UK WRESTLING EXPIERENCE

seanz25

Rightttt okay.. that makes sense :rolleyes:

You're saying UKW shouldn't be on TV until they have sufficient production qualities.

I'm saying you shouldn't be running shows unless you have sufficient funds to pay the talent & refund the fans for cancellations.

Simple, no?

True, which is why we cancelled The Pain in The Park show :)

So the guy gets criticised for trying to run a show. at least hes attempting to achieve his dream. i think it was eintstein who said that those who have never made mistakes have never attempted anything new or ambitious. And i agree with him, production wise it gives the uk a bad name. i believe only the fwa or ipw could od the uk scene justice on tv

Y'see though... 1PW have made the same mistakes over & over & keep losing money - in fact, they're still trying to run shows, which will no doubt lose more money, until they make yet another comeback, only to repeat it all again.

I don't think Einstein was endorsing the inability to learn from mistakes - he was referring to making some mistakes along the way (yes; small mistakes - not glaring & repeated fundamental errors), and learning from them, then improving, and then eventually succeeding through perseverance & aptitude.

Note the last word. It's very important.

Herbie in "wading in with smart arse comment shocker"

I didn't watch the show so can't comment but fair play to the company for being able to get some of their product on TV

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so are you the camera man, ref, time keeper, brother, mother, sister, partner or promoter?

nope

Ok i accept that you are a casual my channel viewer who happened to see the TV show and thought you know what I'm going to join a forum and make a post about the show I've just seen.

For what its worth i think this show will do more harm than good but if they are making moeny from it good on them.

so are you the camera man, ref, time keeper, brother, mother, sister, partner or promoter?

nope

Ok i accept that you are a casual my channel viewer who happened to see the TV show and thought you know what I'm going to join a forum and make a post about the show I've just seen.

For what its worth i think this show will do more harm than good but if they are making moeny from it good on them.

I dont think my channel have casual viewers really tbh. No I am a wrestling fan who watched the show and didnt think it deserved ALL the negative comments.. thats it really

• Paid Members

nope

I dont think my channel have casual viewers really tbh. No I am a wrestling fan who watched the show and didnt think it deserved ALL the negative comments.. thats it really

So you just happened to hear these negative comments after watching the show, and thought you would register on here just to defend it? Oh-kay.

So you just happened to hear these negative comments after watching the show, and thought you would register on here just to defend it? Oh-kay.

To be fair if somebody joined here a week after the Royal Rumble, thought to themselves "well I saw that" and then started to defend it nobody would say "So you just happened to hear these negative comments..." Though I suppose the advice to people trying to act like casual posters would be to actually post some stuff in some of the forums the way that casual posters kinda do.

Oh and surely everyone is entitled to an opionion...except Danny at 1PW it would seem :)

At the EOTD I'm pretty sure they knew the sound wasn't perfect and judging by the amount of gear used to film it there must have been a problem somewhere- you don' turn up with two or three HD cameras and not bring a mic. Their other stuff on Youtube has better sound than this too.

Though looking at their website it would appear the show was taped only a few days before it was on too which sound problems aside is quite impressive.

As for the presenters...well...maybe Ant and Dec were already booked:)

Though I suppose the question is who would you get to host a wrestling show???

To be fair if somebody joined here a week after the Royal Rumble, thought to themselves "well I saw that" and then started to defend it nobody would say "So you just happened to hear these negative comments..." Though I suppose the advice to people trying to act like casual posters would be to actually post some stuff in some of the forums the way that casual posters kinda do.

Oh and surely everyone is entitled to an opionion...except Danny at 1PW it would seem :)

At the EOTD I'm pretty sure they knew the sound wasn't perfect and judging by the amount of gear used to film it there must have been a problem somewhere- you don' turn up with two or three HD cameras and not bring a mic. Their other stuff on Youtube has better sound than this too.

Though looking at their website it would appear the show was taped only a few days before it was on too which sound problems aside is quite impressive.

As for the presenters...well...maybe Ant and Dec were already booked:)

Though I suppose the question is who would you get to host a wrestling show???

indeed so it does :laugh:

nope

that is my EXACT worry. you have Bring Back Wrestling up there saying they have spent 2years on something. and if this show fucks up.. it fucks it up for them, and everyone else who is working hard. as stated i don't think any company is ready for TV.. Yet. 1PW surely aren't. FWA and PBW would be the close contenders for TV imo. am really not taking digs at UKW, fair play they got a TV deal.. that is great. but why rush? you have the product. really, and i mean really build it. put a coat of paint on the walls, use more well known talent with the guys you want to use. focus on the production in general and then really set the bar for everyone to try and achieve.. don't rush in and jizz your pants because you have a TV deal. if i felt 1PW was ready i would have really waited until the product was near perfect. until i wanted to take it to TV. look at FWA as i said, they have brilliant production. storylines.. okay. thats something different. but i think even FWA know they have a bit of a way to go before been good enough to make UK Wrestling look good again for TV. all i feel this is going to do is set everyone back a number of years again.

