Ask Dixie! She Answers!

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

DDD isn't totally wrong though. To say she knows nothing about the wrestling business would be wrong, she's been in it a while now. She's seriously naive though and she continues to make poor decisions that have stumped any growth TNA was making.

That she thinks this current story is something fans will love shows she's not totally in tune with the audience.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Dixie: Kevin Nash was under contract with TNA and was just recently released for reasons I will not disclose.

^ I found that to be the most interesting part, especially since yesterday Nash confirmed in an interview that he had indeed signed a contract with TNA back in January but decided to back out last week:

Nash admitted to signing with TNA in early-January, but after watching a few of the storylines unfold, including the segment where Angle dominated all members of Immortal and Abyss falling over on top of the entrance ramp, he decided there wasn't any reason for him to return.

Shortly after watching that edition of Impact, Nash and his wife both decided that going back to TNA wasn't in his best interest. Follow that with a call from WWE's John Laurinaitis (Executive Vice President of Talent Relations), the decision to back out of of his TNA contract and return to the WWE was an easy one to make.

How do you back out of a "signed" contract? You cant even do that on Premier Manager 93. He had a verbal agreement, and after he saw the direction in which the storyline was going he told them to hop it, because unlike the rest of the TNA roster and himself when he was tied to a contract, he had the say-so to tell them the idea was lousy. TNA should never have ran an angle with characters they only had verbal agreements with. I wouldnt blame Nash at all.

Dixie: Kevin Nash was under contract with TNA and was just recently released for reasons I will not disclose.

^ I found that to be the most interesting part, especially since yesterday Nash confirmed in an interview that he had indeed signed a contract with TNA back in January but decided to back out last week:

Nash admitted to signing with TNA in early-January, but after watching a few of the storylines unfold, including the segment where Angle dominated all members of Immortal and Abyss falling over on top of the entrance ramp, he decided there wasn't any reason for him to return.

Shortly after watching that edition of Impact, Nash and his wife both decided that going back to TNA wasn't in his best interest. Follow that with a call from WWE's John Laurinaitis (Executive Vice President of Talent Relations), the decision to back out of of his TNA contract and return to the WWE was an easy one to make.

How do you back out of a "signed" contract? You cant even do that on Premier Manager 93. He had a verbal agreement, and after he saw the direction in which the storyline was going he told them to hop it, because unlike the rest of the TNA roster and himself when he was tied to a contract, he had the say-so to tell them the idea was lousy. TNA should never have ran an angle with characters they only had verbal agreements with. I wouldnt blame Nash at all.

I'm gonna need to check my posts as I'm sure a few months ago I jokingly said on here that Nash will get fed up of TNA and bail out to WWE by doing the WCW 93 routine "oh I'm sick of the business, my wife's gonna leave me, my son hates me, can you give me my release" and then faxing a copy over to Johnny Ace from Dixie's fax machine :rolleyes:

• Moderators
That she thinks this current story is something fans will love shows she's not totally in tune with the audience.

To be honest, I'd doubt she actually thinks people would love it. But she's hardly going to say "We were booked into a corner, and the way we got out is quite shit. I don't think you people watching at home will like it one iota."

That she thinks this ******* ****** is something fans will love shows she's not totally in tune with the audience.

You could say that about Vince McMahon though, he seems to think that the fans want to see another Orton/Cena feud, but their staredown and teases at the Rumble were matched with abject silence. For every 'Dixie doesn't know what the fans want' you can say the same thing about Vince ten times over.

That she thinks this Fortune swerve is something fans will love shows she's not totally in tune with the audience.

You could say that about Vince McMahon though, he seems to think that the fans want to see another Orton/Cena feud, but their staredown and teases at the Rumble were matched with abject silence. For every 'Dixie doesn't know what the fans want' you can say the same thing about Vince ten times over.

yes, you can..... when Dixie has also made herself a legitimate billionaire off the back of the pro-wrestling industry.

• Paid Members

The fact she's dragged them up from the mess they were in 2003 is commendable. She might not know much about wrestling storylines or building characters or what have you, but she has her ducks in a row as far as a lot of things about her business. TNA is quite popular in several countries, she's got them big licensing deals and sponserships, she's got them well in with a television network who backs them with money and pays for new talent which is an achievement in itself considering the lack of TV networks interested in a wrestling show. Even though TNA doesnt look it watching the show, she's by far the best thing to happen to that promotion. What other person would have lasted as long as she has without throwing the towel in?

yes, you can..... when Dixie has also made herself a legitimate billionaire off the back of the pro-wrestling industry.

He isnt a legitimate billionaire though.

DDD isn't totally wrong though. To say she knows nothing about the wrestling business would be wrong, she's been in it a while now. She's seriously naive though and she continues to make poor decisions that have stumped any growth TNA was making.

Uh... spoilers? Where's a mod when you need one :rolleyes:

EDIT: nice one, mods.

The fact she's dragged them up from the mess they were in 2003 is commendable. She might not know much about wrestling storylines or building characters or what have you, but she has her ducks in a row as far as a lot of things about her business. TNA is quite popular in several countries, she's got them big licensing deals and sponserships, she's got them well in with a television network who backs them with money and pays for new talent which is an achievement in itself considering the lack of TV networks interested in a wrestling show. Even though TNA doesnt look it watching the show, she's by far the best thing to happen to that promotion. What other person would have lasted as long as she has without throwing the towel in?

He isnt a legitimate billionaire though.

I believe he was though? Im open to correction though. Besides, my point is comparing Dixie Carter to Vince McMahon is like comparing Simon Jordan to Roman Abromavich.

• Paid Members
I believe he was though? Im open to correction though. Besides, my point is comparing Dixie Carter to Vince McMahon is like comparing Simon Jordan to Roman Abromavich.

Your point isn't what this original question was. She's running a start up company during a time when there is a wrestling monopoly. Why has she succeeded where all those other start up promotions have failed and continue to fail? She's done a good job getting TNA to the level it has. Vince McMahon thought he could run a American Football League, Boxing promotions, Bodybuilding Federations, Movie Companies and other things. And he fucked up the Invasion angle, which was essencially a golden egg for at least two years. He's not perfect. He's not always on the pulse of what the audience wants is my point. She's enjoyed more success in his world, than he has in other forms of entertainment.

Archived