Ask Dixie! She Answers!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Besides, my point is comparing Dixie Carter to Vince McMahon is like comparing Simon Jordan to Roman Abromavich.

IIRC, though, Panda Energy is a much bigger company overall than WWE. In terms of business, the Carters are much richer and probably more successful. It's just in wrestling McMahon's more successful.

The fact she's dragged them up from the mess they were in 2003 is commendable. She might not know much about wrestling storylines or building characters or what have you, but she has her ducks in a row as far as a lot of things about her business. TNA is quite popular in several countries, she's got them big licensing deals and sponserships, she's got them well in with a television network who backs them with money and pays for new talent which is an achievement in itself considering the lack of TV networks interested in a wrestling show. Even though TNA doesnt look it watching the show, she's by far the best thing to happen to that promotion. What other person would have lasted as long as she has without throwing the towel in?

yes, you can..... when Dixie has also made herself a legitimate billionaire off the back of the pro-wrestling industry.

He isnt a legitimate billionaire though.

I believe he was though? Im open to correction though. Besides, my point is comparing Dixie Carter to Vince McMahon is like comparing Simon Jordan to Roman Abromavich.

WWE at one point in the 2000's WAS valued at over US$1 Billion but as it's a PLC Vince only owns a percentage of the shares.

Post global financial fuck-up the company is obviously worth far less than it was at it's peak.

• Paid Members
Its the same every year, but if you give the burly man a wowwypop he lets you have an extra 20 seconds with Hernadez. I took a nice girl with me last year and he let us have a full minute with Sarita and Taylor Wilde. Of course we were rushed on when we go to Earl Hebner....

The first year in Coventry the meet and greet was fucking ace, it was relaxed and well paced and put out with every one having their own stand, and every one but Rhino was friendly and game for a chat and photo. Meeting LAX was fucking ace and both were sound and a laugh. Earl was just wandering about doing signings for people and again seemed sound, and Scott D'Amore was milling about too.

The next year in Birmingham was a shit rush job, most people couldn't give a toss and even those who could couldn't actually do anything because people were just being pushed along and past them on one long table, Alex Shelly in particular seemed a right dick to every one in our part of the line. No photos, JJ didn't even look at people or what he was given when signing as he was to busy talking to who ever was sat next to him not giving a shit same with angle and Steiner. Some dick head kept rushing every one and being a bit heavy handed. It was a right let down after the previous years sterling meet and great.

@TNADixie if Vince Russo had as much faith in his product as you do in him, surely he wouldn't need to sit down and explain it to you?

My question to Ms Carter.

Thats a baffling one. What exactly was the question there?

How can someone in this thread say that Dixie "doesn't understand the wrestling business".

Although she is no creative genius I can guarantee that after several years running TNA she understands it perfectly; certainly more than a wrestling fan on a message board.

I will clarify that of course a lot of TNA's booking has been piss-poor but to me it is the best wrestling show on TV.

It's like dismissing Michael Cole as a nobody when he knows more about wrestling booking and psychology than most people walking the earth.

Its the same every year, but if you give the burly man a wowwypop he lets you have an extra 20 seconds with Hernadez. I took a nice girl with me last year and he let us have a full minute with Sarita and Taylor Wilde. Of course we were rushed on when we go to Earl Hebner....

The first year in Coventry the meet and greet was fucking ace, it was relaxed and well paced and put out with every one having their own stand, and every one but Rhino was friendly and game for a chat and photo. Meeting LAX was fucking ace and both were sound and a laugh. Earl was just wandering about doing signings for people and again seemed sound, and Scott D'Amore was milling about too.

The next year in Birmingham was a shit rush job, most people couldn't give a toss and even those who could couldn't actually do anything because people were just being pushed along and past them on one long table, Alex Shelly in particular seemed a right dick to every one in our part of the line. No photos, JJ didn't even look at people or what he was given when signing as he was to busy talking to who ever was sat next to him not giving a shit same with angle and Steiner. Some dick head kept rushing every one and being a bit heavy handed. It was a right let down after the previous years sterling meet and great.

I jest. We were lucky enough to be at the front of the F.I queue and we got time to chat with all in attendance, bar Rob Terry who buggered off for a piss or something 5 minutes in.

I was mildly disappointed in the lack of Angle, Joe, Hamada etc, but I was happy with everyone else, even Earl Hebner who was rather jovial and witty. Even my non-wrestling fan girlfriend of the time wanted to get snapped with everyone, and most wrestlers signed whatever I threw at them. People were asked politely to pick up the pace, but I have no problem with that considering the volume of people in attendance.

I can't knock TNA for my experiences with them.

• Paid Members
I jest. We were lucky enough to be at the front of the F.I queue and we got time to chat with all in attendance, bar Rob Terry who buggered off for a piss or something 5 minutes in.

I was mildly disappointed in the lack of Angle, Joe, Hamada etc, but I was happy with everyone else, even Earl Hebner who was rather jovial and witty. Even my non-wrestling fan girlfriend of the time wanted to get snapped with everyone, and most wrestlers signed whatever I threw at them. People were asked politely to pick up the pace, but I have no problem with that considering the volume of people in attendance.

I jest not, the first year was really amazing stuff but the next was really a downer, which isn't great the afternoon before the show. The names were good and they would sign anything, but thats mostly because half of them weren't even looking, didn't have time to question it or just couldn't have cared. JJ could have signed a best of Braden Walker set and not noticed. It was such a shame because as I say that first year was boss and I'm sure if it was better laid out and organized the people who did care would have been able to show it.

Although she is no creative genius I can guarantee that after several years running TNA she understands it perfectly; certainly more than a wrestling fan on a message board.

No, we've all read The Death Of WCW.

Hogan signing with TNA was the facepalm heard around the world.

• Paid Members

And most people with sense have laughed off half the biased bollocks that fills half the fucking book.

I jest not, the first year was really amazing stuff but the next was really a downer, which isn't great the afternoon before the show. The names were good and they would sign anything, but thats mostly because half of them weren't even looking, didn't have time to question it or just couldn't have cared. JJ could have signed a best of Braden Walker set and not noticed. It was such a shame because as I say that first year was boss and I'm sure if it was better laid out and organized the people who did care would have been able to show it.

Which show did you attend, out of interest?

And most people with sense have laughed off half the biased bollocks that fills half the fucking book.

It's basic message is quite simple. With Hogan comes Hogan's crippled mates. Bischoff only ever had one idea (ok it was a belter of an idea). Vince Russo is both stupid and insane. Between them they will spend all of your money on wrestling shows people laugh at.

Then you go out of business.

The End

• Paid Members
With Hogan comes Hogan's crippled mates.

Did you miss the first part of the book where broke the merchandise, attendance and PPV buyrate record in a single night and then spent the next 4 years as their biggest attraction and drawing big houses?

Bischoff only ever had one idea (ok it was a belter of an idea).

And what was that? Signing Hulk Hogan, creating the nWo, creating a live prime time wrestling show and putting Nitro head to head with Raw, signing talent from New Japan, WAR and AAA and filling the programs up with the best matches you seen on TV in the mid-90s or pushing Bill Goldberg to the moon and not stopping his push which all lead to WCW becoming a profitable organisation from 1995-1998 and becoming the king of PPV and television in the United States? Which one of those was his one idea?

Then you go out of business.

Yeah, because it was that simple wasnt it?

Archived