1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

Cheers. Fair enough my figures were just based on my own personal opinion and aren't to be taken as fact. And yes I have no come back as to why so many folk were-are bitter as I have been on the company roster longer than most and have seen all the situations over the years at both ends. It would be nice if folk just posted thoughts on the shows on here and pictures etc. Even if they think a match was poor or badly booked fair enough. Personal thoughts and complaints though should be emailed to 1PW in my opinion but I know that these very often go unanswered which is why I stated above that 1PW management should make a far better effort in dealing with their customers. If things gort sort out quicker via email and pm then perhaps less negative posts would be made here. I check my PBW email address and facebook every day and respond to fans questions and concerns asap which I put as one of the main reasons we have built up such a strong support up here. I am glad to here that folk that attended the event enjoyed it. The setup looked great and the action was top notch. There was a lot of improvement management wise from last may and I hope they can now put extra effort into their public relations and get things on track for Oct.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In short:

PROS: People who attended the show seemed to enjoy and it has received strong reviews

CONS: Promotion, Management & Customer Service has been poor. To ignore the hard questions about problems from your buying public is very wrong.

I am hoping to come down to 1PW in October for the show in Doncaster . I think the 1PW name has been tainted by past mistakes , but it looks like most of the big stars (and the biggest star of all) made it, and the European contingent is one of the strongest you can see in the UK. I have to say even if it was by a different name, it would be slaughtered for trying to bring in the imports they have.

A fair post but

folk posting on this thread are biiter ex trainee

Trainees of who? and where? Genuine question.

people with a grudges etc

I think 1PW created that rod for their own back more than any promotion I've ever seen in all my years.

95percent weren't even at the show.

Maybe so, but it sounds like a made up figure, like 95% of people defending 1PW in this thread were at the show, are mates with the owners and hoping for future bookings. Just made up.

Would it be fair then to say a majority then as opposed to 95%?

I dont understand why the number has be specific Hyperion. I think the point Ross is getting across is more often than not the negativity that is highlighted on the show comes from people who were not there. The majority of people who went there left more than happy and wanted the the lads to go back again. The negativity seems to come from people who were not at the show and seemingly dont really care about the product but more of what has happened behind the scenes. they seem to derive more satisfaction from that than from the wrestling itself.

Now despite being from Sunderland im not completely riddled with daftness. im aware of the fuck ups and the negativity that surrounds 1PW to the point of where I too have said the promotion has to die on its sword and needs a radical overhaul if it wants to achieve a fraction of the success that it once had. It was ony a matter of time before someone threw the "mates with the owners and hoping for future bookings line" but I can assure you I have fought and argued loads of times with every 1PW in order to try and help believe make it a better product. Sometimes they argree and sometimes they disagree but I can see why someone would be resentful of the implication. I know I would be if it was aimed at me.

I've voiced my displeasure in this thread about 1PW and whilst I wasn't at this show I've been to plenty their shows in the past to warrant making such comments. We're all marks here, marks for the business. That includes front of house and back of house and everything that goes on in between and that's why people want to know about what goes on. I don;t want 1PW to fail at all. I've got to the stage where If a show looks good I'll go along and pay on the door so in that respect I'll still support them but it doesn't mean I'll applaud their business practices.

I've travelled hundreds of miles for shows, IPW:UK, A Merch shows and also stuck local to GPW and 1PW and I can honestly say I've always preferred to see a good match than bitch about what goes on backstage but when there seems to be so much corruption you cannot help taking an interest. Shit sticks I'm afraid and the lessons were being talked about being learnt 2 years ago and they still haven't been rectified.

Like I've said, I've reserved tickets for the Anny show and I'm looking forward to it. I', not naive enough to believe that all the imports that get announced for teh shows between now and then will turn up but that's 1PWs past that has made me think this way. The two southern companies I've mentioned when they announce imports they happen (Jonny Moss doesn't count as an import right? ;) ) and again that's what I've come to expect from them. A non marky fan turning up to see X Pac or Billy Gunn would be pissed off he'd shelled out all that cash as other people have quite rightly pointed out on here and 1PW need to find a way to correspond with these people so that they gain their trust and not destroy it before they've invested their interest as well as their cash into the product.

To PBWRoss & Patrick Kelly

I want the same things as you guys. I wouldn't say everything is negativity its fair critique or complaint on a public fan forum, I voiced my concerns, Adam Curtis replied with what was going to be done about it. I was happy with that. My only further responses were at the odd sentence here or there I did not like. I used the 'friends with promoter/bookings' line to show how annoying it is as a fan to be written off as 'keyboard warrior/bitter promoter or Ex trainee' like we all fit into that and therefore our opinions are worthless.

