Feeling Sleepy

Shit Poster

• Paid Members

What is the longest you have ever gone without sleep. I went to bed at 10 P.M on Tuesday night i got up at 4 A.M on Wednesday morning. I had to got to work in London then to Maidenhead then back to london. I got in this morning at Thursday and 6:15 A.M

I had a bath because the shower is rubbish got dressed for work as i had to be ona job at 8 and off i went now i am back in my shop and hav to work till 6.30 P.M here. Then off to do an estimate so i should get in at about 7.30 P.M.

I have had two cans of relentless and 4 pro plus i am not sure what time i am going to go to bed as near as 7.30 P.M as i can i hope.

So what is the longest time anyone has been awake for on here without the aid of Class A drugs or something similar because i have been up for much longer on these. This is by far the longest legit i have ever been awake.

• Paid Members
2 days and 2 nights. So for example woke up Monday morning, didn't sleep monday night, stayed awake all tuesday day and night, went to sleep early wednesday, like 2-3am.

Did you have to work or was it a lesiure type thing.

On a side note if anyone is on oxford street in london and gets a chance to pop into monsoon and check out the Amtico tiles if there shit in my defence it was late and the fucking contractors fucked us about.

Edit:

Regardless of work or not that has finally clicked that's a long fucking time.

• Paid Members
2 days and 2 nights. So for example woke up Monday morning, didn't sleep monday night, stayed awake all tuesday day and night, went to sleep early wednesday, like 2-3am.

Did you have to work or was it a lesiure type thing.

On a side note if anyone is on oxford street in london and gets a chance to pop into monsoon and check out the Amtico tiles if there shit in my defence it was late and the fucking contractors fucked us about.

Na no work or anything.

• Paid Members

Not intentially, but i managed about 2 and a half days a long long time ago.

I used to drink a fair bit when i was a bit younger, so for example i woke up 6am to go to work on the monday. Monday night i was out all night until about 4am, i stayed up as i was with lady friend, and by the time i left it was 6am.....so i went back to work.

That night (tuesday) was the my local towns student night, so i was once again out all night until early hours, once again with said lady friend. Wednesday came and i managed to make to work at 7ish then make it home , (after eating a bacon bap for breakfast, my lunch i took to work, another lunch i purchassed from the butty van, fish/chips/peas/gravy for tea......followed by a 16inch pizza to myself about 2 hours later. how i managed to eat all that was beyond me, as im a slim guy.), then proceeded to pop the loo at about 7pm wednesday...........only to fall asleep on th ebog for about 3 hours. I awoke and went to bed.

These days i cant last 10 mins without getting trollyed when im out on the pish. A few years ago i was out every day, not sleeping very much and drinking alot. Oh how times change.

I've done a couple of ridiculous stints in my time

The worst was a 51 hour stint stretching from a Thursday morning to a Saturday morning during which I had to complete some major and urgent work for my boss, then catch a coach to see my then-fiancee for the weekend. At the end of it I'd had about 5 or 6 cups of coffee and 2 cans of red bull. as soon as I got on the coach (late on the friday night), and realised that my rushing was over, it occured to me that my heart was still racing. It did so for a further 3 hours which was utterly frightening because I genuinely thought I'd have a heart attack, such was the speed and strength of it. Hence I never got to sleep on the coach and never even got to sleep until the Saturday morning. And I haven't touched Red Bull or other energy drinks since.

The longest was approx 56 hrs which has nothing more to it other than a typical weekend at university. I also went through a phase of about a month of sleeping for 12 hours but only doing so every other night.

On the flip side, the longest I've ever slept uninterrupted was for 27 hours. A week of relatively short sleeps (<5 hours) built to this, and though I realised I'd had a good kip, it took a while to quite grasp that a whole day had disappeared inbetween

These days a 36 hour shift is an infrequent occurence but something necessary if work demands it and I can do this comfortably caffeine-free.

• Paid Members

When Pro Evo 6 came out I spent an entire weekend in a mates house playing that with a few other cunts. Friday lunchtime til Sunday night, only stopping to go and pick up more weed or beer/chippy runs. I could have went longer, but there was something I wanted to get home and watch, rugby or football highlights probably.

Nearly 96 hours straight whilst at Uni.. No illegal drugs involved.

Was hallucinating by the end of it and a slurry slovenly mess who was down to incoherent ramble

Work, Uni Ball, and a medical emergency helped to see that I got no sleep :(

Nowadays 24-48 isnt uncommon on a regular basis

Early October, I did Friday afternoon until Sunday late morning/early afternoon without sleep. It was absolutely ridiculous. I'd done my usual trick of spending Friday afternoon by sleeping for a few hours after uni, so slept about 1-3, and then had a gig that evening. I got back from the gig at about 4.30am and stayed awake because F1 was on. Once that finished, I had to go to university for a workshop on podcast making which took a couple of hours and was only survived by the fact that the tutor brought cake. Saturday night was a rumba party with a couple of drummer friends where we just played and played for about 5 hours straight, finishing up at about 4am again. I made the hour walk back from the party on the other side of Leeds to my flat, then watched the grand prix when I got in.

Once that finished, I had some food and then crashed out on my bed and woke up on Monday morning for university. No drugs taken by me, but my clothes had a very strong smell of weed that weekend...it was all over the gig and the party. Cracking weekend though.

Longest for me is about 50 hours also, no reason other than being off work for a week, waking up early one morning and doing an all nighter and then going out for pretty much another whole day, its not so bad when your out and doing various things but couldn't have done that just sitting at home, mind you I'd be lucky to do about 30 hours now (without a drink).

Archived