I've not seen it yet is it a collection of live shows like RQW TV or is it made for TV like RAW and TNA?

After the work I've put in over the last 2 years I will be really interested to see what happens with the show.

Erm... 1PW Bringbackwrestling said nothing about this fucking anyhing up for them???

I'm sure any "rushing in and jizzing" would be down to the TV channel saying when they need to air and not a choice thing.

If they are using the show as a platform to grow their own product then what is the harm-it's not like they are airing Celebrity Wrestling.

The wrestling wasn't too bad I mean the huge "straight out of WWE" looking fella was a bit sloppy in places but he's got a LOOK!!!

It seems alot of over analyzing for one twenty odd minute episode.

I think its worrying how many people have come into this thread just to say how bad it is. Yes I said some negative things about the show too but think of it this way.

I'm a wrestling fan, therefore the target audience. Rather than say this is shit I said this part needs something doing, this could use more work. Proper feedback from viewers telling them what they need to work on and letting them do that before another show gets pulled and gives TV executives another reason to view British wrestling as a failure that should be kept off our screens. Who knows its almost certain that someone associated with the promotion reads this forum and helpful feedback might help British wrestling rather than the backlash against it which can only "do more harm than good."

I agree that its a case of getting the things that didn't impress to be improved to the point where they are right. The matches weren't bad and while they have some duff roster members (don't we all), they have some great talent.

I get the dinstinct impression that its a case of buying TV time rather than earning a deal so I wouldn't worry about the show being pulled. That's not a pop at UKW, just an observation, fair play to them if they can do that. I just feel neither the company nor the channel should have aired that show til it was right and I hope they do that in future to put out a product that is well rounded and worth watching. At the moment it feels like a chore due to poor sound production but that doesn't mean they should give up, they should be inspired to improve the product and prove many wrong.

• Paid Members
I agree that its a case of getting the things that didn't impress to be improved to the point where they are right. The matches weren't bad and while they have some duff roster members (don't we all), they have some great talent.

I get the dinstinct impression that its a case of buying TV time rather than earning a deal so I wouldn't worry about the show being pulled. That's not a pop at UKW, just an observation, fair play to them if they can do that. I just feel neither the company nor the channel should have aired that show til it was right and I hope they do that in future to put out a product that is well rounded and worth watching. At the moment it feels like a chore due to poor sound production but that doesn't mean they should give up, they should be inspired to improve the product and prove many wrong.

The thing is, too many people are clamouring for British Wrestling to be on TV that it's some sort of holy grail, and willing to throw away common sense to get there.

Think of another show. Let's take Coronation Street. Now let's say it's filmed with a couple of handheld cameras bought from Maplin, uses a few local actors who have maybe been doing it for five years, and throw in a couple of people who think they're writers. Would it be pulled within a week? I'd bet it would be. Not even the name could save it if the show nose-dived to those depths.

So if I show like Coronation Street with 50 years of history behind it wouldn't be broadcast then what makes people think an up-start with the same level of production should be on TV? It's nonsensical. There's too many people clamouring for a slice of a pie that doesn't exist. If the wrestling scene were purged in order to clear the way for something with money and contacts to start a proper organisation training wrestlers how to act on TV, using proper production-level sound and video equipment, and filling a good-sized venue, then it may have a change of being looked at by a TV executive and not making him giggle just so loud.

I think British wrestling promoters should just focus on putting on good shows, and if a TV company comes knocking then fuckin' brilliant. You've done something right. But if you're having to go to TV stations to beg for TV time on an obscure digital channel, then you probably shouldn't be on TV in the first place. The problem with being on TV is you get compared to your competitors. And UK Wrestling Experience might think, "Great, lads! We're on TV! People are bound to flock in now!" then they're mistaken. Someone who lands on UK Wrestling Experience's show is going to compare its shortcomings to WWE, and go, "Ha-ha, look at these guys trying to be wrestlers."

It's a shame for UK Wrestling Experience, as I've heard good things about their live shows. But TV is far too much to bite off and chew for them or, as has been said before, any UK promotion at the moment.

Archived