UK WRESTLING EXPIERENCE

seanz25

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 match in and I'm thinking its not disasterous, but the commentary is drowned out by crowd noise to the point it might as well be a fan cam, and from the odd wors I have managed to hear thats not a bad thing. The other production flaw, when someone misses a senton it's really not smart to show the replay to sell the move.

Talent wise Robbie X is decent when I've seen him live but not the guy youd choose to put in the 1st match to advertise your promotion.

I do remembwer seeing a few UKW shows now and the set up and crowd seem good for a promotion this size so the TV show could be made much better with hardly any effort but the commentators really need replacing and making louder.

*EDIT *

Commentary seemed to be better in the 2nd match but still drowned out in places. They didn't seem as monotone all the way through this time either. The cameraman seemed to be out of position a few times though cutting off heads or being too far to one side. Think the camera insets were over used too. Way too many pointless shots of commentators popping up at the bottom and replays for nothing.

Still though shouldn't need too many changes to have a nice little product here and I can see myself watching weekly.

The production is appallingly amateurish and neither the company nor the channel should be broadcasting such poor production in relation to presenters and commentators. I have seen loads of dvds far superior in terms of production

That being said, all aspects of production only need obvious changes to work and with the top talent like Ligero on display it could be a canny little show if people put more time and effort into the output

yeh its 100% UKW, only went to 1 of their shows, the venue had no bar!!!!(I was gutted lol), and in the middle of the 2 out of 3 falls the wrestlers and ref forgot the rules half way through and pinned in a submission match.

I hope it is good and doesnt make some good promotions look silly. I know they have some good wrestlers but also some young kids and talent with a less than wrestling type body.

But more wrestling on TV is good, whatever the format

It's worth mentioning i'm guessing that was at Blackpool tower one of those wrestlers was the UK Dominator and the other was ex WWE'r Robbie McAllister.

I gotta ask...what exactly is a "less than wrestling body type"?

First show features matches shot last week with El Ligero and Robbie X.

Chris Hart, Jimmy Bludd, John Segewick, Lewey Paradise, Maz??

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/al...&aid=103532

No offence to these guys, just in my opinion is not the look of how I see wrestlers. Credit where credit due to get a TV deal but they are far from the best in the UK in terms of roster depth.

I agree with the first one :) Though Chris Hart hasn't been with them for maybe 6 months?

John Segewick is about 6'2 and not an ounce of fat on him and he's some kinda trained martial artist, Maz is about the same height and is probably around 230+lbs and looks like a monster, Lewey Paradise is a teenager who other than their training school shows has pretty much only ever lost matches unless it's the fluke victory (no one ever complained when Waltman was doing the 123 kid thing!) and Jimmy Bludd is a cruiserweight who obviously works out.

I could probably compare peeps on the UK 50 physique wise to 3 of those guys.

Their regulars include Val Kabious, Rufneck, Keith Myatt, El Ligero, Rob Cage, Dylan Roberts, Paul Malen, Danny Steel and that's just from looking at a few of their shows and they've had the likes of Manson, T-Bone and Joe Conners make appearances. I'm sure all of those have wrestling body types!

Obviously being in the North of England means alot of the London and southern type peeps won't be getting booked as often as it costs a fortune to get them there.

It's hardly on Sky 1 but it's still TV !!!

As I said no offence to those guys just saying my opinion on here and dont mean it to be negative. I do like how you run academy shows to improve your younger talent. Im only saying what I see through the eyes of a fan.

I do think there are some amazing talent living in Leeds though, Martin Kirby and Kris Travis would improve your product loads. I just think your a few additions off having a good product. I dont mean to have a dig at UKW, I travel all over the UK ever month and have seen lots of promotions and I travel to your area all the time for DPW and NBW. Im just trying to give some constructive criticism as to what me as a fan would want to see as surely that is what you should strive to achieve.

Good luck with your product, I hope it all goes well

I gotta ask...what exactly is a "less than wrestling body type"?

15-year-old kid who has never seen the inside of a gym I would guess.

So Robbie X then!!

Robbie X's entrance was where I totally lost interest.

After five minutes of opening credits, some shite presenters who we couldn't hear promising us DDT's and suplexes and a commentary team that we couldn't hear and who made Michael Cole and Matt Striker look good, we then get some 3ft 2in reception class kid trying to generate some crowd heat.

I heard Robbie X thought he had grown a pube the other day, but then he wee'd through it

The production needs work but I think everyone involved knows this. I think the whole thing is going to be a learning curve.

The venue came off really well on TV I thought. The atmosphere was genuinely quite good on the night.

Oh, and Robbie X has seen the inside of a gym - he sees it 5 days a week. So enough of the lame digs, yeh?

The production needs work but I think everyone involved knows this. I think the whole thing is going to be a learning curve.

The venue came off really well on TV I thought. The atmosphere was genuinely quite good on the night.

Oh, and Robbie X has seen the inside of a gym - he sees it 5 days a week. So enough of the lame digs, yeh?

Not really lame digs, just them voicing an opinion on someone. If you're going to put a show on TV, a very scrappy TV show you must be willing to deal with the backlash from the viewer.

opinion of me Danny.. not 1PW. but i don't want to get blasted for using my Billy Bop account..

So you openly admit the promotion's product needs improvement YET it still gets put on TV. so while the matches might be average. its going to look shit because the production is terrible. not really a way for for UK Wrestling is it? i don't think ANY promotion in the UK has good enough production values for TV, the closest one i would hazard a guess would be FWA. and that's simply as they have some very talented people behind the production team and generally a good solid roster.

while i can only say what i have been told from someone else. i cannot confirm if its true or false but a fair few workers said the TV was a bad idea.. but yet they still agree to work on the show.. of course they will its a payday. but does that not say something? i think some people should just stand back and see the bigger picture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic08scNm5zY - am sorry but the building looks like it needs a lot of work done to it too. am trying not to bash another promotion. but i just feel that the show is doing more harm then good. i mean great a promotion got a TV deal. but for wrestling in general.. its not doing anyone, any favours. IMO of course.

Archived