Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Whiskey_Jim

• Paid Members

Every year someone says it was the best Rumble and I always shake my head in disbelief.

I will say that it was probably one of the better ones in quite a few years, but there were a lot of dull parts and the crowd was pretty dead by the end. They werent jumping up and down for the final four and werent too bothered about Orton being beaten down in the final three.

Actually there was a point when Cena faced off with Orton and they stared down and started punching each other Hogan/Warrior, Rock/Austin style but it didnt really go over. However, overall it was decent and it was great to see Nash back. although a Nash/Show match sounds fucking awful to me. Stick them in a four way with Taker and Barrett at Mania. It'll be a big man stinker, but it'll be an improvement.

I dont watch WWE often and have no idea about Del Rio, thats gotta be the first rumble winner who isnt a long established wrestler right?

Really liked Edge/Ziggler, the crowd were mental for it. Orton/Miz was alright and the womens match was my piss break.

Overall a decent show, but lets not go mad. 6.5/10

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me, all credibility the New Nexus had is dead, and it's all because of John Cena (again). He eliminated three fresh guys and, admittedly, a rather tired CM Punk with little resistance. It's a shame, because I was genuinely loving that small part of the rumble.

Overall, not a bad show, but not a brilliant one. I'm also not getting this love for the rumble itself, quite weak in places, although my heart skipped a couple of beats with Santino in at the end.

Are we allowed to properly talk about the rumble yet now that its over? do we need to put 'spoiler' on stuff?

Just incase though:

Edge vs Ziggler. Very impressed with this match and loved how the crowd really got into Zigglers pinfalls near the end. He is destined for great things. Wasn't a massive fan of the finish as surely they could just watch the reply and change the results???

Miz vs Orton. Again i was suprised that i enjoyed this as we've already seen this match about 4 times in the last 2 months. And also again i wasn't massively impressed with the ending but it got people talking about future matches and i guess anything that starts new storylines is a good thing.

Womens title match. I really expected the change of the match to bring in a new diva but was very dissappointed with who came out instead. More dissappointed with the result of the match. Confused also.

Rumble. Wasn't the best rumble by far. I enjoyed bits of it (New Nexus, Barrett and the suprise entrants). I felt that too many people went out too quickly and too easily and that most of the time i was just waiting for something to happen (i was fine with the Nexus stuff until Cena came out and did his 'Superman' crap again). I wasn't too keen on WWE using 2 entries for 2 wrestlers we had already seen in previous matches (not sure thats been done before but i could be wrong). I was however extremely satisfied with the winner.

Overall, a better than average Royal Rumble show. I liked the 40 man idea, it didn't feel any different. Just feel that its only gonna set up an average Wrestlemania with nothing really standing out.

I wasn't too keen on WWE using 2 entries for 2 wrestlers we had already seen in previous matches (not sure thats been done before but i could be wrong).

It used to get done all the time, but usually with guys in the midcard feuds. I'm not entirely surprised that they pulled double duty, seeing as they had to fill 40 spots, and having two top tier guys left out would have made little sense.

Are we allowed to properly talk about the rumble yet now that its over? do we need to put 'spoiler' on stuff?

Just incase though:

Edge vs Ziggler. Very impressed with this match and loved how the crowd really got into Zigglers pinfalls near the end. He is destined for great things. Wasn't a massive fan of the finish as surely they could just watch the reply and change the results???

yes we are in here because there is a spoiler subtitle to the thread.

and when it comes to edge and mr ziggles, they could just be using that finish as a springboard for a rematch and get some miles out of the fued.

and when it comes to edge and mr ziggles, they could just be using that finish as a springboard for a rematch and get some miles out of the fued.

Yeah i guess you're right, Ziggler deserves to be in the main event picture now and hopefully he'll get more mic time for practice just for when Vicky and him break up and he turns face (it'll happen at some point down the line). I hope to see Ziggler in the Smackdown Chamber match.

Del Rio is class, fantastic wrestler, gimmick that works well for him and he has the ability to hang with anyone in the ring.

Plus it was done mainly to win over the Hispanic crowd and keep them intrested in WWE. I think it was a great move to have him win it. If he didn't win then i would have wanted CM Punk to take it.

Archived