen Hart (from what little I've seen of him) isn't over-rated nor do I consider Finley to be.

• Paid Members

Who the fuck are UGO? and how an earth did they come up with a list like that? Over/Under rather is a tough thing to judge, but a lot of those are just odd. I mean you have one of WWE's biggest draws ever, Hulk Hogan at number 2, that makes no sense. Then you have guys like Mr Perfect who in my opinion perhaps didn't go as far as they could.

The only one I really agree with is Owen. Death has been very kind to him. He was certainly a very good worker but he just didn't have that something needed to be a viable main eventer. People can talking about his brothers shadow, or dying or whatever, but Owen never made the top because he quite simply didn't belong at the top.

• Paid Members
Do you agree with this?

nodq.com

UGO.com has posted a list counting down the top 25 most overrated wrestlers of all-time. The ranking is topped by 13-time world champion Triple H, who was named Most Overrated in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards on three consecutive occasions (2002-2004), and again in 2009.

Regarding the self-proclaimed "King of Kings", UGO.com wrote: "For too long, Triple H has received a free pass from internet wrestling fans, but we say, "No more!" Sure, he used to be great, but that was before he destroyed his body and moved on to destroying the careers of younger wrestlers. Folks these days like to say that "The King of Kings" makes people into stars, but wrestlers tend to either succeed despite the terrible, emasculating beatings he gives them or just disappear back into the midcard. What's worse is that he does it all with the same four boring, mechanical moves - a fact which goes strangely unnoticed by the world's Cena-bashers, who tend to love "The Game." If Triple H was as great as people say he is, the past 13 years of constant pushes shouldn't have just turned him into another Rock or "Stone Cold," it should have gotten him elected King of the Universe.

"And The Chaperone looks atrocious."

The complete ranking is as follows:

25. Diesel

24. Arn Anderson

23. Alberto Del Rio

22. Jerry Lynn

21. Shelton Benjamin

20. Verne Gagne

19. Jeff Jarrett

18. Sabu

17. Finlay

16. Christopher Daniels

15. Mr. Anderson

14. William Regal

13. Indy Geeks (Mike Quackenbush pictured)

12. Randy Orton

11. Gorgeous George

10. Scott Hall

9. Dean Malenko

8. Owen Hart

7. Christian

6. Curt Hennig

5. Miss Elizabeth

4. Jerry "The King" Lawler

3. Giant Baba

2. Hulk Hogan

1. Triple H

This list was brought to you in part by Matt Hardy. He is not on there and hates everyone. How the fuck is William Regal over rated. He is a fantastic wrestler and has never won the big one. Who over rates him. I think Miss Elizabeth is definatly over rated though. All her great feuds in the 90's with no one because she didn't wrestle.

Honestly who makes shit like this what has The Chaperone got to do with Triple H being over rated. I didn't looking at the trailer for The Chaperone and say to the wife lets go to the cinema to see Triple H's new Film it looks awesome.

Shit list someone cut Matt Hardy some cake to shut him up.

• Paid Members
25. Diesel

24. Arn Anderson

23. Alberto Del Rio

22. Jerry Lynn

21. Shelton Benjamin

20. Verne Gagne

19. Jeff Jarrett

18. Sabu

17. Finlay

16. Christopher Daniels

15. Mr. Anderson

14. William Regal

13. Indy Geeks (Mike Quackenbush pictured)

12. Randy Orton

11. Gorgeous George

10. Scott Hall

9. Dean Malenko

8. Owen Hart

7. Christian

6. Curt Hennig

5. Miss Elizabeth

4. Jerry "The King" Lawler

3. Giant Baba

2. Hulk Hogan

1. Triple H

Not sure on the criteria because it's all pretty random. Some are what would be called internet darlings, some are guys that smart fans tend to think are rot. On the whole though, I'd agree with everyone except those in bold.

I hate Triple H more than most but even I'd always agree that he eventually became the quality worker that they kept trying to tell us he was.

Hogan isn't rated as a wrestler by anyone is he? if he is, he's over-rated.

Jerry Lawler is pretty under-rated, I'd say.

Miss Elizabeth was utterly stunning and brilliant in her role.

I couldn't comment on Baba or GG. ADR hasn't had the time to become anything yet.

Owen Hart and Mr. Perfect were both outstanding wrestlers and critical members of the mid-card in their era but both have suffered from an inflated opinion of their standing since their day.

I quite love the list, just because it's so scattershot. It's got the obvious rile-up-the-tuggers ones ("How dare they put Shelton/Daniels/Regal/Finlay/Malenko on there? And why no Cena?"), a few obvious tugger choices (Nash, Hogan), a bunch of old-timers that are considered legends by almost everyone, and the outright baffling ones like Elizabeth. Even dares to call dead wrestlers overrated, which is bound to upset someone. The list really does have something for everyone... To take issue with. It's more fun than the Fapper's Delight PS50, anyway.

17. Finlay

Go ask anyone who's been in the ring with him and see what they say.

It doesn't matter what "they" say. They're not wrestling to entertain each other, they're wrestling to entertain the audience. And Finlay's one of the most boring wrestlers going (or not going anymore, thankfully).

17. Finlay

Go ask anyone who's been in the ring with him and see what they say.

It doesn't matter what "they" say. They're not wrestling to entertain each other, they're wrestling to entertain the audience. And Finlay's one of the most boring wrestlers going (or not going anymore, thankfully).

Was he ever over rated enough to warrant a place in the list though? I

Archived