1PW - The Anniversary Weekend [Oct 8th & 9th]

1PW

Would there be any chance that the 1PW representative could PM me some contacts for him/her, as I'd like to ask about disabled access to the events that Michaels will be at.

Also, is the Nash/Pac event sold out now for disabled fans?

I would say just call up the doncaster dome and ask pal? they will know the venue better than 1pw.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah because ive stated before i wont actively advertise on here due to past events and forum members.

Who started this thread about Shawn Michaels appearing at 1PW then?

It was leaked by Michaels himself, so it follows really that 1PW should confirm it, no?

Yeah because ive stated before i wont actively advertise on here due to past events and forum members.

Who started this thread about Shawn Michaels appearing at 1PW then?

It was leaked by Michaels himself, so it follows really that 1PW should confirm it, no?

But Michaels leaked the information on Twitter, not the UKFF.

Well yeah. Michaels' word is unreliable, nobody would've believed it without a confirmation post and ticket links from 1PW on the UKFF. Did you miss post #4 in this thread, Paul? It's right near the start. I might go to this show myself, but it's silly of the 1PW bloke to go "I don't advertise on here" (as an excuse for why his ads haven't included the location) when he's been making posts in this thread that consist of:

HBK is Coming to 1PW October 7th -

Tickets On Sale Now www.oneprowrestling.com/shop1PW

That's advertising his show, by anyone's standards. It's just advertising it badly by not saying where it is.

• Paid Members

This is like the time when Mr.Perfect returned and thought he was getting the big push, then the nWo signed about a fortnight after. Yeah, Shawn is great and everything, but the 1PW bloke isnt devoting anymore time to Kevin Nash! He's your new and current star. You should be pushing your current young talent like Nash and Road Dogg, not developmental wrestlers who dont debut until October.

• Paid Members

Here's a question: just say the world fucks up and something mad happens and TNA signs Shawn Michaels. What would happen then, if TNA has him signed to a contract and they turn around and say "sorry lads he's wrestling on our PPV". Or more realistically if the WWE needs him for No Mercy or whatever PPV they do near October time. I remember RVD was agreed to wrestle for that WrestleXpress promotion in 2001 and signed with WWF and told them where to go. Octobers a long way away. Wouldnt it have been better for Michaels and 1PW to announce this closer to the date.

• Paid Members
Here's a question: just say the world fucks up and something mad happens and TNA signs Shawn Michaels. What would happen then, if TNA has him signed to a contract and they turn around and say "sorry lads he's wrestling on our PPV". Or more realistically if the WWE needs him for No Mercy or whatever PPV they do near October time. I remember RVD was agreed to wrestle for that WrestleXpress promotion in 2001 and signed with WWF and told them where to go. Octobers a long way away. Wouldnt it have been better for Michaels and 1PW to announce this closer to the date.

If only there were maybe, some sort of legally-binding agreement between two parties that was detailed on paper...

• Paid Members

If only there were maybe, some sort of legally-binding agreement between two parties that was detailed on paper...

This is British wrestling, I'd count my blessing if they even got a visa. ;)

• Paid Members

Didnt WWE pull Matt Hardy and Mick Foley from an Alex Shane show, even though they were booked before they even resigned for the WWE? Thats why I ask. Just wondering if WWE's Legends contractors have a clause where they can call them back when ever they want to regardless of the booking.

EDIT: Actually, I think they tried to pull Foley but he honoured it. They did pull him from a show in Australia though around the same time.

• Paid Members
Didnt WWE pull Matt Hardy and Mick Foley from an Alex Shane show, even though they were booked before they even resigned for the WWE? Thats why I ask. Just wondering if WWE's Legends contractors have a clause where they can call them back when ever they want to regardless of the booking.

I would guess it would depend on the contract clauses. For example, if says Shawn Michaels were to pull out he may be liable to pay the fee of his appearance (plug extras) to the promoter of One Pro Wrestling. But if it's WWE, they may have no qualms stumping up that cash if they really wanted Michaels back.

I'm not sure. I'm not a lawyer, and I don't know what contracts are in place. If Shawn's announced it in a tweet though, then I would hazard a guess he's intent on honouring the booking given he would have better things to waste 140 characters on if not.

• Paid Members
I'm not sure. I'm not a lawyer, and I don't know what contracts are in place.

but I'll still make a smart arse comment on the matter

If you have a problem with me and have nothing better than to pick apart my posts in an equally-smart arse way, then PM me.

Your argument is flawed though as people on here throw their two pence in on wrestling despite the majority not being involved in the business in one way or another.

Here's a question: just say the world fucks up and something mad happens and TNA signs Shawn Michaels. What would happen then, if TNA has him signed to a contract and they turn around and say "sorry lads he's wrestling on our PPV". Or more realistically if the WWE needs him for No Mercy or whatever PPV they do near October time.

That exact same thing did happen to 1PW on the eve of their very first show.

Matt Hardy vs Abyss was announced in mid-2005 as the Main Event for their first show, scheduled for October 1st, and then a month or two later he signed for WWE and cancelled.

Archived