St. Valentine is also patron saint of epileptics and bee keepers.

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Seems a good a place as any to post this.

article-1356779-0D2A9FAF000005DC-561_634x441.jpg

The saddest Valentine in Britain: Dumped student hunts for Mr Right with a sandwich board at the side of the road

While all around the country, sweethearts are opening their Valentine's cards today, spare a thought for this broken-hearted young lass.

Janie Brown's boyfriend Steve called time on their six-month romance yesterday and rather than mope, she decided to fix herself up with a date straight away.

The 20-year-old, who is studying History at Birmingham University, put together a 3ft sandwich board and cut a pathetic figure standing beside a busy main road advertising her loneliness.

Janie said she didn't want to spend the 'day alone' because it would be 'depressing' and thought a passer by would 'take pity on her'.

She said: 'Well my boyfriend dumped me yesterday and I thought instead of moping around the house all day I would go out and get a date.

'I was worth more than that rat bag anyway. No one wants to be alone for Valentines day.

'It was my friend's idea to do it, she dared me, but I just thought why not.

I haven't had any success as yet, but I'm confident that by the end of the day I will find a guy to take me out. I'm very determined.

'I'm young and outgoing - so I'm sure I'll find a guy.'

The student said this was the first time she had 'begged for a date'.

article-1356779-0D2AA5B9000005DC-167_634x522.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I got dumped back in my youth the day before valentines, it's nice. I feel sorry for the poor lass. Sod it, I would, if only for the night! Why not? At least you're guaranteed some action. Absolute worst case scenario, you get more experience under your belt and you could have a natter about history afterwards. I dig history.

I might take a trip up to Birmingham and book a travel lodge.

• Paid Members
Is it though? Think about it, how busy do you reckon the roads are in Birmingham? There's every chance she'd meet someone at a place several people congregate. Ideally, she'd be by a layby so people have a place to park should they wish to whisk her away.

What normal bloke would pick up a young girl off the side of the road.

If it i drove past her i would

A: Think she had a knife and was going to kill me.

B:Was going to drug me over a drink and rob me.

C: Have me jumped by her much bigger boyfriend get beaten up and then rob me.

I wouldn't think there is a lovely young lady with a cardboard box around her asking me for a great evening out. Who is going to stop and let her in thier car or swap numbers with her. You said that ideally she'd be by a laybay. The bloke picking her up is leaving her in a layby and Pat is making another thread.

Is it though? Think about it, how busy do you reckon the roads are in Birmingham? There's every chance she'd meet someone at a place several people congregate. Ideally, she'd be by a layby so people have a place to park should they wish to whisk her away.

I wouldn't think there is a lovely young lady with a cardboard box around her asking me for a great evening out. Who is going to stop and let her in thier car or swap numbers with her. You said that ideally she'd be by a laybay. The bloke picking her up is leaving her in a layby and Pat is making another thread.

I wouldnt think anything like that when I see theres reporters flashing cameras at her. Id just think, ha, a pathetic publicity stunt to fill some column inches.

• Paid Members

Except that A) She isn't trying to kill you she's trying to date you, B) She wants to go for a drink with you for company, not to drug you and C) she DOESN'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT. Where is the love?

• Paid Members

Except that A) She isn't trying to kill you she's trying to date you, B) She wants to go for a drink with you for company, not to drug you and C) she DOESN'T HAVE A BOYFRIEND WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT. Where is the love?

Yeah but you only know this because of the UKFF. Where do you live? If there was a random girl with a sign saying take me out my boyfriend just dumped would you. I wouldn't for fear of my above points i would not have anything against anyone who did take her out but would assume it was dangerous and a set up.

How many women would be interested in a bloke who did the same thing?

• Paid Members

Yeah but you only know this because of the UKFF.

The UKFF. Serious fucking business.

• Paid Members

So, I went out last night......I PULLED!!! And she likes wrestling, we watched Raw live. And then we did it afterwards. It was fucking awesome! She's a first year at Uni who I'd never previously spoken to before last night. She was a mutual friend of someone in my year basically. Everyone was flirting and mucking about what with it being valentines and all that, so we danced a little and eventually we wound up back at mine, watched Raw, and then got down to it.

Best, valentines day, ever. I literally couldn't make it up. She even likes watching football. I may very well have struck gold here. Over the moon.

Archived