They'll Take On All Comers, No Matter The Size....

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

STEINERIIIIIIIZED, STEINERIIIIIZED, STEINERIIIIIIIIIIZED!!!

RickandScottSteiner.jpg

Appreciate these motherfuckers. The greatest tag team of all time, former All-Americans at Michigan University (And they enjoyed it so much they went back and DID IT AGAIN!), multiple time NWA/WCW/WWF tag champs, and at some point they even went over to Japan and kicked fuck out of everyone over there, just because they felt like it.

I need you lot to come in here, agree with me, and tell me why they're the best ever, favourite moments/matches etc. You know the drill.

This should go on for at least 100 pages.....

The Steiners were awesome. Watching the old Nitros, they're the one thing not named Lex Luger that you can rely on for fun. It's usually just them and two other guys rag dolling each other for a good 10 minutes untill they can't take anymore. Their match LOD around Feb/March of 1996 in particular is amazing.

Even their WWE run was great fun. Fond memories of their cage match with Money Inc.

• Paid Members
Their match LOD around Feb/March of 1996 in particular is amazing.

That's the match that inspired this thread, from this weeks Vintage Collection. Follows the same formula as the great SuperBrawl match with Sting/Luger except has a better finish, and is even harder hitting, crowd is electric as well. Great match.

• Paid Members

The Steiners were something to behold back then. I remember the first time I ever saw the Frankensteiner. It was incredible how Scott could jump that high from a standing position for a man his size. They had everything as far as a tag team went. Those suplexes were brutal as well. Scott was always the standout performer, though. A healthy Scott Steiner could go as well as anyone. His match with Goldberg was brilliant. Shame his title run in WCW was cut short, because on the mic and in the ring he was on top form. Nash, DDP and Sid were having good matches Scotty at a time when those three werent having good matches with anyone.

324580_f260.jpg

The Steiners were something to behold back then. I remember the first time I ever saw the Frankensteiner. It was incredible how Scott could jump that high from a standing position for a man his size. They had everything as far as a tag team went. Those suplexes were brutal as well. Scott was always the standout performer, though. A healthy Scott Steiner could go as well as anyone. His match with Goldberg was brilliant. Shame his title run in WCW was cut short, because on the mic and in the ring he was on top form. Nash, DDP and Sid were having good matches Scotty at a time when those three werent having good matches with anyone.

324580_f260.jpg

Is that Goldberg match the ( WCW Hell In A Cell) Cage match from Nitro?

• Paid Members

324580_f260.jpg

Is that Goldberg match the WCW (Hell In A Cell) Cage match from Nitro?

Nope. The Disqo Duck was the man of the match in that one. The one from Fall Brawl 2000.

• Paid Members

the Steiners were one of those teams that i always knew about but never saw before they came into the WWF...i never watched WCW because it was never on (well it would get random late night ITV slots sometimes), but i always bought the magazine and bought the toys...they were great though, wish i'd got have seen more of their WCW run as it happened.

It's hard to believe that the Scott Steiner that performed in the tag team back in the day is Big Poppa Pump though.

I agree 100%. The Steiners are the greatest tag team in the history of our fine sport.

I love the Pat O'Conner memorial tourney from Starrcade 90. Especially the final V Muta and Saito, The debut in the WWF against the Bevs and of course the taped for video match against Bret and Owen. In fact I loved every match I ever saw The Steiners in because they were in it.

The Steiners were awesome. Watching the old Nitros, they're the one thing not named Lex Luger that you can rely on for fun. It's usually just them and two other guys rag dolling each other for a good 10 minutes untill they can't take anymore.

Agree, I've been watching old Nitro's too and they've yet to really have a bad match. They just beat up whoever they come across, including Harlem Heat who they had some really good matches with in June/July/August 1996. And the theme song was awesome too.

• Paid Members

The subject line at first made me think of Rescue Rangers, but then I remembered that was "no case too big, no case too small." But then, I'm not sure Rick and Scott wouldn't have been equally good at fighting crime.

My favourite Steiners memories are all their WWF squash matches were they were battering jobbers with seldom-seen-in-WWF moves like the belly to belly overhead suplex, butterfly suplex and tiger driver, and their fearsome Doomsday-style bulldog and DDT. And every kid at my school knew the Frankensteiner was the best wrestling move ever.

And that interview where their sister tells Toad Pettingil that she would bring her dates home "and they'd see Rob and Scott and be like, I'm outta here!"

Archived