St. Valentine is also patron saint of epileptics and bee keepers.

SpursRiot2012

I don't mind Valentines when it's on a normal clubbing night, and monday is a fairly big student night in quite a few cities. You get a much better ratio of single girls as all the taken ones are at home or in some cheesy restaurant with their boyfriend doing something they suppose is 'romantic', and girls who are drinking in a bar on Valentine's night aren't usually at their choosiest. If you do somehow get knocked back, at least you can take comfort in the knowledge it's because you're an ugly charmless cunt rather than any of that 'I've got a boyfriend' nonsense.

Failing that, it's a pizza and a wank for me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Pretending Treating it like any other day.

Last time I was single on Valentines I was still at the parental home working in a pub, and went out and got trashed after work with two of the barmaids not needing to be anywhere the morning after. Currently doing the 9 til 5 and living with my equally useless mate, so work-telly-pint-telly-bed.

Ive never been the guy to book a restaurant on Velantines Day, I cant stand the obvious shame of sitting there alongside all of the other lame blokes who only took their Wife/GF out because they felt they had to. Instead I always do something special a week or so before Valentines Day so I dont have to go through all of that.

A lot of people ask me, "SSB, you're a giant superstar. You can get any woman. Have you ever paid for sex?' And the answer is yes, I have. Several times, in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything and sometimes, even just kind of do stuff in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument.
Lets hope you haven't been to Slough! :laugh:

• Moderators
I don't mind Valentines when it's on a normal clubbing night, and monday is a fairly big student night in quite a few cities. You get a much better ratio of single girls as all the taken ones are at home or in some cheesy restaurant with their boyfriend doing something they suppose is 'romantic', and girls who are drinking in a bar on Valentine's night aren't usually at their choosiest. If you do somehow get knocked back, at least you can take comfort in the knowledge it's because you're an ugly charmless cunt rather than any of that 'I've got a boyfriend' nonsense.

I'm not in a student town so Monday means nothing to me, but I agree with this sentiment. When it was on a Saturday a couple years back I had a real fun night at the local bars; just me and one other single mate and there were loads of single girls out.

Apart from that, though, Valentine's Day has never been more than just another day since I was a child at school. I don't really even register that it's happening unless I'm actively reminded of it.

If I'm working, I'll spend my day telling people that there's no Valentine's Day special. If not, I may drag singles to a bar and we can auction of the women in the group to desperate guys for a giggle.

:laugh:

Brilliant.

At school I was once told off for giving a Valentines card to my mate because it was wrong to for a boy to give it to another boy. I apologised and went on my merry way. A teacher would get in shit for that now wouldn't they? The mid nineties were a simpler time I suppose.

Archived