UK WRESTLING EXPIERENCE

seanz25

The production needs work but I think everyone involved knows this. I think the whole thing is going to be a learning curve.

The venue came off really well on TV I thought. The atmosphere was genuinely quite good on the night.

Oh, and Robbie X has seen the inside of a gym - he sees it 5 days a week. So enough of the lame digs, yeh?

opinion of me Danny.. not 1PW. but i don't want to get blasted for using my Billy Bop account..

So you openly admit the promotion's product needs improvement YET it still gets put on TV. so while the matches might be average. its going to look shit because the production is terrible. not really a way for for UK Wrestling is it? i don't think ANY promotion in the UK has good enough production values for TV, the closest one i would hazard a guess would be FWA. and that's simply as they have some very talented people behind the production team and generally a good solid roster.

while i can only say what i have been told from someone else. i cannot confirm if its true or false but a fair few workers said the TV was a bad idea.. but yet they still agree to work on the show.. of course they will its a payday. but does that not say something? i think some people should just stand back and see the bigger picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic08scNm5zY - am sorry but the building looks like it needs a lot of work done to it too. am trying not to bash another promotion. but i just feel that the show is doing more harm then good. i mean great a promotion got a TV deal. but for wrestling in general.. its not doing anyone, any favours. IMO of course.

Good thing they didn't have any fireworks then isn't it Danny

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL @ 1PW criticising anyone over anything ever.

As i said its myself NOT 1PWs as a whole. because i don't know what Lynskey's or Curtis's opinion on this is or because i have a promotion does that make my opinion any less?

• Paid Members

because i have a promotion does that make my opinion any less?

Any less what? Finish your sentence.

Assuming you meant 'any less valid' and considering your promotion is 1PW; then yes - of course it does. How can someone who owns 1PW possibly criticise anyone else for not being professional? You're just a clueless kid who runs shows at a loss.

It's like Sprules calling Staniforth a shitarse - they're both shitarses, FFS!

Assuming you meant 'any less valid' and considering your promotion is 1PW; then yes - of course it does. How can someone who owns 1PW possibly criticise anyone else for not being professional? You're just a clueless kid who runs shows at a loss.

Rightttt okay.. that makes sense :rolleyes:

Nice edit. all just to add in "You're just a clueless kid who runs shows at a loss." thanks for that mate haha

• Paid Members

Nice edit. all just to add in "You're just a clueless kid who runs shows at a loss." thanks for that mate haha

What's with the rolleyes & "haha"? Is that your defence mechanism?

• Paid Members

You're saying UKW shouldn't be on TV until they have sufficient production qualities.

I'm saying you shouldn't be running shows unless you have sufficient funds to pay the talent & refund the fans for cancellations.

Simple, no?

You're saying UKW shouldn't be on TV until they have sufficient production qualities.

I'm saying you shouldn't be running shows unless you have sufficient funds to pay the talent & refund the fans for cancellations.

Simple, no?

True, which is why we cancelled The Pain in The Park show :)

Simple, no?

So the guy gets criticised for trying to run a show. at least hes attempting to achieve his dream. i think it was eintstein who said that those who have never made mistakes have never attempted anything new or ambitious. And i agree with him, production wise it gives the uk a bad name. i believe only the fwa or ipw could od the uk scene justice on tv

• Paid Members

Simple, no?

So the guy gets criticised for trying to run a show. at least hes attempting to achieve his dream. i think it was eintstein who said that those who have never made mistakes have never attempted anything new or ambitious. And i agree with him, production wise it gives the uk a bad name. i believe only the fwa or ipw could od the uk scene justice on tv

Y'see though... 1PW have made the same mistakes over & over & keep losing money - in fact, they're still trying to run shows, which will no doubt lose more money, until they make yet another comeback, only to repeat it all again.

I don't think Einstein was endorsing the inability to learn from mistakes - he was referring to making some mistakes along the way (yes; small mistakes - not glaring & repeated fundamental errors), and learning from them, then improving, and then eventually succeeding through perseverance & aptitude.

Note the last word. It's very important.

Bottom line it was great to see British Wrestling on TV, and a great platform to help build some young stars. Main gripes same with everyone was the production, the intro took far too long and wasted good TV time and the hosts sucked big time and need changing but as stated earlier it will be a steep learning curve and its great to see it on TV again. I look forward to further shows, hopefully an hour could be put out to give more matches some time. Good luck guys :thumbsup:

Simple, no?

Y'see though... 1PW have made the same mistakes over & over & keep losing money - in fact, they're still trying to run shows, which will no doubt lose more money, until they make yet another comeback, only to repeat it all again.

I don't think Einstein was endorsing the inability to learn from mistakes - he was referring to making some mistakes along the way (yes; small mistakes - not glaring & repeated fundamental errors), and learning from them, then improving, and then eventually succeeding through perseverance & aptitude.

Note the last word. It's very important.

Can't believe I'm going to take some heat off 1PW here, especially since I agree with herbie more often than not, but herbie jumping in to criticise 1PW's comments about show production then an attack on the people running it. Danny did say his views were his own not the company and also said he believed FWA was the only company with the production to put a show on TV he didn't attack UKW to make them look less than 1PW and only said what has been said by everyone else. Considering 1PW did have a tv show I think hes qualified to say from 1PWs mistakes that this show isn't going to work either. Who knows maybe one day a british company could get back on national tv on the super successful TWC :rolleyes:

Let the attack on me begin for that post herbie but I'm just trying to say that the way you went about attacking Danny for losing money and not having a successful company was just a reminder of your success.

Archived