TNA FINALLY to take Impact on the road

OI OI SAVELOY

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that is one brilliant idea about RVD vs. Hardy for the title in the Arena but isn't that the same stroyline as ONS 2006?

Perhaps what TNA should of done is turn the Wembley show into an episode of iMPACT and then tour to a different country a month and film an episode of iMPACT abroad.

Definetly when you got countries like France, Germany, Saudi, South Africa, Mexico, Canada, Australlia where you could film 2 iMPACTs and have a taping in the US after a PPV.

But it's probably trying to run before you can walk.

• Paid Members
It's a shame their product isn't stronger at the moment, as the size and level of crowd involvement at the old ECW Arena and the Hammerstein Ballroom would be great, but I think those particular crowds would shit over a lot of TNA and give awkward reactions for a lot of their stuff.

I think their best shot would be to have RVD finally get his shot at Hardy (if he's not serving Hard Time) and have that PPV at The Arena. At least the crowd would be on the right side for the Main Event.

I disagree. Most of the people the Philly crowd would hate are heels. Guys like Jarrett, Abyss, Hardy, Bischoff and Beer Money would get excellent heat if facing Angle, RVD, Joe and the Machine Guns.

I can't see them cheering Anderson or Morgan and I can't see them booing Flair. Though if they opened the show with Bischoff running down the Arena, ECW and Philly and then Anderson or Morgan ran down and went 911 on him, it'd blow the roof off.

• Paid Members
Definetly when you got countries like France, Germany, Saudi, South Africa, Mexico, Canada, Australlia where you could film 2 iMPACTs and have a taping in the US after a PPV.

Filming Impact is the cheapest thing on TNA's "to do" list. They dont pay rent on the building and they film there. Filming Impact on the road in various countries I'd imagine would cripple them. Especially considering the last tour overseas bombed miserably. Nobody wants to see Impact in Universal still, but its the reality at the moment. They cant do anything about it.

Filming Impact is the cheapest thing on TNA's "to do" list. They dont pay rent on the building and they film there. Filming Impact on the road in various countries I'd imagine would cripple them. Especially considering the last tour overseas bombed miserably. Nobody wants to see Impact in Universal still, but its the reality at the moment. They cant do anything about it.

So the Wembley shows which sold 8,100 out wouldn't be worth turning into TV? Surely they can get 2,000 people into an arena at least in other countries to make a better atmosphere than the impact zone?

So the Wembley shows which sold 8,100 out wouldn't be worth turning into TV? Surely they can get 2,000 people into an arena at least in other countries to make a better atmosphere than the impact zone?

THIS

I hope they do not use big arenas to try and fill the tapings at first. They need to build up slowly. The Hammerstein ballroom sized place would be good and build from there. Also Im not sure if the fans would pay to sit through tapings of 3-4 shows like in the IZ. RAW had this trouble in 96. but Live shows will probably work or taped ones internationally

I've always wondered what it was like sitting through the early 90's WWF tapings were there'd be non-stop Superstars jobber matches taped.

The crowd must have been uber enthusiastic or bored out their tits.

I saw some old WCW Saturday Night episodes recently and the crowd was often unbelievable, despite the fact that pretty much all the matches were jobber squashes. They were amazingly excitable, they must have spiked the popcorn or something.

Back when I was a teenager I actually knew someone who went to a few of those tapings (yes, back when I actually knew someone who watched wrestling :( ) and had a great time. His family had a place in Florida they would holiday in every year and he actually attended WCW tapings a few years back to back and over that time got to meet most of the wrestlers, including the main eventers, at this meet and greet thing they apparently used to do there (I didn't 100% believe him until I saw the photos) and got a pretty decent collection of autographs. It sounded awesome.

On the other hand, there is that account in Mick Foley's book (which was also the way it was portrayed in the sheets at the time) about it having no atmosphere, the audience not 'getting' wrestling and them holding up the "boo" and "cheer" signs. So I suppose it depends who you ask.

• Moderators

They always seemed hot in the Center Stage tapings, and when they had that amazingly awesome futuristic "MUTHASHIP!" theme. How much of this would have been down to sound sweetening then? Obviously Sgt Craig Pittman was as other as he seemed, but I have doubts about people giving the shit about Kurasawa and The Cole Twins that they seem to whenever I watch it.

• Paid Members
They always seemed hot in the Center Stage tapings, and when they had that amazingly awesome futuristic "MUTHASHIP!" theme.

Is this theme on Youtube? Would like to hear.

• Paid Members

Thats what they are doing at the moment, but it would be impossible for them to do anything other than that at the minute. In 2007, they tried to get the PPV's out of the Impact Zone and it failed miserably. TNA's promotion and advertising side is just not very good. There recent overseas trip was so bad, Eric Bischoff even called it a joke when he was verbally sparring with that knobhead on a podcast. The Impact Zone is the safe bet.

• Paid Members

It'd be a bit of a cheat, but I reckon they'd be better off doing a PPV on the continent. NWE gets massive numbers all the time, mainly because those countries are so starved for wrestling. A show in, say, Italy or Spain could make them look BIG time for sure.

It'd be a bit of a cheat, but I reckon they'd be better off doing a PPV on the continent. NWE gets massive numbers all the time, mainly because those countries are so starved for wrestling. A show in, say, Italy or Spain could make them look BIG time for sure.

Good shout mate. I've seen NWE events with much weaker cards running huge venues that look pretty damn full.

• Paid Members

Surely that would only work if they hired the Ultimate Warrior with a number two skinhead?

I think it may be an idea that one PPV could be ear marked as one that goes around the world UK,Germany,Italy,Spain,Australia etc.

Call it Global War or something less lame.

Archived