TNA FINALLY to take Impact on the road

OI OI SAVELOY

Sorry if already posted.

PWTorch has learned from TNA sources that TNA will be taking Impact on the road in mid-February.

Over the past year, TNA management has talked about wanting to film TV outside of Orlando, Fla. to "grow the brand" and gauge crowd reactions in locations besides the Impact Zone.

The only other Impact TV taping held outside of Orlando was in Las Vegas in October 2008. The show notably marked the debut of the Main Event Mafia group.

First live show is going to be on the 23rd of Feb in Carolina.

I think it's a smart idea for TNA to do this, as long as they dont plan on going Full time, which has already been stated by some higher ups within TNA as being "Financially Suicidal". It's a shot in the arm TNA has needed for a while, and should give them a better indication of who exactly on the roster is over outside of the IZ and will at the very least, hopefully add to some of the angles in terms of heat and crowd response as the IZ as of late have been about as responsive as a coma victim.

The 23rd is a Thursday by the way, and Impact WILL be live on that date.

Discuss.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they do not use big arenas to try and fill the tapings at first. They need to build up slowly. The Hammerstein ballroom sized place would be good and build from there. Also Im not sure if the fans would pay to sit through tapings of 3-4 shows like in the IZ. RAW had this trouble in 96. but Live shows will probably work or taped ones internationally

I hope they do not use big arenas to try and fill the tapings at first. They need to build up slowly. The Hammerstein ballroom sized place would be good and build from there. Also Im not sure if the fans would pay to sit through tapings of 3-4 shows like in the IZ. RAW had this trouble in 96. but Live shows will probably work or taped ones internationally

I've always wondered what it was like sitting through the early 90's WWF tapings were there'd be non-stop Superstars jobber matches taped.

The crowd must have been uber enthusiastic or bored out their tits.

I hope this works for them too considering that they dont sell tickets in Orlando. Im just hoping that they make more money off tickets going elsewhere than they spend on the place/production. Its vital that TNA start making a profit. I agree that a ppv in England would benifit them, i think they could see out wembley arena if it was one of their big ppvs.

would prefer if they just had all of there ppvs outside of the impact zone

That would be alright if they just did 3 or 4 PPVs a year as well to make them even bigger, where the other months they could have weekend Spike TV Specials instead from the Impact Zone. I'm really happy about what they are going to do though, and they are probably going to announce the new Sky TV deal as well this week, so I can actualy watch it.

• Paid Members

I've always wondered what it was like sitting through the early 90's WWF tapings were there'd be non-stop Superstars jobber matches taped.

The crowd must have been uber enthusiastic or bored out their tits.

I saw some old WCW Saturday Night episodes recently and the crowd was often unbelievable, despite the fact that pretty much all the matches were jobber squashes. They were amazingly excitable, they must have spiked the popcorn or something.

It's a shame their product isn't stronger at the moment, as the size and level of crowd involvement at the old ECW Arena and the Hammerstein Ballroom would be great, but I think those particular crowds would shit over a lot of TNA and give awkward reactions for a lot of their stuff.

I think their best shot would be to have RVD finally get his shot at Hardy (if he's not serving Hard Time) and have that PPV at The Arena. At least the crowd would be on the right side for the Main Event.

Archived