TNA FINALLY to take Impact on the road

OI OI SAVELOY

It'd be a bit of a cheat, but I reckon they'd be better off doing a PPV on the continent. NWE gets massive numbers all the time, mainly because those countries are so starved for wrestling. A show in, say, Italy or Spain could make them look BIG time for sure.

Good shout mate. I've seen NWE events with much weaker cards running huge venues that look pretty damn full.

The reason why those huge venues were pretty damn full was because at that particular time wrestling in general was really, really hot in the country. That is no longer the case in both Italy and Spain. The only country in Europe right now where wrestling has kinda been experiencing a surge in popularity is France but that surge in popularity is nowhere near to the extent of the boom in Italy and Spain several years ago so those big crowds that you're referring to are simply not a realistic possibility at this point in time.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
It'd be a bit of a cheat, but I reckon they'd be better off doing a PPV on the continent. NWE gets massive numbers all the time, mainly because those countries are so starved for wrestling. A show in, say, Italy or Spain could make them look BIG time for sure.

Surely that would only work if they hired the Ultimate Warrior with a number two skinhead?

They've always drawn numbers. With Hogan, Flair, the Hardyz, RVD, Steiner and Angle on the card, they'd probably pack the place out.

Mind you, pgi86 probably knows the score better than I do, so I bow to his knowledge on the matter.

• Paid Members

What are the TNA crowds sizes over here? When i saw the second tour was doing areans......i wouldnt believe it as i would of thought it wont sell out.

id imagine if they did a 1 off appearence for the year (no tours) but did a 1 show tv taping over here, it'd sell out.

• Paid Members

I went to the last Smackdown taping in Manchester & the crowd wasn't that much bigger than the last TNA house show I went to. Both events had the top tier blacked out, both had full floor seating & the vast majority of the lowe tier full. A large proportion of the lower tier was also taped off for the hard camera at Smackdown, it looked full on TV so TNA could pull of a taping in the UK with ease. Especially if they bought over their bigger names.

What are the TNA crowds sizes over here? When i saw the second tour was doing areans......i wouldnt believe it as i would of thought it wont sell out.

id imagine if they did a 1 off appearence for the year (no tours) but did a 1 show tv taping over here, it'd sell out.

The thing with TNA is they'll announce sell-outs or near sell outs when the reality is half the arena floorspace was curtained off and some of the tiered sections are also curtained.

I hope this a sucess and they return to the venue they are doing the taping in later in the year. My cousin lives a 2 hour drive from this so i wouldnt need to pay for any accomodation. Next month is too soon to arrange something together to go.

TNA pretty much sold out in 2008 the smaller venues. 2009 was when they did 4-5 Arenas ranging from coventry size to MEN. I think the MEN was only half full tops. The plan was to half use the venues anyway I belive which is fine if it is cost effective and will allow more tickets

Where it worked well was Wembley which I believe in 2009 they didnt sell out as such but every good seat was taken and there was over 8000 paid there.

Last year they had the most tour dates ever, with 8-10 dates if I recall (eitherway the most dates they have ever done and more than WWE usually do or at least similar) Where as the MEN and Wembley did well. They were down due to the localalised shows such as bournemouth, which was 2000 paid if they are lucky (the whole top tier was empty and there must have been in some places 2 rows between price differences of

Archived