They'll Take On All Comers, No Matter The Size....

CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members
I love the Pat O'Conner memorial tourney from Starrcade 90. Especially the final V Muta and Saito,

Same here. Starrcade 90 is one of my favourite shows.

Rick Steiner not bothering to catch Rocco Rock always raises a smile too.

I remember the first time I ever saw the Frankensteiner.

Likewise - the first time i saw it was the Royal Rumble 93 and he spiked one of the Bevelly Bluthers right on his head. He looked dead.

I quite liked them, but evidently not as much as most on here. I wished they hung around the WWF for a bit longer though. Wouldn't have minded seeing them v Michaels/Diesel, MOM, Gunns, Owen/Yoko, New Foundation, Bam Bam/IRS, and more Quebecers matches as their Quebec rules title change was great stuff. Wonder why they were missing for a month or so around the time of WMX?....

I think that yutube match is the first time i've ever saw Animal flying from the top rope.

The Steiners are indeed incredible, my favourite tag team by a mile. Loved them as a kid because they were colourful and their music in the wwf was the shit and love them even more now because I can't remember seeing them have a bad match. Some stand out more than others but their standard by the numbers matches were well above average. They could come out do the same routine every match and it just doesn't bore me. Rick does his awesome catch in mid air powerslam, Scott looks at crowd and goes "UHH" then does a underhook powerbowb followed by that weird celebration fist pump thing, they throw people all over the place, throw some stiff clotheslines, bark like dogs, frankensteiner, goodnight, youve been STEINERIIIIIZED. I know what i'm getting and it's unbeatable. As I said their very best stuff is a bit different and more than likely my favourite tag matches ever, Wrestlewar 92, Japan Supershow, Summerslam 93, Beach Blast 92 and many more. Thank the lord for Rick and Scott Steiner.

The steiners came up with some of the best moves ever, but my favourite has got to be the steiner screwdriver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kppGpbm8EHk

awesome

Fucking dangerous move but VERY cool.

Top rope DDT also looked nasty. Scott Steiner's til-a-whirl and Frankensteiner were absolutely amazing. At the time [early 90's] I had never seen anything like either move before.

...and yes, the Steiners brutalising of a young Takashi [Takayuki] Iizuka is forever burned in my mind. Poor guy.

Apparently they were known as the 'Steiner Animals' and its not hard to see why.

• Paid Members

They're my favourite ever tag team. I'd never seen them before they came to the WWF but I was amazed by them - their moves were innovative, they chucked people around like no-one else I'd ever seen, and there was of course the Frankensteiner which I think I actually screamed at when I first saw it. My favourite stuff of theirs in WWF was their feud with The Quebecers, who I also loved.

Didn't somebody on her put together a DVD collection of all their very best matches across all the different feds they worked for? I'd love to see that pop up again because I'm sick of trying to track down their matches on YouTube.

Yeah I remember loving them when I was younger (still do) but they wouldn't be my favorite team but they are certainly up there. Top 5/3 maybe. All I remembered was seeing that these guys were cool as hell, absolutely badass despite wearing neon coloured singlets, unique moves that I'd never seen before, and of course they just brutalised everyone they came across.

The first time I watched them was the Halloween Havoc Chamber of Horrors match, and they shone in that despite it being balls.

Archived