I know many here are fans, I recall the likes of Tyson SL & Stunstone from many 1PW shows from the Dome to The Granby, I can't account for everyone but I value the opinions of guys like that cause I know they are real. I might get all my 1PW tickets out and take a picture, so I have fan ID for any future critique. Other than that I have zero problem with what you've said, I believe you are both giving a real opinion. Lets leave it at that

Oh and for the umpteenth time to any future posters, no one in this thread said anything bad about the matches or that the fans did not enjoy it. No need to defend against something that's not been said. Everything else has been covered to buggery as well.

No worries Hyperion. If you are struggling getting questions answered on future events please pm me here or on Facebook and I will do my very best to help you, Stunstone etc. Anyone got any pictures from the show ?

Thanks. And hopefully this link works, its to Fludders album which he usually shares Last Stand Pics

Thing is, it's the same old fucking shit and yes I paid to be there.

Aren't you the same person who pays for every half-baked, sure-to-be-a-scam event that promises big name wrestlers? Apologies if I've got you mixed up with someone else, but there are people on here that fall over themselves to go to any 1PW/WrestleSlam kind of con and end up unhappy after the lies and drop-outs.

Anybody who has been disappointed by this 1PW event has absolutely no right to any sympathy if they were already familiar with 1PW.

• Paid Members
Thing is, it's the same old fucking shit and yes I paid to be there.

Aren't you the same person who pays for every half-baked, sure-to-be-a-scam event that promises big name wrestlers? Apologies if I've got you mixed up with someone else, but there are people on here that fall over themselves to go to any 1PW/WrestleSlam kind of con and end up unhappy after the lies and drop-outs.

Anybody who has been disappointed by this 1PW event has absolutely no right to any sympathy if they were already familiar with 1PW.

No, they seem to have found a new home on the 1PW facebook page.

To be fair though mate.. i DO completely agree with where your coming from, "if you have been stung before, you should have learned your lesson".

To answer your question though, was stung by wrestleslam?, yes. Did i have any reason to think they were going to sting me.. No, how would i?

Have i pre-booked tickets in advance for any wrestling show since then... yes, for dragon gate and noah. Did they go ahead without a problem.. YES.

Have i pre-booked for 1PW, No... Would i? would i fuck!

I was in Liverpool for a family get together, had nowt to do on the Saturday so went along to the meet and greet, checked on here etc an hour before i made the 20 min journey, at that point, Nash, Rhino, Dogg were Still planned to appear. Glad i did go, like i have said somewhere else on this forum, it was a really good meet and greet, started slow, but picked up.

Would i have risked it if i was not in Liverpool at the time?.. no chance.

I didnt stay for the main show as it was already running 45 mins late when i left the meet and greet, they were still setting the ring up as i walked out. My beef was with everything leading up to the event, which has been covered to death on here already.

• Paid Members

What i want to know from the posters on this thread, the ones who have problems with 1PW (including myself)...

If someone else took the promotion over.. would you go to one of their shows?.... After Gauntley left, everyone got their hopes up but many did advise to change the name.. they didnt and Rodd is pissing people off and 1PW is still annoying fans and workers.

Personally, i would obviously love to go to a 1PW show and feel confident to hand over my money, im not sure what it would take though... new management.. is that all that it would require? That seems to be everyones gripe!

Can i just ask.. is Rodd the only one responsible for the 1PW problems?

What i want to know from the posters on this thread, the ones who have problems with 1PW (including myself)...

If someone else took the promotion over.. would you go to one of their shows?.... After Gauntley left, everyone got their hopes up but many did advise to change the name.. they didnt and Rodd is pissing people off and 1PW is still annoying fans and workers.

Personally, i would obviously love to go to a 1PW show and feel confident to hand over my money, im not sure what it would take though... new management.. is that all that it would require? That seems to be everyones gripe!

Can i just ask.. is Rodd the only one responsible for the 1PW problems?

Rodd is by far THE WORST. In any business if something fucks up the man in charge is to blame. Anybody who tries to defend that is an idiot.

Did anybody think anybody could top Gauntleys mistakes? The answer to this is simple enough...NO. 1PW needs to die and quick. It's a absolute parasite to the business. Rodd just jumped into the ship and tried to run a 'big company' with no experience and it totally shows. Its embarresing. Kris Sprules would had done a better job.

Archived